Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers TE Jermichael Finley in ICU
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dwaye50

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
Braylon4MVP wrote:
Those of you saying that was a dirty hit are crazy. He clearly not only went into the hit without malicious intent, he clearly attempted to lessen the injury risk (and penalty risk) of the hit when he contorted his body.

Don't see a single person in this thread saying it was a dirty hit, just terrible form. There's no way anyone can argue otherwise on that.

Youre talking about moving targets, the perfect form yove been preaching about the last couple weeks doesnt always work.

Regarding teh Finley injury, its horrible news but in no way is it on the defender.

Rolling Eyes

Perfect form? Yeah keeping your head up is terribly difficult. Doesn't matter if the target is moving or not, look at Gipson's head, he has no idea what or where he is hitting. It's totally on the defender.

I think this goes both ways. From an earlier age, ball carries are taught to run with their heads when contact is made to help prevent injuries. Thats one reason why the NFL made the RB lowering their helmet rule. Who knows, if J-Mike keeps his head up, we aren't having this conversation right now. For whos fault it is, I say its 50/50.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dwaye50 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
Braylon4MVP wrote:
Those of you saying that was a dirty hit are crazy. He clearly not only went into the hit without malicious intent, he clearly attempted to lessen the injury risk (and penalty risk) of the hit when he contorted his body.

Don't see a single person in this thread saying it was a dirty hit, just terrible form. There's no way anyone can argue otherwise on that.

Youre talking about moving targets, the perfect form yove been preaching about the last couple weeks doesnt always work.

Regarding teh Finley injury, its horrible news but in no way is it on the defender.

Rolling Eyes

Perfect form? Yeah keeping your head up is terribly difficult. Doesn't matter if the target is moving or not, look at Gipson's head, he has no idea what or where he is hitting. It's totally on the defender.

I think this goes both ways. From an earlier age, ball carries are taught to run with their heads when contact is made to help prevent injuries. Thats one reason why the NFL made the RB lowering their helmet rule. Who knows, if J-Mike keeps his head up, we aren't having this conversation right now. For whos fault it is, I say its 50/50.

Laughing wow.

props to deadpulse

vikingsvikings wrote:

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dwaye50 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
Braylon4MVP wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Yeah this is wrong, If this was an open field play, you'd maybe have a point. Finley is being tackled, he's going down to the ground and being dragged down, its not like he dropped down to take on Gipson, he's already half way through being tackled by Ward, when Gipson comes in for a kill shot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: