You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bud Adams Passed Away This Morning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
s_camp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming he was in any condition to watch the game yesterday, I'm sorry that was the last he saw of his franchise.
VY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
BurheadTitans wrote:
Yeah most fans didn't agree with his decisions but it sucks that he is gone. I have to admit, I'm kinda worried about the future of the Titans in Nashville.

You shouldn't... Nashville has given the Titans everything they've asked for. Plus, no State Tax.. it has it's perks.

Plus they're tied here til 2028 with their lease. Too bad a Super Bowl win never happened in his lifetime, but he certainly changed the landscape of both Houston and Nashville for the better, regardless of how things transpired to get there. Good read from Climer: http://www.tennessean.com/article/20131021/NEWS/310210069/David-Climer-Will-reigns-pass-grandson-
lamont

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
lamont wrote:
His grandson is taking over now right? I know he was working in the front office.

That's what it looks like

What kind of guy is he? Anyone know? I hope he is not another Jim Irsay or Al Davis son.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very curious to see what his grandson does differently or the same while steering the ship. I liked the moves last offseason so I'm hoping that was a sign that the grandson (suppose I should google his name, eh?) was assuming more control.

I was never a fan of his, but now is not the time for all that. RIP, Bud and prayers go out for his family.

Adopt a Titan 2017: Derrick Henry and Mike Mularkey
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, well day was coming.

Hate that he didn't at least get back to the Super Bowl. He went all in with Manning, that was his last push. Understandably so, Manning would have made the last two years something to watch...

I also hate the HOF chumped him out of being able to go in, while alive. He was just as important as Lamar Hunt was...they started the AFL together for goodness sake.

His love of the Longhorn hurt the franchise.

I'm sooo thankful however, that he brought the NFL to Nashville. It is something I love and have a passion for....something that now my son and I share and have endless memories with.....

Overall thanks to him for giving Nashville the NFL.
Titan89

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow this is crazy it is sad for sure. Regardless of what people think of him he did usher in a lot to the NFL as a whole and obviously to the city of Nashville. It is a big loss for the Titans.

I can't help but think about the irony and how there could not be a better match up coming up though for the Titans next then against the St Louis Rams in two weeks. The Rams the team the Titans played against at arguably their pinnacle and fell just one yard short unfortunately. However those were the great years for the Titans.

Also the fact that Jeff Fisher is now their coach, a man who knows Bud I am sure as well as anyone currently in the Titans organization who worked with him. Not to mention so many players for both teams who were part of the drafts Bud was a part of.

I know obviously it is all coincidental he would pass before the game against the Rams but it is cool to think about. Almost poetic in a way I guess anyways RIP bud and God be with his family.

Also best of luck to whoever takes over for Bud. I just hope this lights a fire and the Titans come out guns blazing as if nothing else this should be good motivation for the team.
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Sad if true. We rag on Bud alot but he has done so much for the city of Nashville and the NFL itself. RIP Bud, sad the team couldn't win you one while you were here but don't worry, you and McNair will be looking down one day while this team hoists that Lombardi.

Well said...
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titanium wrote:
Dang. RIP Bud.

Thought for sure he was going to live forever. Sad
Yeah, thought he was going to outlive us all.

Goodell's statement on Bud:

Quote:
"Bud Adams played a pivotal role in the growth of pro football as a pioneer and innovator. As a founding owner of the American Football League that began play in 1960, Bud saw the potential of pro football and brought the game to new cities and new heights of popularity, first in Houston and then in Nashville. He was a brilliant entrepreneur with a terrific sense of humor that helped lighten many a tense meeting. His commitment to the best interests of the game and league was unwavering, and his personal along with the team's impact in community relations and philanthropy set a standard for the NFL. Bud was truly a gift to the NFL. We extend our deepest sympathy to his daughters Susan and Amy, and the entire family."

Hate the fact that he never got to see a Super Bowl win. Regardless of the many criticisms he has faced over the last few decades, the man played a huge role in getting the game of football to where it is today.

Sounds like his grandson, Kenneth S. Adams IV, will likely take over.

Props to mike23md on the sig
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP.

Will be interesting to see how this influences the offseason and future seasons. Will we continue to open up the checkbook a bit to land players we like? Or will we revert back to conservative, small-market spending?

^^El ramster^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

#JDI
FootballProdiG wrote:
Cant spell choke without OKC
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP Bud

Shame we never got the ever elusive championship while you were still here.

Sig by Smack
Adopt-A-Titan: 1) Corey Davis 2) Tre McBride
NFL: Titans // NBA: Cavaliers // NHL: Blue Jackets
therealdeal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
lamont wrote:
His grandson is taking over now right? I know he was working in the front office.

What kind of guy is he? Anyone know? I hope he is not another Jim Irsay or Al Davis son.

I dont really know.. the only thing you really hear about him is kind of having sort of a bad attitude but truly loves the game.
lamont

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
lamont wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
lamont wrote:

I dont really know.. the only thing you really hear about him is kind of having sort of a bad attitude but truly loves the game.

He has a bad attitude like throwing the double barrel salute to fivehead in a few weeks from the owner's box?

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Mac 9 for LiFE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Wyatt and McClain on Twitter, they think his son-in-law Tommy Smith, will take over.

He apparently had been involved over the off-season, as Bud's condition diminished.

RIP
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac 9 for LiFE wrote:
According to Wyatt and McClain on Twitter, they think his son-in-law Tommy Smith, will take over.

He apparently had been involved over the off-season, as Bud's condition diminished.

RIP

Hope this doesn't turn into a big family drama thing..

Sig by Smack
Adopt-A-Titan: 1) Corey Davis 2) Tre McBride
NFL: Titans // NBA: Cavaliers // NHL: Blue Jackets
-Munch-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man. I didn't even know he was that close. Really would have been a dream if we could've somehow gotten a SB this year for him. He'll keep watching the titans from the other side. RIP Bud

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: