Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jermichael Finley placed on injured reserve 'SAD FACE'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
strat1080

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobSacamano wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
4-6 weeks? I'll take it. Bruised spinal cord isn't horrible because its only bruised. Its going to take time to heal but by the playoffs he should be back and rolling a la Randall Cobb.

Season is on Rodgers.

I'd pump the breaks there, boss. This isn't a leg, it's a neck.

Yeah no kidding. Who knows if he will even want to come back or if he'll come back the same. He just went through to separate traumatic injuries over the course of a month. The guy just got a concussion and now a spinal cord injury.

Even if it is as rosy as 4-6 weeks you have to be believe he's going to be tentative out there on the field. He's a human being. Taking big shots like that and suffering severe injuries takes its toll on your confidence.
TheBitzMan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
BobSacamano wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
4-6 weeks? I'll take it. Bruised spinal cord isn't horrible because its only bruised. Its going to take time to heal but by the playoffs he should be back and rolling a la Randall Cobb.

Season is on Rodgers.

Is there any difference in how they heal? The amount of conclusions I've seen people jump to is ridiculous here. First he gets hurt, he's never playing football again. Then all tests come back very positive and he's probably not playing football again, then he's for sure out 4-6 weeks and he's for sure going on IR.

The fact that McClain for Baltimore is back playing is one bit of positive news for Finley. However, it wasn't reported until late March that McClain would avoid surgery on his neck, the swelling was obvious such that from December till March docs couldn't properly diagnose if he needed surgery says that the swelling from his injury was far worse then Fin's. I'm not guaranteeing that Finley comes back this year, but everyone needs to pump the brakes, all this negativity is getting old.

Completely agree. There isn't enough information. We live in a now world where everyone has to know. This is just one of those times where we have to wait. Everything is still up in the air. All signs are positive and thats what we should be happy about. Who knows what he is thinking or the Packers are.
BobSacamano

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
BobSacamano wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:

Season is on Rodgers.

Is there any difference in how they heal? The amount of conclusions I've seen people jump to is ridiculous here. First he gets hurt, he's never playing football again. Then all tests come back very positive and he's probably not playing football again, then he's for sure out 4-6 weeks and he's for sure going on IR.

The fact that McClain for Baltimore is back playing is one bit of positive news for Finley. However, it wasn't reported until late March that McClain would avoid surgery on his neck, the swelling was obvious such that from December till March docs couldn't properly diagnose if he needed surgery says that the swelling from his injury was far worse then Fin's. I'm not guaranteeing that Finley comes back this year, but everyone needs to pump the brakes, all this negativity is getting old.

I'm no M.D., but yes I think a leg bone heals differently than a spinal cord.

KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
McT

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobSacamano wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
BobSacamano wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:

Season is on Rodgers.

I'm no M.D., but yes I think a leg bone heals differently than a spinal cord.

I doubt Jennings knows any more about spinal injuries than you do.
chucknorris101

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every injury like this is different. Maybe he's ready in 4-6 weeks. Maybe 8. Maybe 2. Maybe never. At this point it's in team docs and from the sounds of it Finley's court as to when if ever he suits up again.

I think this case is alot more minor than Collins' so we will see how things play out.

The silver lining is if by some remote chance he does come back this year we know he'll be 100% and well rested in time for the playoffs. Again let me emphasize remote

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright. Hypothetically, assuming he comes back and plays, which is far, far, far from a guarantee, we should just let him chill until the last few games of the regular season, let him get his rhythm back, and then unleash him again in the playoffs. Same with Cobb.
BillSabre

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys expect to see Q in there full time or does this Bostick kid have a fighting chance ?

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!
Illustrated

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chucknorris101 wrote:
Every injury like this is different. Maybe he's ready in 4-6 weeks. Maybe 8. Maybe 2. Maybe never. At this point it's in team docs and from the sounds of it Finley's court as to when if ever he suits up again.

I think this case is alot more minor than Collins' so we will see how things play out.

The silver lining is if by some remote chance he does come back this year we know he'll be 100% and well rested in time for the playoffs. Again let me emphasize remote

It sounds a little more likely than remote. So far only the fans have been giving these grave scenarios of him never playing again, retiring, etc.

There is a chance he won't too, but it's not all that unlikely.
Packerfaninmn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillSabre wrote:
Do you guys expect to see Q in there full time or does this Bostick kid have a fighting chance ?

I have a hunch that Bostick is the one that will flash. Q has had opportunities and pissed them away thus far.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESPN has reported a 4-6 week recovery and that he will be at no more risk than normal once the injury has healed.

I think all this talk of never playing again and retirement has gone way too far.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
Just played a game on madden with Bostick. Can confirm he sucks.

Kids a little scary as of today, that's for sure. Clearly the IQ is his core issue. That wonderlic score was the truth. At some point ya need to sink or swim though. Can't do much post, but Rodgers needs to make sure Bostick sees the same thing as him pre. Might even be one of those "get open and I'll find ya" deals..... Laughing

I like the guy. I feel like he can become a piece right now. But he did suck in Madden.

What was his Wonderlic? I looked it up and can't find it!

XBL: ShiiNyIV
ManInCharge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Finley was so hesitant to throw himself out there for contact after his knee injury, what is he going to be like now?

I also remember him saying after his concussion that his 3-year old son told him "Daddy, I don't want you playing football anymore" after seeing that hit, and hearing that kind of shook him up. Will that factor into anything?

"I know one thing about these guys, they're not going to stop quitting.''
Illustrated

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManInCharge wrote:
If Finley was so hesitant to throw himself out there for contact after his knee injury, what is he going to be like now?

I also remember him saying after his concussion that his 3-year old son told him "Daddy, I don't want you playing football anymore" after seeing that hit, and hearing that kind of shook him up. Will that factor into anything?

I think it was mainly the routes that changed over the time after his return that set him up to bulk up and be more imposing.

No.
40Year Pack Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds to me that many are making statements about Finley not wanting or being able to return......Let's face it, Finley had more than his share of detractors during the off season.....Is this perhaps their way of saying they hope Finley doesn't want to return or will be able to?.....
dwaye50

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read this on an ESPN blog...

"Several recent Packers players who sustained bruised spinal cords or columns -- including safety Gary Berry (in 2000), receiver Terrence Murphy (2005) and linebacker Jeremy Thompson (2009) -- all were diagnosed with stenosis. The Packers did not clear them, and they never played in the NFL again."

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers

I think we have seen the end of Finley considering what I read above and how the Packers have handled it before.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 12 of 23

Jump to: