Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darius Reynaud Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Titanium

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We cut Reynaud?

Are we nuts... season is in the toilet now. Sad

Wink
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This move highlights one of two personnel mistakes that have cost the team greatly in the first half of the year. Obviously letting Velasco go for Turner proved to be an utterly stupid move. However putting Marc Mariani on season ending IR without the designation for return has proven to be detrimental as well. Had they designated him for return or put him on PUP they would have had him back for the Rams game. As is, we'll have to hope Williams can hold down the spot.

As for Campbell, I don't think he's agile enough to be a return man. He has tons of speed, but I think its mostly straight line speed.

Also very impressed with the FO and coaching staffs willingness to make changes mid season. Fisher would have started Reynaud and turner for the rest of the year and had their contracts extended.

**RIP Steve McNair**
lamont

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
This move highlights one of two personnel mistakes that have cost the team greatly in the first half of the year. Obviously letting Velasco go for Turner proved to be an utterly stupid move. However putting Marc Mariani on season ending IR without the designation for return has proven to be detrimental as well. Had they designated him for return or put him on PUP they would have had him back for the Rams game. As is, we'll have to hope Williams can hold down the spot.

As for Campbell, I don't think he's agile enough to be a return man. He has tons of speed, but I think its mostly straight line speed.

Also very impressed with the FO and coaching staffs willingness to make changes mid season. Fisher would have started Reynaud and turner for the rest of the year and had their contracts extended.

I thought about that yesterday during the game. I bet Mariani was like ...

You put me on season ending IR for this crap?

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:
@jwyattsports: The #Titans have released return man Darius Reynaud, per sources.

That didn't take long. Laughing Wonder who takes over. Williams or Wooten?

Gotta give it to the staff. Having the mojo to make the move. I think we got use to the old days of Fisher and not making changes until too late.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad the coaches and FO manned up and did what had to be done. No offense to the guy as a person, but he just doesn't cut it in terms of football IQ or ability.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
therealdeal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Glad the coaches and FO manned up and did what had to be done. No offense to the guy as a person, but he just doesn't cut it in terms of football IQ or ability.

Ability.. I thought he would show at times... Not saying it was superstar...

But.. His decision making hindered any ability he had.. imo
-Hope-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:
@jwyattsports: The #Titans have released return man Darius Reynaud, per sources.

Gotta give it to the staff. Having the mojo to make the move. I think we got use to the old days of Fisher and not making changes until too late.

It already is too late. 6 weeks of Reynaud being awful is way too many.

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:

It already is too late. 6 weeks of Reynaud being awful is way too many.

Yeah, I think after the Chiefs game is when I would have made the change.
Yesterday he "Mouton'd" it up.....
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

Ability.. I thought he would show at times... Not saying it was superstar...

But.. His decision making hindered any ability he had.. imo

Not just your opinion, mine too. I was griping about that several time during the game. At times, he was calling fair catches too soon IMO when he still had room to work with. And the one time he does try to make something happen, in a crucial moment, he muffs it and gives up a TD. That killed any momentum that we thought we were building. Plus his returns have been merely "OK" at best all season.
Here's a thought...With Reynaud now gone, Williams can take over returns, and we can bring Preston back from the PS.

titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good. All I want is a returner that displays some level of common sense. One that doesn't terrify me every time we are receiving a kickoff or a punt.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 12 receptions, 237 yards, 1 touchdown
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:

I can't blame the FO for reserving the designated to return spot for a more valuable position if it was needed. Obviously at this point it would be valuable to have done that, but there was no way to know if someone at a more important position would be injured in the early part of the season.

I agree with trd. Reynaud has some talent for returning, but he just doesn't have the IQ to deserve the right to show what talent he has. You can't cripple a team the way he has this season and stick around.

I hope Damian is up to the task. He was beat out by Mariani and Reynaud earlier in his career so I'm keeping expectations low at this point. Although just being able to know when to catch the ball and let it go at this point would be a tremendous help.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:

On a side note, that whole Campbell thing bothers me. What does that say about his ability to play DB? If his agility is limited, then he has problems changing direction. That's kind of a big deal when you're trying to play pass coverage.

And yes, I'm really loving the FO and their willing to cut or demote players who are hurting the team instead of letting them linger on. I think Munchak at least tries to give guys a fair amount of time to work it out and get it together before he ultimately pulls the plug. Kudos to him for that.

VY-FTW

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One bright spot on a dark day for titan fans!

I will not miss you Darius.

You should have been cut week 1.

BYE!

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
-Nate "The Great" Washington
Rec: 12 Yds: 160 TD: 0
-Ryan Succop
FG: 9/11 Long: 47
TiTaN NaTioN!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:

literally just spit my drink out while seeing this.... too funny
PSN: J-SLeeZY87
derekfelty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta give it to the man, he did do some good things for us! It's not like he didn't do anything. I wish for the best for him. His a good football player but just made some mistakes that he wishes he could take back like any other football player. It's gotta be hard on him right now, with no job after lossing a game last night like that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: