Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 8 @ Detroit: Time to get on a roll
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HDsportsfan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
and here, lets top off the loss with this

Quote:
Dallas Cowboys guard Brian Waters is dealing with knee, rib and triceps injuries and wonít know the extent of them until Monday. That's when he's scheduled to undergo MRIs, but itís not looking too promising for the 36-year-old who returned to football earlier this season after taking 2012 off.

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2013/10/cowboys-guard-brian-waters-dealing-with-three-injuries-which-could-keep-him-out.html#storylink=cpy

Didn't seem like Burningdeuce did that bad when he came in for him.

It was only for a few plays I thought. I'm not sure you/we could have noticed the difference either way. The line really didn't play that well.

------------------------------------------------------
canadaluvsdalla

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This team is a utter joke. They don't want it. The players don't want it.

The only one who wanted it bad today was Dez and he gets called a cancer.

No heart at all . None

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.
Superfluous

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GEE MEN wrote:
artfuldodger wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
Can somebody explain what happened? Dallas was up by two scores.
Super conservative playcalling on our final two drives set it up to where the Lions needed a TD to win with no timeouts, and they pulled it off basically.

Whether perception or reality this is about trust Conservative because they didn't want to put Romo in a position to lose the game with a late game INT. It's a damn if you do damn if you don't situation. Hard to blame the coaches. You expect the D to stop them but if you don't trust the QB late in the game you pick your poison on risk.

You do realize that barring that penalty, running the ball three straight times would give them the ball with like 20-30 seconds left.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

even with the hold, we had huge chance of winning. Scandrick's failure to contain WR in bounds made whole game change from >90% Cowboys to >80% Lions in one fell swoop

Last edited by Dirk Gently on Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheGame316

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="canadaluvsdalla"]This team is a utter joke. They don't want it. The players don't want it.

No heart at all . None[/quote

x 1000000]
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:

No heart at all . None

Thanks for the new sig

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
even with the hold, we had huge chance of winning. Scandrick's failure to contain WR in bounds made whole game change from >90% Cowboys to >80% Lions in one fell swoop

But yet when I said Scandrick needs to be cut during the Redskin game everyone here thought it was crazy.

I said it in chatzy earlier and I'll say it again. When you need Scandrick to come through in a big way for you, he fails. He's been doing it since the Steve Smith - Giant days

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never been down on scandrick, but he botched this one big time. /He cannot allow the outside release there. ever.
cromagnum

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure which loss is worse this one or the last time they collapsed against the Lions. Same old Cowboys who will never win anything with this group as they have perfected the finding a way to lose mentality. Sad
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cromagnum wrote:
Not sure which loss is worse this one or the last time they collapsed against the Lions. Same old Cowboys who will never win anything with this group as they have perfected the finding a way to lose mentality. Sad

The Jason Garrett lead cowboys have made an art of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I can't quite think of another coach who has lost so many games like this in such as short tenure.
acowboys62

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
cromagnum wrote:

The Jason Garrett lead cowboys have made an art of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I can't quite think of another coach who has lost so many games like this in such as short tenure.

I saw a tweet today it read "Since 2010 only the Dolphins (13) have lost more games by 3 points or less than the Cowboys (11)."
GEE MEN

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:

No heart at all . None

From an outside observer I am surprised that no one has called out the root of the problem. And it's existed for many years. What Dez did was not heroic...no it wasn't fire..it wasn't leadership... It was what is always is. Selfish. Now many can buy the excuse or party line that he's this great competitor that saw his TEAM lose a game that they should have won. BALONEY. He was selfish. PERIOD. He thought he was competing with Calvin Johnson and needed to best him. He was angry that he did not get enough touches and Johnson had an unbelievable game. And he didn't "match" or best Johnson. That was his problem. Let's call it for what it is. So what is the root of the problem? YES, Jerry Jones. why? Because instead of a Mike Singletary moment when he calls out Vernon Davis and sends him to the showers for being selfish Jones excuses the TO-like temper tantrum selfish display of ME-Shawn ball that will continue to keep the team down. And says he's a "competitor". Dez should be benched and shown that you don't disrespect the QB, your HOF TE and embarrass the organization on the sideline. Now some of you will simply say i'm trolling or hating but deep down by any objective view what Dez displayed was immaturity and the owner excuses it. It's a culture...a bad culture. Change the names, TO, Dez bryant....who cares... I mean your HOF TE is yelling at DEZ saying go away...go away... basically go take a shower and the owner turns around and says he's a fiery competitor. Witten is the only guy on that team that understands what it is to be a winner (and perhaps Lee).

DEZ is a talented kid for sure. But until adults start running the organization (IE Jerry cedes control) the Cowboys will continue to break your hearts.

Desperado82 wrote:
I will never defend Romo again. I'm done. We may only have a shot at the playoffs or what have you because of him, but he will NEVER put us over the hump.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GEE MEN wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:

No heart at all . None

From an outside observer I am surprised that no one has called out the root of the problem. And it's existed for many years. What Dez did was not heroic...no it wasn't fire..it wasn't leadership... It was what is always is. Selfish. Now many can buy the excuse or party line that he's this great competitor that saw his TEAM lose a game that they should have won. BALONEY. He was selfish. PERIOD. He thought he was competing with Calvin Johnson and needed to best him. He was angry that he did not get enough touches and Johnson had an unbelievable game. And he didn't "match" or best Johnson. That was his problem. Let's call it for what it is. So what is the root of the problem? YES, Jerry Jones. why? Because instead of a Mike Singletary moment when he calls out Vernon Davis and sends him to the showers for being selfish Jones excuses the TO-like temper tantrum selfish display of ME-Shawn ball that will continue to keep the team down. And says he's a "competitor". Dez should be benched and shown that you don't disrespect the QB, your HOF TE and embarrass the organization on the sideline. Now some of you will simply say i'm trolling or hating but deep down by any objective view what Dez displayed was immaturity and the owner excuses it. It's a culture...a bad culture. Change the names, TO, Dez bryant....who cares...

DEZ is a talented kid for sure. But until adults start running the organization (IE Jerry cedes control) the Cowboys will continue to break your hearts.

2 points:

1. Dallas offense actually started to show life AFTER Dez got vocal on the sideline in the third quarter. Whatever Dez did or said, it worked. Granted, the tantrum at the end of the game wasn't necessary but I truly wish the rest of the team hated losing as much as Dez does.

2. Regarding Jerry Jones, you're right to a certain extent. Dallas certainly needs a dynamic coach to overshadow the meddling owner. No doubt about it. It's been done in the past. Unfortunately, it likely won't happen again until Jerry decides that he hates losing to the point where he hires a coach with a strong personality who imposes his will on the players.
GEE MEN

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
GEE MEN wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:

No heart at all . None

From an outside observer I am surprised that no one has called out the root of the problem. And it's existed for many years. What Dez did was not heroic...no it wasn't fire..it wasn't leadership... It was what is always is. Selfish. Now many can buy the excuse or party line that he's this great competitor that saw his TEAM lose a game that they should have won. BALONEY. He was selfish. PERIOD. He thought he was competing with Calvin Johnson and needed to best him. He was angry that he did not get enough touches and Johnson had an unbelievable game. And he didn't "match" or best Johnson. That was his problem. Let's call it for what it is. So what is the root of the problem? YES, Jerry Jones. why? Because instead of a Mike Singletary moment when he calls out Vernon Davis and sends him to the showers for being selfish Jones excuses the TO-like temper tantrum selfish display of ME-Shawn ball that will continue to keep the team down. And says he's a "competitor". Dez should be benched and shown that you don't disrespect the QB, your HOF TE and embarrass the organization on the sideline. Now some of you will simply say i'm trolling or hating but deep down by any objective view what Dez displayed was immaturity and the owner excuses it. It's a culture...a bad culture. Change the names, TO, Dez bryant....who cares...

2 points:

1. Dallas offense actually started to show life AFTER Dez got vocal on the sideline in the third quarter. Whatever Dez did or said, it worked. Granted, the tantrum at the end of the game wasn't necessary but I truly wish the rest of the team hated losing as much as Dez does.

2. Regarding Jerry Jones, you're right to a certain extent. Dallas certainly needs a dynamic coach to overshadow the meddling owner. No doubt about it. It's been done in the past. Unfortunately, it likely won't happen again until Jerry decides that he hates losing to the point where he hires a coach with a strong personality who imposes his will on the players.

On point 1, I don't disagree with you Slam...but that's a short-term shot in the arm. It still perpetuates a bad culture. T.O. use to scream at Romo that way and what happened? Romo started to press to get T.O. the ball and when you force bad things happen. Randy Moss use to do the same thing. It's a cancer. Give me 1 Jason Witten over 53 Dez Bryants all day. As much as I dislike the Cowboys, it will be a sad day when Witten retires without a ring. The only other time I felt that way about a rival player was when Brian Dawkins retired. Remember, Dawkins hated to lose too and nobody can say that anyone had more fire and emotion than Dawkins...but he cared about the team...not ME ME ME. The irony? Back when T.O. did it I called it out and said it was a cancer...and I was called a hater.... a troller...that T.O. was displaying "passion" and pushing Romo. A year later many of the same posters that called me a hater were calling for T.Os head and calling him a cancer. Don't mistake passion and competitor for selfishness. Now DEZ can mature. Vernon Davis did. But an adult needs to take control of the situation and not praise DEZ for embarrassing himself, his QB, his HOF TE and the team.

Desperado82 wrote:
I will never defend Romo again. I'm done. We may only have a shot at the playoffs or what have you because of him, but he will NEVER put us over the hump.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I'm rewatching the game. On calvins huge slant in the first quarter, he gets chased down by heath AFTER heath leap frogs someone and starts from 5 yards behind. Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 34 of 35

Jump to: