Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams fear Sam Bradford has torn ACL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimeForChange wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
All of you are missing my point. Bradford is an average QB and is NOT worth $14 million dollars. The smart thing to do would be to draft another QB. What I'm saying is, instead of giving $14 mil to an average-at-best QB, you might as well just sign a journeyman for cheap and put that extra $11 mil somewhere else.

SAM BRADFORD IS NOWHERE NEAR BEING WORTH $14 MIL

In today's NFL, I don't think that statement holds true. Look what Joe Flacco is making.

And Bradford was playing at a level above "an average QB" this year.

It's just depressing and infuriating that I have to wait another year for this type of garbage to end. Actually, it probably won't even end next year. He could throw 30 TDs to 10 Ints next year and you'd probably come in and call it a fluke. Rolling Eyes

Solid last year and having a really good year this year. Looked to finally be putting it together. Only bad game was against SF but other than that looked really good.

I could be wrong but hasn't he had some pretty weak weapons the last couple of years?

Hard to develop a young QB when you have poor weapons around him.

Yep, he has. The weapons are finally starting to show up too. That's the sad part. Despite the loss against Carolina, the Rams offense actually looked like it was developing into a good unit.(defense is a lost cause)

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Art_Vandalay

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
All of you are missing my point. Bradford is an average QB and is NOT worth $14 million dollars. The smart thing to do would be to draft another QB. What I'm saying is, instead of giving $14 mil to an average-at-best QB, you might as well just sign a journeyman for cheap and put that extra $11 mil somewhere else.

In today's NFL, I don't think that statement holds true. Look what Joe Flacco is making.

It's just depressing and infuriating that I have to wait another year for this type of garbage to end. Actually, it probably won't even end next year. He could throw 30 TDs to 10 Ints next year and you'd probably come in and call it a fluke. Rolling Eyes

When Sam Bradford wins a Super Bowl and has the best postseason run of any QB ever, then yes, I'll say he deserves a big payday. If Sam Bradford can stay healthy and throw 30 TDs and only 10 INTs, then I'll say he deserves a big payday.
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:

When Sam Bradford wins a Super Bowl and has the best postseason run of any QB ever, then yes, I'll say he deserves a big payday. If Sam Bradford can stay healthy and throw 30 TDs and only 10 INTs, then I'll say he deserves a big payday.

Sam Bradford was on pace for 32 TDs to 9 Ints. And you're saying he's average and should be cut.

I highly doubt a freak knee injury is what inspired those comments.

Art_Vandalay

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:

Sam Bradford was on pace for 32 TDs to 9 Ints. And you're saying he's average and should be cut.

I highly doubt a freak knee injury is what inspired those comments.

Lol @ the "on pace for" argument. His career stats and record suggests he's on pace for mediocrity. He played one legit defense this year and got rolled. Lucky for him he got injured right before the schedule got much more difficult. Tearing his ACL essentially just got him $14 mil.
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:

Lol @ the "on pace for" argument. His career stats and record suggests he's on pace for mediocrity. He played one legit defense this year and got rolled. Lucky for him he got injured right before the schedule got much more difficult. Tearing his ACL essentially just got him $14 mil.

With every comment you make, you just sound more and more uninformed.

Hint: The Carolina Panthers are currently a top 2 defense in the NFL...and Bradford pretty thoroughly shredded that defense on Sunday before getting hurt.

"Lol at the on pace for argument"? He's already played nearly half the season. And he's currently playing the best of his career rather than fading. It seems pretty illogical to believe that he was going to suddenly fall off a cliff.

But it's also convenient to your conclusion to make that argument. So why not?

FYI, over Bradford's last 16 games:
28 TDs
11 Ints

And before you bring up competition, during that span, he faced 6 top 10 defenses and 4 defenses ranked in the top 2(in PPG Allowed).

Art_Vandalay

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright man, you win. Just do me a favor. When the Rams don't make the playoffs in the next couple of years and Sam Bradford isn't resigned, you think of me Wink
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
Alright man, you win. Just do me a favor. When the Rams don't make the playoffs in the next couple of years and Sam Bradford isn't resigned, you think of me Wink

Well, the Rams aren't making the playoffs this year so it's really not much of a prediction.

But if Bradford is re-sign and the Rams make the playoffs...who should I think of then? Wink

Art_Vandalay

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:

Well, the Rams aren't making the playoffs this year so it's really not much of a prediction.

But if Bradford is re-sign and the Rams make the playoffs...who should I think of then? Wink

I meant 2014 and 2015. If I'm wrong, feel free to rub it in my face.
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:

I meant 2014 and 2015. If I'm wrong, feel free to rub it in my face.

I wouldn't worry about that. Not really my style. Laughing

Officer Ricky

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams tried to get Farve to come on board. He said no.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9871023/st-louis-rams-even-called-brett-favre-replace-sam-bradford
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Officer Ricky wrote:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9871023/st-louis-rams-even-called-brett-favre-replace-sam-bradford

I'm not surprised. At 3-4 with underdeveloped weapons and a poor defense.

I would kinda be surprised even if say Manning went down and the Broncos called him to play and he said yes.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimeForChange wrote:
Officer Ricky wrote:

I'm not surprised. At 3-4 with underdeveloped weapons and a poor defense.

I would kinda be surprised even if say Manning went down and the Broncos called him to play and he said yes.
Rams are not a team a 44 year old QB would want to play for. Favre's best fit would be Seattle. Monster running game and defense. I team that can be elite without their QB throw 40 times a game.

Favre isn't coming back. Which I'm glad for. Would only postpone his HoF induction. Something I'm very much looking forward to.

Kempes on the custom sig!
Frank Costello

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top one saddest things I've ever seen.

"Hey Brett, wanna come play for my below average team?"
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta wonder when the pull the trigger on Vince. He's at least better than Brady Quinn and Kellen Clemens. Though that's not hard to do..
FEEDtheILLUSION

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TD-INT ratio is nice, but the fact that his YPA has never been above 6.7 in a 4-year career has to be a little concerning.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: