Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Leon Hall Out For Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
First time the Bengals allowed a 300 yard passer since Brandon Weeden of last year in week 2.
You take away that ridiculous 'hail-mary' ball to Calvin, and they're still below 300.

INbengalfan wrote:
we might need to consider McCalleb to return punts......
Very Happy

Like INbengal said, yeah that was my hidden gem I found. lol

And no, your wrong. That Hail Mary Pass was an exact 50 yard TD pass. Stafford threw for 357 yards, which means if you take the 50 yard pass away hes still slightly over 300, so nope. Smile
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
2.No they need to pull up McCalebb because now the team needs another CB. 5 CB's isnt enough for this team, for what we have seen in the past. The injury bug hits this position more than anything else on this team it seems. Everybody accept for Lewis Harris has been hurt at some point on this team. If the team wants to add McCalebb because hes probably got the playbook down better, compared to a new guy they might sign then so be it. Whomever the Bengals sign won't start right away, but they could end up doing so down the road in the season.

3.Hall has really had injury problems in the past until 2 years ago. All the way from 2007 he never missed a game for 4 straight years. Then he got hurt and hes out for the season 2 years ago. Now it happened again. I'm not saying hes gonna be a horrible CB now, But I don't believe hes gonna be as good as he once was though.

2. You're crazy if you think McCalebb can play CB. It's his listed position, but he's no more a corner than Clark Harris is a TE. He's a returner - that's it. I guarantee you that pulling him up and playing him would be a disaster. If the team needs a returner, they might think about it. If the team needs a corner, they're going to look elsewhere.

3. If that's your opinion, that's fine. But it's not really based on anything. He's proven he could bounce back from the injury once and be better than ever - he can do it again.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
And if they want to sign someone, Prater was just released from the Eagles...

Vikings claimed him today ahead of the Bengals.

LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
First time the Bengals allowed a 300 yard passer since Brandon Weeden of last year in week 2.
You take away that ridiculous 'hail-mary' ball to Calvin, and they're still below 300.
Now i know you know that it doesn't work like that in the NFL.

Yes I know, but its nice to dream a little........

There is one crazy streak still going for the defence. I think they've not conceded a game with a QBR of over 100 for like 20+ games; (Stafford was 96.6 Sunday). I'll have to look it up.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
Ok I guess I don't know the difference. I always though ACL meant achillies cartilage ligament meant the same thing. Still I just don't have a good feeling.

ACL- anterier cruciate ligament. Runs from the tibia to the femur through the knee and holds everything in place basically

PCL and MCL are there too
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
Ok I guess I don't know the difference. I always though ACL meant achillies cartilage ligament meant the same thing. Still I just don't have a good feeling.

ACL- anterier cruciate ligament. Runs from the tibia to the femur through the knee and holds everything in place basically

Tagging along on this: the achilles is the ligament running from the heel and up along the back of the leg. It's what allows you to move your foot up and down. You can feel it flexing by placing your fingers on the back of your heel and moving your foot up and down by pointing your toes up, then down.

When you tear your achilles, it generally rips away from the heel. People that have done say they can feel the ligament snap up through their leg. Disgusting.

Tearing an achilles or an ACL is the one injury i pray i never have. It sounds terrifying.

LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
Tagging along on this: the achilles is the ligament running from the heel and up along the back of the leg. It's what allows you to move your foot up and down. You can feel it flexing by placing your fingers on the back of your heel and moving your foot up and down by pointing your toes up, then down.

When you tear your achilles, it generally rips away from the heel.

I heard of 'Doctor Dre', but not 'Doctor J'....!!!!!!!
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
theJ wrote:

Never followed basketball in the US, eh?

LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
theJ wrote:

Never followed basketball in the US, eh?

Sure, I like me some BB, but not so much as gridiron and baseball.

Doctor J, Nets basketball back in the 70's right ? Was he an expert on lower limb injuries too ?

All joking aside 'J', we both hope Leon heals well; pretty sure barring injury he was headed to the 'Probowl' this year; ranked by some sources as the best slot corner in the entire league.... Want to see him come back strong next year, but I think we need to draft and prepare for next year like he isn't.
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
All joking aside 'J', we both hope Leon heals well; pretty sure barring injury he was headed to the 'Probowl' this year; ranked by some sources as the best slot corner in the entire league.... Want to see him come back strong next year, but I think we need to draft and prepare for next year like he isn't.

Yes and no. By the time the draft rolls around, Leon should be on his feet and the team should have a decent idea of how well the recovery is going. But at the same time they can't assume he's going to be all world (but i can).

Like i said earlier, Kirkpatrick stepping up would calm a lot of fears. Going into next year with Terrence and Kirkpatrick and possibly Leon looks really good if Kirkpatrick plays well down the stretch.

MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
2.No they need to pull up McCalebb because now the team needs another CB. 5 CB's isnt enough for this team, for what we have seen in the past. The injury bug hits this position more than anything else on this team it seems. Everybody accept for Lewis Harris has been hurt at some point on this team. If the team wants to add McCalebb because hes probably got the playbook down better, compared to a new guy they might sign then so be it. Whomever the Bengals sign won't start right away, but they could end up doing so down the road in the season.

3.Hall has really had injury problems in the past until 2 years ago. All the way from 2007 he never missed a game for 4 straight years. Then he got hurt and hes out for the season 2 years ago. Now it happened again. I'm not saying hes gonna be a horrible CB now, But I don't believe hes gonna be as good as he once was though.

2. You're crazy if you think McCalebb can play CB. It's his listed position, but he's no more a corner than Clark Harris is a TE. He's a returner - that's it. I guarantee you that pulling him up and playing him would be a disaster. If the team needs a returner, they might think about it. If the team needs a corner, they're going to look elsewhere.

3. If that's your opinion, that's fine. But it's not really based on anything. He's proven he could bounce back from the injury once and be better than ever - he can do it again.

Ok ill leave the Leon Hall thing aside now.

As for McCalebb, if he can't play CB yet, fine then don't bring him up. But the team must sign another CB. 5 guys will not be enough. I assume they will just go with the 5 guys they have right now this week, but in the future they will need more.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

And this is why I never pursued a degree in the Medical field. Wow I didn't even say the right term for ACL. lol

But yeah, once I heard it was an achillies injury, I already knew his season was done so that I wasn't shocked when it was official.
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
As for McCalebb, if he can't play CB yet, fine then don't bring him up. But the team must sign another CB. 5 guys will not be enough. I assume they will just go with the 5 guys they have right now this week, but in the future they will need more.

You may or may not be right. Hard to say how many corners they need. The need is lessened slightly because Crocker, while listed at safety, will play nickle corner.

Last time Hall tore his Achilles, the Bengals finished the season with 4 corners. They also made the playoffs behind a strong defense. So who really knows for sure?

I don't think they'll panic for one. As long as Dre and Ghee stay healthy, i'm not sure they'll sign anyone. But, they've not proven to stay healthy before.

johndeere1707

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main problem with our future at CB is that both Ghee and Kirkpatrick have been made of glass. A few games ago Kirkpatrick made a great open field tackle the got injured. I just don't trust him to stay durable. And Ghee is 10x worse. We really need at least 2 more corners in next years draft

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
The main problem with our future at CB is that both Ghee and Kirkpatrick have been made of glass. A few games ago Kirkpatrick made a great open field tackle the got injured. I just don't trust him to stay durable. And Ghee is 10x worse. We really need at least 2 more corners in next years draft

Agree 'JD', plus Brandon Ghee is in his contract year; he's a free agent come next spring.

Terrence Newman isn't getting any younger, Hall, Kirkpatrick and Ghees' future is uncertain. There is however a big crop of good looking vet FA's available, and we could be needing 3 or 4 corners for next year in FA or the draft. Who knows ?

With Mays and Iloka playing better, we might be better off at safety now than at corner, and we weren't exactly saying that last April !!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: