Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jermichael Finley placed on injured reserve 'SAD FACE'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBitzMan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to people he will be off the field for 4-6 weeks then they will see how he is doing. Sticky situation with the IR.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBitzMan wrote:
According to people he will be off the field for 4-6 weeks then they will see how he is doing. Sticky situation with the IR.

Just read that.

But these reporters do not understand our training staff. 4-6 weeks until he can resume athletic activity and get back on the field. And then what? Throw him on the field?

I still stand by Finley being done for the year as a combination of the injury and the conservative nature of our training staff. It sucks, yes, but there's no point in looking for a timetable for his return when it's inevitable that we'll shelf him after accessing the nature of the injury and the importance of his future.
ajhawk5047

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gbpacker40 wrote:
ajhawk5047 wrote:
gbpacker40 wrote:
Ok I am going to try saying this without being callous.

Finley is a mediocre TE with the potential to be much better. Unfortunately he has never reached that full potential. No one wants to see any player get hurt, especially like this. But this does make the decision on Finley at the end of the year a no-brainer. You don't sign him, period. You walk away from this situation(obviously take the best care of him until he can get himself better) and hope the guy does the same with football. IMO, the best we can do is start looking heavily at TE in the draft, in-house and FA next year and see whats there.

lol. k.

I dont know whats funny, I value the guys life after football as more important. I don't want the Packers to be involved in any situation that could possibly harm the guys future, even the smallest risk, I get away from.

the funny part is you saying finley is a mediocre tight end. brandon pettigrew is a mediocre tight end.
BobSacamano

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBitzMan wrote:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9863534/jermichael-finley-green-bay-packers-no-table-recovery

KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
Arodsmightybelt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBitzMan wrote:
If he is IRed I think he will be back. That would drastically drive down his price. If he wouldn't have gotten hurt he was on a pace to put himself out of the packers price range. Obviously his life is more important and I am glad that he will be able to play again whether it be here or somewhere else, but my gut says that he will be back. The Packers love to take care of their own and he is still so young. He seems to have a great relationship with lots of players and I want him back. He is far from a mediocre TE. It will be interesting to see how this plays out with so many people needing to get paid. Great drafting leads to Cap crunching.

This, fantastic post I agree completely.

Quarless time to step up and put the big boy boots on.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBitzMan wrote:
If he is IRed I think he will be back. That would drastically drive down his price. If he wouldn't have gotten hurt he was on a pace to put himself out of the packers price range. Obviously his life is more important and I am glad that he will be able to play again whether it be here or somewhere else, but my gut says that he will be back. The Packers love to take care of their own and he is still so young. He seems to have a great relationship with lots of players and I want him back. He is far from a mediocre TE. It will be interesting to see how this plays out with so many people needing to get paid. Great drafting leads to Cap crunching.

He'll get offered a contract similar Mason Crosby, a low base salary and low number of years with escalators he can hit that will bump him up into the range he's at now. Win-win for both sides.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's looking like Fin's done for the year. Trying to look on the bright side a bit. Let's say Q steps up bigtime. He's a FA after this year. Maybe he can drive up his price and get a starting offer somewhere, leading to us getting a nice conditional pick the next year?
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4-6 weeks? I'll take it. Bruised spinal cord isn't horrible because its only bruised. Its going to take time to heal but by the playoffs he should be back and rolling a la Randall Cobb.

Season is on Rodgers.
squire12

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBitzMan wrote:

The situation gets that much stickier with the other injuries.

Perry
Matthews
B Jones
J Jones
Starks
Hayward
Bush
R Taylor

All are working back and it is tough finding spots on the 53-man yet still field a active 46 players for game day. Hopefully Bush, Hayward, B Jones, J jones are not far off and maybe Finley can be kept on the roster for a few weeks to see if he can come back this year or not.

Also need to factor in some players returning off PUP (Sherrod, Worthy, Richardson, Tretter). Likely only Sherrod and maybe Worthy has a chance to be placed onto the 53-man roster. What is needed and how healthy the remaining team is will factor into this.
driftwood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:

Season is on Rodgers.

how is this different from any other year?

the pack go wherever he can take them

as far as 88 on IR... thats pretty much a sure thing at this point

no reason to rush him back, plus its always a #'s game when it comes to the roster, & right now finley's spot on the 53 is way too valuable to be tied up for 6+ weeks without another body to have in his place

so 88 is going to IR, its just a matter of when the packers deem it necessary to make it official... my guess is before this coming friday

Last edited by driftwood on Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
BobSacamano

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
4-6 weeks? I'll take it. Bruised spinal cord isn't horrible because its only bruised. Its going to take time to heal but by the playoffs he should be back and rolling a la Randall Cobb.

Season is on Rodgers.

I'd pump the breaks there, boss. This isn't a leg, it's a neck.

KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
ajhawk5047

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR Finley and bring in Tavarres King?
TheBitzMan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajhawk5047 wrote:

King's a Panther.
Arodsmightybelt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBitzMan wrote:
ajhawk5047 wrote:

King's a Panther.

that one still grinds my gears.......denver did that young man dirty...... you dont treat people like that.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobSacamano wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:

Season is on Rodgers.

I'd pump the breaks there, boss. This isn't a leg, it's a neck.

Is there any difference in how they heal? The amount of conclusions I've seen people jump to is ridiculous here. First he gets hurt, he's never playing football again. Then all tests come back very positive and he's probably not playing football again, then he's for sure out 4-6 weeks and he's for sure going on IR.

The fact that McClain for Baltimore is back playing is one bit of positive news for Finley. However, it wasn't reported until late March that McClain would avoid surgery on his neck, the swelling was obvious such that from December till March docs couldn't properly diagnose if he needed surgery says that the swelling from his injury was far worse then Fin's. I'm not guaranteeing that Finley comes back this year, but everyone needs to pump the brakes, all this negativity is getting old.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 11 of 23

Jump to: