Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Home-field advantage..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T1TANS f4n LIFE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Home-field advantage.. Reply with quote

... Is non-existent for Tennessee this year. I've been to two home games this year (KC, 49ers) and I'm sad to day that the opposing teams fans each time have been just as loud if not louder than Titans fans and it is straight up embarrassing. I felt so bad for the team when the stadium was 3/4 empty mid way through the 3rd quarter with "Let's go 9ers!" booming through the air while we were on offense. Same deal with KC. I heard the Braves chant loudly throughout the game.

Is our fan base really becoming this weak and impatient? I actually had 6-8 people around me leave at halftime. HALFTIME. I don't recall it ever being this bad at the stadium.

I always watch opposing player interviews and they always talk about how hostile an environment LP Field is. The fact of the matter is, it's not. It's practically been an extra home game for both teams I have mentioned.
Titanium

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game and the KC game were shocking to me. The # of niner fans being shown on TV was crazy.

The team is good this year, not sure why the fans aren't packing the stadium. (I don't live in TN otherwise I'd be there Sad).
lamont

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the telecast came on I saw all the red in the stands it was disgusting. However the season ticket holders are selling their tickets for a profit, what can the average joe fan do about that? Fox kept showing 9er fans the whole game and the commentators spent the 2nd half being the travel agents for the London game. I thought that was a slap in the face. Glad I have Sunday ticket so I could watch the game mix and not listen to them after awhile and just watch the game.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Ockham

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They jack up season ticket prices in a bad economy; people can't afford it, and sell a few tix to help defer cost of others. Winning will solve problem, but it is chicken and egg.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
When the telecast came on I saw all the red in the stands it was disgusting. However the season ticket holders are selling their tickets for a profit, what can the average joe fan do about that? Fox kept showing 9er fans the whole game and the commentators spent the 2nd half being the travel agents for the London game. I thought that was a slap in the face. Glad I have Sunday ticket so I could watch the game mix and not listen to them after awhile and just watch the game.

I blame the people covering the game for that crap. Half of the broadcast Fox seemed intentn on showing each and every Niner Fan they could get their camera on.
Wyatt on Twitter loves to point out when there are even a good handful of opposing fans in the stadium.

It happens. When a "popular" team comes into a stadium, that is winning, their fans are going to show up. You think we will be "over-run" by Jags fans when the come to town? or Rams Fans (even though we go there) but you get the point.

We play an undefeated Chiefs, a background rich Niner team or a team like the Steelers and people are surprised to see other fans at the game?

Does anyone remember when the Cowboys played and you heard the "MOOOOOSEE" cheer whenever Johnston got the ball on the road? It happens.

I just hate that they try to paint our fanbase as something more than it is...

When we win consistently, you will see majority Titans fans. But when we do what we did yesterday and not put any confidence in fanbase you will see them waffle about going to the games.

Last night, I saw a good number of Broncos jerseys in the crowd, but NBC wasn't jumping over themselves to show every last one when they got the chance.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as the tickets continue being sold, it may not be a problem... but I wonder, with the passing of Bud this morning, if things will change quickly.

Will the family be keeping the team, or will they be selling in the coming years? If sold, do the new owners want to tap into a bigger market? Ticket sales isn't the only number affecting the bottom line. Merch can be a huge boost. If opposing fans are taking over stadiums, its unlikely they're purchasing too much Titans gear in the stadium...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The team isn't going to move anytime soon. They're contracted through 2028, and the agreement is locktight. To buyout the contract they'd be required to pay Tennessee for the LP field construction costs. So we'd get our money back plus a free stadium.

That said, what non-NFL market is there that's larger than Nashville outside Los Angeles? And they've had an NFL franchise twice and still failed to support it.
TiTaN NaTioN!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Home-field advantage.. Reply with quote

T1TANS f4n LIFE wrote:
... Is non-existent for Tennessee this year. I've been to two home games this year (KC, 49ers) and I'm sad to day that the opposing teams fans each time have been just as loud if not louder than Titans fans and it is straight up embarrassing. I felt so bad for the team when the stadium was 3/4 empty mid way through the 3rd quarter with "Let's go 9ers!" booming through the air while we were on offense. Same deal with KC. I heard the Braves chant loudly throughout the game.

Is our fan base really becoming this weak and impatient? I actually had 6-8 people around me leave at halftime. HALFTIME. I don't recall it ever being this bad at the stadium.

I always watch opposing player interviews and they always talk about how hostile an environment LP Field is. The fact of the matter is, it's not. It's practically been an extra home game for both teams I have mentioned.

I think it has to do with the crap they put on the field the last couple of years. Titans fans don't want to go, much less stay at a game where their team is absolutely getting destroyed. And like someone else said, with the 49ers' rich history and recent success no wonder there were quite of few in the stands.
PSN: J-SLeeZY87
Brit_Titan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being English and also being a large 'Soccer' supporter, home field advantage is often referred too as being a teams fortress.

Loud and almost scary for opposing teams to step into, having watched every Titans game for the last few years I have to say this year the stadium does sound terribly quiet. Like many have stated I'm sure the broadcaster is partly to blame but it still does sound empty at times.

Those who live in Nashville, sing for those who can't be there.

Make us proud Cool

Made by me.

My Gallery
Titansfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was disgusting how many empty seats there were early on in the third quarter. I was watching the game with my dad and he agreed.

I could understand (nearly) if we were a team getting blown out week in week out but we aren't.

This is a pretty decent football team we have here, especially compared to some of the ones I've seen in the past.

Props to JammerHammer on the awesome sig!
Kookie23

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one believes in a team that doesn't win.
Titansfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kookie23 wrote:
No one believes in a team that doesn't win.

Except this team has already won three games this season so you're theory is doomed from the get go...

Last time I checked there was only one team that hasn't won and it's not the Titans.

As for your comment it still doesn't justify fans leaving extremely early on in a game.

Props to JammerHammer on the awesome sig!
TitanSS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't live in Tennessee but I'll be in St. Louis next weekend in baby blue if it makes you all feel any better.
Coolconman1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brit_Titan wrote:
Being English and also being a large 'Soccer' supporter, home field advantage is often referred too as being a teams fortress.

Loud and almost scary for opposing teams to step into, having watched every Titans game for the last few years I have to say this year the stadium does sound terribly quiet. Like many have stated I'm sure the broadcaster is partly to blame but it still does sound empty at times.

Those who live in Nashville, sing for those who can't be there.

Make us proud Cool

Exactly. American football fans are weak and not dedicated in comparison to European football fans. In Europe, people support their teams even through relegation to lower leagues, droughts, and such. In America, fans simply lose interest, the media shuns them, and a vicious cycle is created.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This team needs a hot streak bad, jakes gonna be 100 and I think there gonna try to get Cj In space plus our rook center swink should have plenty of reps in practice... The key is the run game plain and simple if get that goin where gonna be hard to stop...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: