Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 8: Dolphins @ Patriots
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pats#1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Week 8: Dolphins @ Patriots Reply with quote

Alright guys....first GDT ever for me, lets see how it goes.

Weather is looking like a pretty nice day. Partly cloudy with slight chance of rain, in the mid 50s.

Nothing special here....just a good ole GDT starting post.

But for good measure:

Sig credit: Deadpulse
Donut

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xQmsBEpDoAg#t=14 (NSFW)

This is a must win after the atrocious and embarrassing loss.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xQmsBEpDoAg#t=14

This is a must win after the atrocious and embarrassing loss.

Laughing Why have I never seen that before???

This is definitely a big game. Need to get a W here to stay on top of the division.

I just want to get through the next two weeks with wins and go into the bye as healthy as possible. Miami has lost three in a row and will surely be playing with desperation.

Gronk looked good (minus that one dropped walk in TD reception Crying or Very sad ) this week in his first game back. I can only imagine he will progress over the next 2-3 weeks playing live games.

Not sure of the status with Amendola...but at this point I think it would be better to let him rest another week straight if his groin is still healing. It was very obvious he was playing hurt last week, just didn't have that quickness/agility.

I honestly can't think of much to say about Brady and the rookie WRs. Both are making their fair share of boneheaded plays, so at this point I can only hope that they improve gradually working with one another throughout the season.

As far as defense goes....losing Mayo's coverage ability is really hurting this squad. Hightower just looked lost out there and we all know Spikes is actually more harm than good in coverage a lot of the time. That combined with no big presence on the interior DL is going to be their biggest challenge. Once Talib gets back I'm sure things will look better, but the lack of coverage ability with our LBs is really scary.

Overall I think the Pats should win this game, in another ugly close one that leads to three more Brady threads in NFL Gen.

Then again, I thought the Pats should win the Jets game too.

derekstanggt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Talib is back for this game. The loss of Wilfork, Kelly, and Mayo are huge, but I think the loss of Talib was just too much to overcome. I know Wallace hasn't been having a good year, but he could kill the Pats D without Talib.

It'd be nice to have Amendola back too, but if he's isn't 100%, let him rest. Gronk will only get better with more time back, and hopefully Dobson and/or Thomkins have a decent game. The offense needs to get the run game going too with Ridley. I'm pretty sick of seeing Bolden get the start, and Blount come in. Ridley is by far and away the best RB on the team, and needs to carry the ball 15+ times a game, or else Brady's PA and the pass game suffers.

Without Talib - Pats win 28-27

With Talib - Pats win 28-20

Yes, I think he makes that big of a difference.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Mayo was just as or a bigger loss to the Patriots D this week. He is clearly our best coverage linebacker and that was a place the Jet's exposed us this week.

Sigs-Taking Requests
derekstanggt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
I think Mayo was just as or a bigger loss to the Patriots D this week. He is clearly our best coverage linebacker and that was a place the Jet's exposed us this week.

Yes, very true. Mayo is a big loss. But if Talib had played, I would think Arrington could have covered Cumberland instead of Kerly.

I was curious also, why Hightower seemed to be in coverage more over Collins. Collins is obviously the more athletic LB, and thought he should have been spying the TE/RB. I still think Collins is being vastly underutilized.
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

derekstanggt wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:

Yes, very true. Mayo is a big loss. But if Talib had played, I would think Arrington could have covered Cumberland instead of Kerly.

I was curious also, why Hightower seemed to be in coverage more over Collins. Collins is obviously the more athletic LB, and thought he should have been spying the TE/RB. I still think Collins is being vastly underutilized.

Because we play a lot of nickel with two linebackers, presumably Spikes is needed to shore up the run with Wilfork out and Hightower has taken on the mic duties with Mayo out. I might be wrong, but I didn't notice Collins in on our 3-4 sets - in fact, I barely noticed he was playing at all.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
derekstanggt wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:

Because we play a lot of nickel with two linebackers, presumably Spikes is needed to shore up the run with Wilfork out and Hightower has taken on the mic duties with Mayo out. I might be wrong, but I didn't notice Collins in on our 3-4 sets - in fact, I barely noticed he was playing at all.

^^The bolded. The man was a ghost. He has plenty of raw potential but it's still all raw and hasn't even been flipped yet so we can see some of what the finished product will look like. (Hamburger grilling metaphor, haven't had lunch yet)

Sigs-Taking Requests
derekstanggt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
derekstanggt wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:

^^The bolded. The man was a ghost. He has plenty of raw potential but it's still all raw and hasn't even been flipped yet so we can see some of what the finished product will look like. (Hamburger grilling metaphor, haven't had lunch yet)

I just saw the defensive snap counts, and Collins was only on for 15/92 snaps, hence the reason we didn't ever see him. I'm very concerned about the D moving forward.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

derekstanggt wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
derekstanggt wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:

I just saw the defensive snap counts, and Collins was only on for 15/92 snaps, hence the reason we didn't ever see him. I'm very concerned about the D moving forward.

Defense is definitely worrying me as well. Who knows how T. Kelly is doing and what he will be like when he gets back. Teams are going to exploit the void at interior DL every week if the Pats can't figure something out.

I didn't think losing Mayo would be as big as others though, but boy was I wrong. I really took his coverage skills for granted. The LBs look lost out there trying to cover, its painful to watch.

I hope BB has something in the works because the Pats can't expect to go very far with the offense the way it is (and even if it gets better) paired with the defense in the state its in now.

Remember when preseason ended how we were all talking about how the Pats got out of that injury fest fairly unscathed...ugh.

Dalton

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jets game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX4ox7aX_wc
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1. Patriots top draft choice Jamie Collins only played 15 defensive snaps, which included the first three of the game. Here was what we saw: 1) A blitz off the defensive right side in which he had a pretty solid outside speed rush on left tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson; 2) Playing on the line of scrimmage in a two-point stance and setting a fairly solid right edge against Ferguson to keep running back Bilal Powell hemmed inside on a 0-yard gain; 3) A stunt with Chandler Jones in which he lost his footing while looping inside but stayed with it to contribute to forcing an incomplete pass. What stood out with Collins on those plays was that he was playing on the end of the line, which was a bit different from the off-the-line role we had mostly seen in his 52 defensive snaps in the first six games of the season. He blitzed again later in the drive, this time from the defensive left side, and again he was close to disrupting the play.

TGShabba

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talib and Amendola practicing. Still no Kelly, though.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that Dola is at practice is huge for a concussion. He will probably be good to go Sunday

Sigs-Taking Requests
Pats#1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
The fact that Dola is at practice is huge for a concussion. He will probably be good to go Sunday

Until he gets hit.

The injuries are crazy with this guy, because none of them are related to one another. He isn't injury prone in the sense he has an issue that continues to bother him, he's just the unluckiest guy I've seen when it comes to injuries.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 1 of 32

Jump to: