Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How did you become a Jet fan ??
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doumeyer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: How did you become a Jet fan ?? Reply with quote

Like most pro football fans i was a hard core N.Y. Giant NFL fan. And all my friends said if you play in the AFL you were a bum. That was not true in the early years of the AFL most of the top players were going to the AFL. Like Billy Cannon, Keith Lincoln, Joe Namath, Earl Faison, Ernie Ladd Lance Alworth, and the list is a mile long. So in 1963 i became a N.Y. Jet fan. Wheather you want to believe it or not Joe Namath was the one who put the AFL on the map.
JMG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been going to games since I was less than 1 year old. I guess it's kinda in my blood.

[]_[] Family
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was 7. My grandfather and my dad were Bills fans & my mom's dad was a Giants fan. I wanted to be different but have a NY team. I've been down with the Green & White ever since.

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
JMG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
I was 7. My grandfather and my dad were Bills fans & my mom's dad was a Giants fan. I wanted to be different but have a NY team. I've been down with the Green & White ever since.
What a weird way to become a Jet fan Laughing

[]_[] Family
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMG wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
What a weird way to become a Jet fan Laughing

lol I know right. I was born in Buffalo, so I always get asked why didn't I become a Bills fans.

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

born into the tradition

well I was kind of forced

Jameis Winston wrote:
I said, we said, uh, I said

#LuckAllDay
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was born in it. Molded by it. By the time I knew I could pick a team I was already a man.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
I was born in it. Molded by it. By the time I knew I could pick a team I was already a man.
Applause

I actually smiled when reading this.

Quote:
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every male and female in my family (both mom and dad's side) are Giants fans except my Dad. So many times my aunt, my uncles and my grandfather tried to get me to be a Giants fan but I was riding with my Dad.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got better reception on 4 then 2. So that is why I started watching the Jets. True story.

I'm first gernration Italian, soccer was first sport in my house. My dad is not a sports fan, just a hard woking immigrant that has truly lived the american dream.
RollTide99

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Family tradition

JMG on the sig
drew39k

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad was a dolphins fan. They were playing the jets. I decided to root for the other team. That was the first time I rooted for a team. A couple years later the my cousin got game day 98 and I always picked the jets. I started getting into football. Wayne Chebet Curtis Martin and vinny t were my heroes
Technically yes... BUT by laws of playoff football, The Andrew Lucks lost to the Quarterbackbowl 47 winning Joe Flaccos. Whereas the Russel Wilsons lost to the Matt Ryans, who didnt even beat the Colin Kaepernicks.
xenajets

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only started watching football in 06 and watched the Jets Dolphins game where Favre made his debut and ever since then iv been hooked!! I can't even remember why I decided to start watching the NFL as no friend or family members are even interested as soccer is the ONLY sport ever mentioned in Manchester where I'm from!! Most U.K supporters went for the Colts or Patriots but I suppose it was just meant for me to be a Jet!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetFanSince85 wrote:
I got better reception on 4 then 2. So that is why I started watching the Jets. True story.

I'm first gernration Italian, soccer was first sport in my house. My dad is not a sports fan, just a hard woking immigrant that has truly lived the american dream.

Where about in Italy they from?? My Dad is from Naples but moved to England when he was 14.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing I knew how to say when I was a kid was probably Momma and Dadda that next thing was J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets. I can thank my Dad for that one. Wouldn't have it any other way though.

Props to Mack on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: