Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Martin's Season Over?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Martin's Season Over? Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7426/doug-martin

Quote:
According to the NFL Network, Doug Martin's shoulder injury is serious.We're still awaiting official word on Martin's MRI, but FOX Sports is reporting that it's a torn labrum. If that's true, the Muscle Hamster's season is over.

Par for the course Confused

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might not actually be the worst news ever. It saves Martin from pounding the ball 30+ times a game under Schiano. When he's back, he will be in a better system and under a better staff who will look after him properly. Plus, his injury shouldn't affect him when he comes back.

Doug Martin
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still do not understand our use of Martin this season, I wish him the best of luck in his recovery. He has a bright future and is a good guy - I hope we do not rush him back, because there is no point in doing so. I would say I'm excited to see what James can bring to the table, but I don't think any RB would look good when we run with nine guys in the box.
Bucs00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buc Ball wrote:
This might not actually be the worst news ever. It saves Martin from pounding the ball 30+ times a game under Schiano. When he's back, he will be in a better system and under a better staff who will look after him properly. Plus, his injury shouldn't affect him when he comes back.

Someone might call this twisted thinking, but i agree with you. Its not like blew his knee. He will be fresh and healthy when he comes back next season.
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucs00 wrote:
Buc Ball wrote:

Someone might call this twisted thinking, but i agree with you. Its not like blew his knee. He will be fresh and healthy when he comes back next season.

Don't get me wrong, I'm gutted to lose any of our players for the season, let alone one of our best and I hope he makes a quick recovery. I just get the feeling this could actually be good for the longevity of his career.

Doug Martin
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only sad for Martin

Can care less what it means for our season. On that note, RB is a strong suit for us. With Martin,James and Leonard we are straight. Excited to see what James can do

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the bright side of this is that it saves him from getting destroyed every game by Schiano, 30 carries into 9 man boxes. Hope he comes back nice and healthy.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad for Martin.

But in the longrun, it will probably extend his career. He was going to lead the NFL in carries, on an awful team.

(also increases our changes of getting a top draft pick).

Props to Eggy
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He Hate Me wrote:
Sad for Martin.

But in the longrun, it will probably extend his career. He was going to lead the NFL in carries, on an awful team.

(also increases our changes of getting a top draft pick).

this is by no means bad news. Schiano was just going to wear him down.

Rest up Douggie, better things to come

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everybody else. This injury might have saved him from the brutality of running in a Schiano offense. It'd be for the best to have him on IR this year, then have a fresh muscle hampster next year.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
SappDaddyDance

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to JBF, in Schiano's presser, (which like Rah's during the final season I stopped watching), Schiano did say that Doug's injury might not be season ending, and that there is a shot he plays on Thursday. All I can say is.....
Rolling Eyes

I am all for the guy believing that Martin is not injured for the year, but at 0-6 and a defense that can't get any pass rush, an o-line that can't stop any pass rush or create lanes for your feature running back as you try to drag him through the ground, I say just STOP. James and Leonard did not look incompetent last week when they was given reps in the Falcons game and we can get a chance to see how well our line holds up against the Panthers front seven.

I don't know my enthusiasm for the season ended when Nick Foles torched us last week only to put up 88 yards the following week.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know about you guys, but I'm having fun this season. This season is awesome.

Can't wait to see what happens next. Really, I can't.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is an opportunity to see what our rookies can do for our offense. Can Mike James help Glennon out and vice versa? Our offense just took another hit but this is a good opportunity to see what we have. Both players have good back-up upside at best so getting them some starting experience would benefit them next year. Hello top 3 draft pick.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
Well this is an opportunity to see what our rookies can do for our offense. Can Mike James help Glennon out and vice versa? Our offense just took another hit but this is a good opportunity to see what we have. Both players have good back-up upside at best so getting them some starting experience would benefit them next year. Hello top 3 draft pick.

Pretty much a lock. I need to start reading up on the scouting reports for Teddy, Marcus, and possibly Brett. The vets are already showing signs of being disinterested, gotta stay healthy to earn more pay for next year. Why put it on the line for this inferior staff? Really can't blame them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: