Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Leon Hall Out For Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the worst news. Newman and Nelson said they were crying on the sideline when they heard the news. They know how bad Leon wants to be out there and how hard he worked to get back after tearing it last year.

Time to see what Dre Kirkpatrick can do.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
Here comes the return of Nate Clements

I like that better than Marsh

Agree.

Who'd've put money on having Crocker and Clements back before week 8 ?
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
Here comes the return of Nate Clements

I like that better than Marsh

Agree.

Who'd've put money on having Crocker and Clements back before week 8 ?

I would have told you we must be 0-7 if that's the case

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once Hall got hurt that game, you could tell it really affected the defense, because Stafford completely unloaded on them once he was out of the game. First time the Bengals allowed a 300 yard passer since Brandon Weeden of last year in week 2. Zimmer can only do so much. I don't really have much faith in Newman and Jones to hold down the fort for the whole year, and Kirkpatrick hasn't exactly impressed either.

Bengals need to immediately make a move on adding another CB. If they can make a big trade for a CB it would be nice, because this position needs as much help and depth as possible. Maybe sign someone like Sheldon Brown. He had a good run with the Browns the last couple of years. Or they will just have to promote Onterio McCalebb and hope for the best from the rest of the guys.

I hate to say this, but I don't think Leon Hall is ever gonna be the same player he once was now. 2 ACL tears in the last 3 seasons isnt good for anyone long term. His best years are done now IMO. Bengals will need to address this position big time next offseason.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like trading for a big name. 1. Who is out there? 2. That's a big risk and likely money we will have to shell out on a contract. Not a fan of that

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
Once Hall got hurt that game, you could tell it really affected the defense, because Stafford completely unloaded on them once he was out of the game. First time the Bengals allowed a 300 yard passer since Brandon Weeden of last year in week 2. Zimmer can only do so much. I don't really have much faith in Newman and Jones to hold down the fort for the whole year, and Kirkpatrick hasn't exactly impressed either.

The defense was having trouble before Hall went out. Having him would have helped things, but that 300 yard game was happening regardless.

MrCincinnati wrote:
Bengals need to immediately make a move on adding another CB. If they can make a big trade for a CB it would be nice, because this position needs as much help and depth as possible. Maybe sign someone like Sheldon Brown. He had a good run with the Browns the last couple of years. Or they will just have to promote Onterio McCalebb and hope for the best from the rest of the guys.

Lol, they're going to pull up McCalebb because you don't have faith in Kirkpatrick? Something tells me that would turn out horribly, considering the guy has never played corner before. He was a running back in college.

Sorry, but the Bengals best chance is with Kirkpatrick. They drafted him in the first for a reason, and how he has to show why. I have faith he'll be ok. Not Leon good, but this is going to be his first extended playing time, and i guarantee he's getting a ton of reps in practice now. Zimmer is going to be spending a lot of 1-1 time with him.

MrCincinnati wrote:
I hate to say this, but I don't think Leon Hall is ever gonna be the same player he once was now. 2 ACL tears in the last 3 seasons isnt good for anyone long term. His best years are done now IMO. Bengals will need to address this position big time next offseason.

People said that after his first Achilles tear. He returned and was better than ever. He tore his Achilles one week later than the last time and was good to go for week 1 in 2012. I expect he'll be back and ready to go again next year.

People forget that Leon doesn't rely on explosion and speed to play corner. Yes, every corner needs some. But his game has never revolved around it like JJoe's did. If this happened to a guy like Marvin Jones or JJoe, i'd say he was toast. But Leon is going to be just fine. Does it suck? Yes. Is he probably feeling mentally beat up? Probably. But will he recover and be great again? I'm not betting against him.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:

First, he tore his achilles, not his ACLs. Still sucks, but the recovery time is less. As J said, he cam back fine the last time, and I believe he will again. Not only that, he knows exactly what to expect and what problems may come up. he will be fine.

As for the rest of this year, it's time for Kirkpatrick and Ghee to step up. This team has put a lot of faith and time into Ghee: it's time he rewarded them for it. His niche is the slot, so let's see it. It's officially time for Dre to do his thing. And the team needs both to play well to lessen the burden on AJones, allowing him to still return punts. I think that's the second place Hall's injury could have a major effect. So if we don't sign another CB, we might need to consider McCalleb to return punts and leave Jones solely at CB.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if they want to sign someone, Prater was just released from the Eagles...
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not quite sink or swim time for Dre, but we need to give him a little rope and see how he responds to the opportunity.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
First time the Bengals allowed a 300 yard passer since Brandon Weeden of last year in week 2.
You take away that ridiculous 'hail-mary' ball to Calvin, and they're still below 300.

INbengalfan wrote:
we might need to consider McCalleb to return punts......
Very Happy
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
First time the Bengals allowed a 300 yard passer since Brandon Weeden of last year in week 2.
You take away that ridiculous 'hail-mary' ball to Calvin, and they're still below 300.
Now i know you know that it doesn't work like that in the NFL.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

INbengalfan wrote:
we might need to consider McCalleb to return punts......
Very Happy

I find that really funny since I didn't say it but it quoted me Laughing Mr Cincy takes credit
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

The defense was having trouble before Hall went out. Having him would have helped things, but that 300 yard game was happening regardless.

MrCincinnati wrote:

Lol, they're going to pull up McCalebb because you don't have faith in Kirkpatrick? Something tells me that would turn out horribly, considering the guy has never played corner before. He was a running back in college.

Sorry, but the Bengals best chance is with Kirkpatrick. They drafted him in the first for a reason, and how he has to show why. I have faith he'll be ok. Not Leon good, but this is going to be his first extended playing time, and i guarantee he's getting a ton of reps in practice now. Zimmer is going to be spending a lot of 1-1 time with him.

MrCincinnati wrote:

People said that after his first Achilles tear. He returned and was better than ever. He tore his Achilles one week later than the last time and was good to go for week 1 in 2012. I expect he'll be back and ready to go again next year.

People forget that Leon doesn't rely on explosion and speed to play corner. Yes, every corner needs some. But his game has never revolved around it like JJoe's did. If this happened to a guy like Marvin Jones or JJoe, i'd say he was toast. But Leon is going to be just fine. Does it suck? Yes. Is he probably feeling mentally beat up? Probably. But will he recover and be great again? I'm not betting against him.

1.No the defense was fine. They give up some big plays sometimes, but Zimmer was doing a fantastic job with what he was working with. When you can hold guys down like Brady and Rodgers to under 300 yards with the likes of once so called "washed up" players, its amazing.

2.No they need to pull up McCalebb because now the team needs another CB. 5 CB's isnt enough for this team, for what we have seen in the past. The injury bug hits this position more than anything else on this team it seems. Everybody accept for Lewis Harris has been hurt at some point on this team. If the team wants to add McCalebb because hes probably got the playbook down better, compared to a new guy they might sign then so be it. Whomever the Bengals sign won't start right away, but they could end up doing so down the road in the season.

3.Hall has really had injury problems in the past until 2 years ago. All the way from 2007 he never missed a game for 4 straight years. Then he got hurt and hes out for the season 2 years ago. Now it happened again. I'm not saying hes gonna be a horrible CB now, But I don't believe hes gonna be as good as he once was though.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

First, he tore his achilles, not his ACLs. Still sucks, but the recovery time is less. As J said, he cam back fine the last time, and I believe he will again. Not only that, he knows exactly what to expect and what problems may come up. he will be fine.

As for the rest of this year, it's time for Kirkpatrick and Ghee to step up. This team has put a lot of faith and time into Ghee: it's time he rewarded them for it. His niche is the slot, so let's see it. It's officially time for Dre to do his thing. And the team needs both to play well to lessen the burden on AJones, allowing him to still return punts. I think that's the second place Hall's injury could have a major effect. So if we don't sign another CB, we might need to consider McCalleb to return punts and leave Jones solely at CB.

Ok I guess I don't know the difference. I always though ACL meant achillies cartilage ligament meant the same thing. Still I just don't have a good feeling.

Kirkpatrick maybe I shouldn't sell short yet, because he still has time. Ghee has proven nothing though. He just get hurt too much and its hard to judge him when he doesn't play. I prefer Lewis Harris over him at this point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: