Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 8: Dolphins @ Patriots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

These dolphins fans are just too good

I'd be frustrated too. Their season started with a lot of promise and they've come back to reality. As with every year, it's wait til next year in Miami. I'm sure it especially stinks in a year when the Pats look very vulnerable.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
Everybody except Pats fans know refs favor NE. You'll never convince them, might as well let it go.

Once Belicheat and Golden Boy retire they'll come and join us in mediocrity.

I think (hope) this is sarcasm. If not, I don't think anything good will come of continuing this.

cddolphin wrote:
might as well let it go

This is like when someone says "no offense", then proceeds to say something terribly offensive. Wouldn't mind seeing these clowns banned.

But it doesn't count since I said no offense!!!!1!!1!

Best let sour grapes be sour grapes.

Deadpulse on the sig
Pats#1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:

I'd be frustrated too. Their season started with a lot of promise and they've come back to reality. As with every year, it's wait til next year in Miami. I'm sure it especially stinks in a year when the Pats look very vulnerable.

Its all the refs fault Mc.....if it werent for them the Pats would suck the past 12 years.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
The bitterness in the NFL Gen "Were the Pats Robbed?" thread is hilarious....posters are literally arguing against their earlier posts because the same scenario happened this week, except the Pats won. Laughing
And now you know why I don't go into NFL Gen anymore.

I should have known better than to not make the thread. However, I thought about the league-wide barrings it had on the league and I decided it was worth discussing. I should have known better..
Forced Fumbles:1
PDs2:
INTs:1
Pick 6s:
Pats#1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
The bitterness in the NFL Gen "Were the Pats Robbed?" thread is hilarious....posters are literally arguing against their earlier posts because the same scenario happened this week, except the Pats won. Laughing
And now you know why I don't go into NFL Gen anymore.

I should have known better than to not make the thread. However, I thought about the league-wide barrings it had on the league and I decided it was worth discussing. I should have known better..

You worded the thread title wrong...other than that, I had fun in it Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lemmiwinks wrote:
Donut wrote:
Lemmiwinks wrote:
Donut wrote:
Sciz wrote:
Lemmiwinks wrote:
Dolphins fan here, I am not here to attack or antagonize anybody here. I want to see if there are any Patriots fans man enough to admit. We got screwed. The officials gave you the game.
If you are looking for sympathy, you're looking in the wrong place.

Dolphins forum he has a nice rant about how we cheat every week. Laughing

Every week? I think I have about 70 posts in 3 years but somehow I rant about how you cheat every week? by the way, you do cheat and were caught doing so, but back to topic, I go on every week and rant? Regardless, I was curious if a single 1 Patriots "fan" would admit and say yeah, those calls were bad and helped us win. To nobody's surprise that didn't happen. I guess "fans" who leave in the 4th quarter every time you trail couldn't possibly admit something like that, afterall, most Patriots fans have been fans for almost 10 years now.

Lemmiwinks wrote:
I've gotta say it. This league is completely and entirely fixed. The officials are crooked and the Patriots are dirty cheaters. I live in Mass and they are on TV every week and week in and week out I watch them cheat to win. I have no doubt in my mind that somebody will come out in 5-10 years and admit that they fixed the games for them. We were the better team today but were raped by bogus calls to allow the Patriots to win at home. It starts at the top and that means Roger Goodell, he is a criminal from the burning of evidence to the new rules implemented to benefit the Patriots. If people want to be naive and disagree, then fine. This game was a fix and we were screwed. period.

So yeah. You claim we cheat every week.

We smacked down a mediocre Lolphin team in the 2nd half. Their were some awful calls both sides and we benefited but won regardless. The Gronk PI was bad but so was the hold. You can be bitter all you want.

You said I go on the forums every week and go on a rant, don't try to backtrack. And the person who says I'm just annoyed, you're right. It's difficult to be civil to opposing fans after a tough loss and this was our season, a huge game for us. Honestly, I wasn't trying to antagonize but was hoping someone would be objective and say
yeah, we were helped by the officials." With the game more in the rearview mirror now and after the initial adrenaline dump, it's easier to think more clearly. If the roles were switched I don't know if I'd see it the same way. I wouldn't deny it and blame last week which guess what? that was the right call. The fumble the pass interference the bad spotting of the ball the defensive holding to name just a few were not and it's hard to accept that. You say we are a lousy team and I say this lousy team was handling you easily until the calls started. Now, perhaps I went overboard and am man enough to admit that and apologize for sounding bitter. And to the person saying I can't be more than 10, i'm 27 and a board certified behavior analyst. I with withdraw my question about people admitting the refs helped you...again and will just let it go as typical.

I'm not back tracking I'd say you go on a rant, about how we cheat, every week. W/o those commas it's saying how you say that the Patriots cheat every week meaning the team is cheating weekly. That's not backtracking that's you not being able to understand what is being posted.
When everyone last week was saying the call was right and refs don't screw teams over the rightful team won the Patriots should've scored more well same exact argument back at you other teams but in this case not applicable. Gronk PI was a bad call imo. but the holding on Gronk TD was also a bad call. In general the refs did a poor job but bad calls for both teams but it didn't have that big enough impact on the game one team got screwed. i'm just pointing out the inconsistency.

We were playing terribly and after the half your team decided to try and run less pass more and was just dominated and Patriots OL started playing better and everything came together and controlled and won the game.
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:

Lolphins were pretenders this shouldn't be that surprising to them. Wink
Joe Kendo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
Everybody except Pats fans know refs favor NE. You'll never convince them, might as well let it go.

You and your friend Lemmiwinks sound like bitter crybabies, and I'm going to enjoy every Dolphins loss even more from now on.

No offense. Might as well let it go.
GoldenboyGB

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:
cddolphin wrote:

I think (hope) this is sarcasm. If not, I don't think anything good will come of continuing this.

cddolphin wrote:
might as well let it go

>goes into rivals forum
>calls coach a cheat
>might as well let it go
>BUT FIRST let me throw a couple rocks at your face

Enjoy the L this week and the upcoming one on Thursday.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need more Logan Ryan, Ridley and I need the offensive line to play the way they were in the second half compared to the first but that can be put more on mcdaniels and co for play calling and rhythm.

I did not understand today why we just totally went to gronk first half and just not focusing on Ridley and his talents. Whenever he gets in the game it's obvious he's the best back we have.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The top 6 teams in opponent passer rating:

1. Seattle [66.1]
2. Kansas City [70.0]
3. New England [70.6]
4. San Francisco [75.3]
5. New Orleans [76.3]
6. Indianapolis [78.5]

those teams are a combined 37-8

One of those numbers that matters a lot more than one would think.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ All those teams there have been mentioned as playoff teams and built for runs. One team seems to be missing from that list of opponent passer rating teams that a lot assume to be the front runner in one conference as far as built to win.

AAP-Chandler Jones-12 tkls, 2 sax, 1 FF & 1 TD
Wk 2 AFC POTW
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's close this thread out on a high

Deadpulse on the sig
Sciz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking back, I don't even think the defensive holding call was terrible in real time. Dobson pretty clearly slipped trying to make a cut, but when you're holding onto the receiver's jersey as he falls to the ground, that's always going to look like you did something to him. The five yard contact zone doesn't apply when the ref thinks you pulled a guy down by his jersey. And even then, the only difference between what would have happened and what did happen is that Gostkowski got to kick a 48 yarder instead of 53. The way he's been kicking this year, that call didn't make any difference.

The PI that led to the early field goal, sure. There's a field goal difference. The batted fumble was absolutely the right call. I don't even think it needs to be as complicated as people are making it. The defender swung at it and hit it forward. That's batting it. The rule doesn't say anything about it having to be intentional.

Between the two iffy calls, we're talking at most a 6 point swing, and more than likely 3 given Gostkowski's stellar kicking. Now maybe if the Dolphins would have made their two kicks (the miss and the block), then they'd be able to complain about an iffy 3-6 points in a four point game. Given the end result? I see no room for complaints except about how terrible their own team was in the second half.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thephinsider.com/2013/10/27/5035336/dolphins-vs-patriots-final-score-miami-17-patriots-27

This article is just too damn good....my buddy who lives in Florida sent it to me. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
http://www.thephinsider.com/2013/10/27/5035336/dolphins-vs-patriots-final-score-miami-17-patriots-27

This article is just too damn good....my buddy who lives in Florida sent it to me. Laughing

Laughing Laughing I love that they use perreira as the authority for the DPI, but claim the batted fumble was a bad call, which perreira tweeted he thought was the right call

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 30 of 32

Jump to: