Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How did you become a Jet fan ??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jetcane

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born in Bronx NY and the earliest recollection I have of wearing anything was a Joe Namath Jersey. My favorite pic of myself is me wearing the Namath jersey while winding up up my Evil Knievel stunt cycle with action figure. The friggin best!

Moved to Miami when I was 11 and brought the Jets swagger with me. Now you know why I hate those stinkin fish.

Brings me great joy that we have beaten them more than they have beaten us.

Love being a Jets Fan!

I love to hate the Red Sux
YANKEES RULE THE UNIVERSE!

Last edited by Jetcane on Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched both the Jets and the Giants casually as a kid in the 80's, but the first season I seriously watched every game and closely followed an NFL team was the 1990 Giants season, when of couse they had a magic carpet ride of a year, and won the Superbowl on the last play of the game.

It was hard to get that excited again about any team. Parcells had left town, and the big stars of that era faded away. But when Parcells returned to NY as the HC, I was all in. My friends and family all viewed the Jets as a joke, and inherently losers, but I said to them you watch what happens with Parcells involved. The most excited I was for any game wasthe 1998 AFC championship game, when all the NY blowhards had to admit the Jets were respectable again.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just about everyone I know is a Giants fan, and I wanted to be different. Lucky me, I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much grew up a Jets fan my whole life.. Went through some weird year in like 2nd or 3rd grade when I wanted to be different and Became a bills fan idk why.. The next year I was back to being a Jets fan and I have been since then.
Malik

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad is a Jets fan. I was initially NFL agnostic and just decided to watch teams based on who either had the best defense or was the most fun to play in Super Tecmo/Gameday/Madden. I became a Jets fan because I strongly admire Curtis Martin as a person.
perikirest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at one point a Patriots fan Shocked but it was because I was more a fan of the coach at that time and two players (Meggett and Martin) and after that Super Bowl loss to Green Bay Parcells went green and white and so did I. I stayed true cause of the players like Martin that were tuna retreads as well as Jets like Chrebet, Cox, Keyshawn, the original Mo, and Vinny.

AAJ Mark Sanchez
1 Torn Labrum
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
JetFanSince85 wrote:
I got better reception on 4 then 2. So that is why I started watching the Jets. True story.

I'm first gernration Italian, soccer was first sport in my house. My dad is not a sports fan, just a hard woking immigrant that has truly lived the american dream.

Where about in Italy they from?? My Dad is from Naples but moved to England when he was 14.

My parents are from Naples as well, small town 30 minutes outside of naples, Aerola...
werds35

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 17 years ago, my brother (who is a die hard Vikings fan) and I decided to take a week end trip to New York to watch the Vikings v. Jets. I fell in love with the stadium atmosphere and never let go.

The first time they broke into J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets, I almost puked it was so loud! It was amazing!!

We are from Ontario, Canada.
bluecheese555

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1996, the 1-15 season. Every Sunday night my dad would tell me the results of the Jets and Giants games, and every week he'd say the Jets lost. I just wanted them to win one game so badly, and was so happy when they finally did, that I was hooked for life.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to say in the early 80's when I saw this crazy man throwing the QB around like a rag doll and dancing around. I thought that was the coolest thing around. I was like 5 years old. I would try doing this to my friends and brothers. My parents were not to happy lol. The guys name: MARK GASTINEAU !!!!!!
jg6041

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow cool reasons. Mine I will tell yet again lol.
When I was a kid the Jets were owned by Leon Hess.
There was a Hess gas station by my parents house.
Every Christmas they came out with the "Hess Truck" "Yeah the Hess trucks here".
It had movable parts and a siren. -High tech in my day. Cool
I blame Leon Hess and his cool toys for tricking me lol.

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
Davey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone else seemed to be Giants fans. I'm the original football hipster.
ukjets21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching games, just wanted them to win.

Adopt a Jet: Sheldon Richardson

Tackles - 77
Sacks - 3.5
Forced Fumbles - 1
4 Carries - 4 Yards - 2 TDs
doumeyer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys had sum great stories how you became a Jet fan. but you have to have been thru the HEIDI GAME to be a real Jet fan. Jets had a three point lead with only a minute to play, all of a sudden NBC cut the game off and went to the silly Heidi movie, the Jets lost the game and we still don't know how. In those days we had no clickers to throw. Those Oakland Raider & Jets games were wild, Oakland had some great teams in those days. but Namath beat them in some big games, none bigger when they beat Oakland to go to the Super Bowl.
jets21rhodes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad made sure Yankees and Jets were two of the first words that ever came out of my mouth. I had a short while where I almost transformed into a Giants fan (around the 2000 superbowl time), but my father pulled me back in when we were watching the Mo Lewis-Drew Bledsoe game of 2001. I was just starting to play pee-wee football and my dad was able to convince me I could be like Mo Lewis (I played linebacker then). Thus I turned back to the good side and have been a die hard ever since. Thanks a lot Mo Lewis.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: