Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 8 @ Detroit: Time to get on a roll
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: GDT Week 8 @ Detroit: Time to get on a roll Reply with quote

4-3 Dallas

vs. 4-3 Detroit

The team is playing like a team. We just beat division foes by 2 TD back to back and finally won a road game.

Next week is a big challenge, but winnable, at the Lions. San Diego was the first game of this type, this one is the last. Our last chance to gain some real momentum and turn upfield for a serious playoff run.

Note, I am not saying we don't make the playoffs with a loss here. We just took a very strong lead in the division race and, while the team could collapse, it'd pretty much take that, or a Romo injury, to cost us the division at this point. (yes, I am knocking on wood as I type this).

But this game could be huge. Winning on the road against a good opponent after a 3-0 run through the division is just what this team needs to start believing in itself. Garrett has them playing hard, but to take the final step, the team has to will itself out of the .500 doldrums and step up and take a game because they want to be better than that. They need to know that they can go on a streak and win against good competition in their space. If they do, I think they beat the vikes at home and that brings us to New Orleans at 6-3.

Now, winning in the Superdome is one of the tougher feats in sports. That's why we have to start by doing it against the Lions. But armed with the confidence that back to back road wins against dangerous opponents can give, we'll give them all they want. And if we win, that has us staring straight down the barrel of a first round bye, at worst one game behind New Orleans, with a tie breaker. (and NO has games against the 9ers and @Sea to go)

But it has to start this week... and this is the last chance to build that kind of roll.

If this team is going to take the next step... something more than winning a weak division and hoping to get hot in the playoffs... they need to do it, now. There will be no second chance this time. New Orleans and Green bay are looming too close.

Are we up to the challenge of Megatron and Bush?

Sig Bet Participants:

Dallas
Slam
CT
DE53
TO7
D82
NoFlyZone
Ace5
AC62
Retrolock
Dirk
GeneralDisarray

Detroit
DP26
StaffLegend
SuhP
LFTW

Let me know as I need to add names.

Last edited by Dirk Gently on Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:30 am; edited 4 times in total
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll definitely be interested to see how the team shows up next week. Detroit has had our number the last few years and I'd love to see us start putting together wins.

^^^mack
Fat_tonle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboys fans thinking bye week are on Koolade, it's that simple. I understand it's mathematically possible, but seriously?

This is a ten win team tops and Deteoit could very well beat us 31 17 next week. They will be favored.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as was San Diego, I think. If the team is going to be something more than "the team that got into the playoffs because someone had to win the division" is has to happen next week.

If it *does* happen next week, the team will take off and finish 11-5 or better... but more importantly they will beat the Vikes and go into the Saints 6-3 and that game will have bye-week implications.

If they go up and get beat 31-17, as could well happen, then we're back to 10-6/9-7 and backing into the playoffs because someone has to be the tallest midget.
Fat_tonle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless they run the table through the Saints game, this will be considered the "default" division winner should they not collapse.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soo...is this the GDT for next week? Cool

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's pretty much what I'm saying... and if they're going to have a shot at the Saints, they need to beat Detroit.
BloodOps

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, this is the best time for us to get on a roll.

Back to back road wins against division foes are tough in this league, throw records out the window when playing in your divisions, especially in the NFC East, I'm really proud of what they've accomplished. They were sloppy games but we did it.

Getting Murray back next week would be huge, we need a running game and it was obvious this afternoon, I don't expect Ware until we play Minnesota so it would a plus if he actually suited up against Detroit.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To beat Detroit, I think we all understand what needs to be done... Sig bet with Lions forum.
CT Cowboy Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
To beat Detroit, I think we all understand what needs to be done... Sig bet with Lions forum.

^^ I came here to say this. I believe we are 4-0 in sig games and 0-3 in non sig games. Soooo, let's go to the kitty cat forum and talk some smack n get this sig bet goin!

Maybe we should make their GDT like we did for the Rams?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lions game worries me because as someone else said the Lions have had our number and will be favoured.

Not to rain on the parade but someone needs to say this re yesterday's game. If Foles is capable of throwing an accurate pass then the game would have been a lot tighter. He missed a lot of wide open receivers. But it is what it is. We won a division road game and are 3-0 in the division.
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CT Cowboy Fan wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

^^ I came here to say this. I believe we are 4-0 in sig games and 0-3 in non sig games. Soooo, let's go to the kitty cat forum and talk some smack n get this sig bet goin!

Maybe we should make their GDT like we did for the Rams?

Let's not, they didnt even use it and if someone put a GDT here, there would be so much crying on about it. That said, A win ober the Lions would be huge for this team! 3 game win streak and build some confidence moving forward!
ThePlaymaker86

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The opportunity is there to go on a little win streak. At Detroit will be a tough game, so I hope we come out bust them in the mouth, we owe Schwartz and those guys an [inappropriate/removed] whooping.

I hope that we open up the offense and that our struggles the last two weeks were due to playing division rivals. Our Oline vs their Dline is going to be a battle.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could go 5-1 in our next 6 games.

Probably go 4-2 or 3-3 though. Mad
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
We could go 5-1 in our next 6 games.

Probably go 4-2 or 3-3 though. Mad

to be better than 3-3, we need to win this week.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 1 of 35

Jump to: