Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers TE Jermichael Finley in ICU
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Braylon4MVP wrote:
Those of you saying that was a dirty hit are crazy. He clearly not only went into the hit without malicious intent, he clearly attempted to lessen the injury risk (and penalty risk) of the hit when he contorted his body.

Don't see a single person in this thread saying it was a dirty hit, just terrible form. There's no way anyone can argue otherwise on that.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Braylon4MVP wrote:
Those of you saying that was a dirty hit are crazy. He clearly not only went into the hit without malicious intent, he clearly attempted to lessen the injury risk (and penalty risk) of the hit when he contorted his body.

Don't see a single person in this thread saying it was a dirty hit, just terrible form. There's no way anyone can argue otherwise on that.

Eagles101 said it was dirty and filthy... but he is wrong so... Laughing

It was bad form

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
eagles101

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
Braylon4MVP wrote:

It was bad form

bad form=dirty in my book. there is no more excuses of im just a big ol dumb dumb and dont know how to tackle. its a dirty way to tackle. he might not have meant it to be dirty but it is.

props to deadpulse
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
Braylon4MVP wrote:

It was bad form

bad form=dirty in my book. there is no more excuses of im just a big ol dumb dumb and dont know how to tackle. its a dirty way to tackle. he might not have meant it to be dirty but it is.

This makes no sense to me.

The difference, IMO between dirty and bad form is intent.

To me, dirty implies that he was trying to injure or apply a cheap shot. Bad form implies that he just screwed up and did something poorly.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
eagles101

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
Braylon4MVP wrote:

It was bad form

To me, dirty implies that he was trying to injure or apply a cheap shot. Bad form implies that he just screwed up and did something poorly.

Its more like drunk driving in my book. You don't mean to kill someone when you drink and drive but if it happens there is no excuse. Depending on how you look at "dirty" hits, the hit was dirty. A better phrasing might be reckless endangerment. So not to get into a argument over what to call it, there isn't an excuse for what he did.

props to deadpulse
bears2308

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
Braylon4MVP wrote:

It was bad form

Its more like drunk driving in my book. You don't mean to kill someone when you drink and drive but if it happens there is no excuse. Depending on how you look at "dirty" hits, the hit was dirty. A better phrasing might be reckless endangerment. So not to get into a argument over what to call it, there isn't an excuse for what he did.

Wonderful comparison. Someone knowingly getting behind the wheel while intoxicated and killing someone is very similar to someone unintentionally making a mistake and hurting someone. They do have urinary analysis tests that can prove if someone has been drinking in the past week. He was probably hammered when he made the tackle. Suspension in the midst... Wink

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
Braylon4MVP wrote:

It was bad form

Wonderful comparison. Someone knowingly getting behind the wheel while intoxicated and killing someone is very similar to someone unintentionally making a mistake and hurting someone. They do have urinary analysis tests that can prove if someone has been drinking in the past week. He was probably hammered when he made the tackle. Suspension in the midst... Wink

ye because i was making the comparison on the severity of what happened an not strictly on the responsibility of the person.

props to deadpulse
incognito_man

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
ohiogenius wrote:

It was clear Gipson was trying to pull off but Finley dropped his head.

Its the risks of going over the middle. It couldve been far worse if Gipson just played like a safety playing a guy who weighs 40 lbs more than him.

yeah, not buying that...

Then watch the replay not a still shot. He led with his shoulder pad and moved his head at the last second so as to not make it helmet to helmet. He wasnt a defenseless receiver, either. He had taken several steps. Unfortunate but not Gipson's fault.

telling someone to "watch the replay" is not proof of anything. I've seen it many times.

And I'm not buying that he was letting off. There is absolutely nothing that comes remotely close to that being true from what I've seen. I question the bias of anyone who thinks differently because there's no evidence to suggest he is pulling off from hitting him. At all.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
Braylon4MVP wrote:

It was bad form

It doesn't work if you take what he said out of context, all he is saying is there was no intent to injure, but a poor decision caused one to happen. It's the same as a workplace injury, if you back a forklift into a ladder some guy is standing on, he's going to get hurt, but it wasn't because it was your plan to hurt him. Whether bad form = dirty is just a matter of personal opinion I would say.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
Braylon4MVP wrote:

It was bad form

Whether you agree with him or not, that's a silly critique. He can just as easily say that a player is knowingly tackling while using poor and dangerous tackling form and injuring someone.

In both cases the person didn't set out to injure someone, but their lack of responsibility contributed to that happening. Frankly, it's a pretty good comparison if you don't fall into the obvious trap of comparing the severity of the two.
tom cody

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible injury for Finley, hopefully he recovers from this okay.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Braylon4MVP wrote:

Youre talking about moving targets, the perfect form yove been preaching about the last couple weeks doesnt always work.

Regarding teh Finley injury, its horrible news but in no way is it on the defender.
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concussion followed with almost getting paralyzed.
If this was Brandon Marshall, I'd say it's about time to hang up the cleats.
So it's not the bears fan in me saying Finley should consider retirement. I think it wouldn't be smart to continue playing after getting this close.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
Braylon4MVP wrote:

Youre talking about moving targets, the perfect form yove been preaching about the last couple weeks doesnt always work.

Regarding teh Finley injury, its horrible news but in no way is it on the defender.

Rolling Eyes

Perfect form? Yeah keeping your head up is terribly difficult. Doesn't matter if the target is moving or not, look at Gipson's head, he has no idea what or where he is hitting. It's totally on the defender.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Concussion followed with almost getting paralyzed.
If this was Brandon Marshall, I'd say it's about time to hang up the cleats.
So it's not the bears fan in me saying Finley should consider retirement. I think it wouldn't be smart to continue playing after getting this close.

Link?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: