Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Report: Bucs RB Martin Out For Season-Torn Labrum
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
Noooooooooo!

He was my only RB with steady production...

You can always have Arian Fo.........Oh wait... Laughing

I'm in the same sinking boat you are my friend.

Gonna try to pick up Mike James... my only other RB worth anything is Ray Rice and he's been awful. I did pick up Zac Stacy... hopefully he can stay productive... x.x

Nacho Simulation Football League
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:
Speaking Monday, Bucs coach Greg Schiano admitted it would be a "stretch" for Doug Martin (shoulder) to play in Week 8, but that the team does not believe his injury is season-ending.
Take it with a grain of salt this is Greg Schiano we're talking about here but it's unlikely Schiano would project such positivity if he truly feared Martin's season was over. Of course, Schiano did not provide a timetable for Martin's return, so he should still be considered out indefinitely. Mike James will get the start on Thursday against the Panthers. It's possible Martin's status won't be meaningfully updated until next week.

Laughing

Is there a coach more hated than Schiano right now? Seems like everyone is piling on...

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many injuries to big players this past week. It is too bad for Martin. He was definitely getting pounded by all the carries he was taking.

On the bright side for Bucs fans, not having him in could accelerate Schiano's departure.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roysmyboy31 wrote:
So many injuries to big players this past week. It is too bad for Martin. He was definitely getting pounded by all the carries he was taking.

On the bright side for Bucs fans, not having him in could accelerate Schiano's departure.
Another silver lining is he'll have fresh legs come next season. This is already a lost season so why not. You don't want to see a big time player like Martin get hurt and miss time but there are advantages.

Kempes on the custom sig!
Nucky

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Not a bucs fan but i like doug martin. Its a shoulder muscle so its not like it should impact his career going forward.

Praying everyone in my fantasy league lives under a rock and doesn't hear about this so mike james clears waivers. Pray
"Fellas, I can tolerate arrogance, conceit, greed but self-pity is the one thing that just chaps my a--. We've experienced difficulty, but I will not tolerate, nor be part of, anything resembling self-pity."- Brian Billick
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your move Jacksonville?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Your move Jacksonville?

Haha is turning into a reverse Seattle/SanFran tic for tac? On a bright side for us, we still have Mike James. He played well in preseason and in the Atlanta game. If I still played FF I would pick him up. He runs similar to the Dolphins RB.
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

96BucsBallin wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Your move Jacksonville?

Haha is turning into a reverse Seattle/SanFran tic for tac? On a bright side for us, we still have Mike James. He played well in preseason and in the Atlanta game. If I still played FF I would pick him up. He runs similar to the Dolphins RB.

You mean the Dolphins RB's that are horrible fantasy players? I'm not picking up James. In any leagues. And i play in some 14 teamers.

For the long term health of the Bucs franchise, this is probably good. Now Martin can rest for next year.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
unfsaint

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

Nucky wrote:
Not a bucs fan but i like doug martin. Its a shoulder muscle so its not like it should impact his career going forward.

Praying everyone in my fantasy league lives under a rock and doesn't hear about this so mike james clears waivers. Pray

A labrum isn't a muscle...it's cartilage. It is comparable to the meniscus in the knee. But I agree...the surgery isn't bad. The rehab is pretty intense just because the shoulder joint has tons of range of motion, so it is not always easy to completely regain that range of motion. But with top notch physicians and rehab teams...I am not worried about him going forward.
tinoynk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sucks to see. I love the kid, he balled hard and basically won my fantasy league for me last year. Now, he almost singlehandedly killed my team this year.

Hopefully he can get back next year and start running hard.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has Schiano stated he's gone for the year? Or is he sticking to his "iffy for next week" prognosis? Does he really have a chance of playing again or is this just another example of a coach wanting to control the story?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
Has Schiano stated he's gone for the year? Or is he sticking to his "iffy for next week" prognosis? Does he really have a chance of playing again or is this just another example of a coach wanting to control the story?

Bucs.com is reporting that he will miss "at least the next game". Maybe they're waiting on a second opinion?

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-smith/Bucs-Claim-RB-Rainey/ba0da322-b455-409b-89bb-51414b66a055

Doug Martin
Nucky

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

unfsaint wrote:
Nucky wrote:

A labrum isn't a muscle...it's cartilage. It is comparable to the meniscus in the knee. But I agree...the surgery isn't bad. The rehab is pretty intense just because the shoulder joint has tons of range of motion, so it is not always easy to completely regain that range of motion. But with top notch physicians and rehab teams...I am not worried about him going forward.

Being a young guy should help him too.
"Fellas, I can tolerate arrogance, conceit, greed but self-pity is the one thing that just chaps my a--. We've experienced difficulty, but I will not tolerate, nor be part of, anything resembling self-pity."- Brian Billick
jfinley88

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing I went with my flawless jfin instincts and took Martin over Shady. I am fantasy god.

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buc Ball wrote:
titanrick wrote:

Bucs.com is reporting that he will miss "at least the next game". Maybe they're waiting on a second opinion?

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-smith/Bucs-Claim-RB-Rainey/ba0da322-b455-409b-89bb-51414b66a055
It would seem to me that Schiano is trying to win now to save his job where as the bucs are preparing for the future. Probably why Schiano is making it sound like Martin might play

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: