You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Titans 3-4 Bye Week Thoughts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
We honestly need to hope Andrew Luck misses Reggie Wayne a LOT.

I don't see that affecting the Colts nearly enough to give us a shot.

Titans can make them miss him. Titans still have 5 division games left. We probably wont run the table but if Jake Locker and the Titans want to make a name and a run why not have an 02 type run? Im not saying we will win all these games but the Titans are good enough to win at STL vs Jax vs Ind at Oak at Indy vs Ari at Jax vs Hou the only game i left out is Denver and even thats winnable because Denvers pass defense is so bad. If the Titans are who Pollard says they are then every game is winnable the rest of the way but Titans control there own destiny. Colts still have to play us twice KC and Baltimore so theres room for Indy to slip up a little

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:

You must not watch alot of the colts. He targeted Wayne alot more than any other player. 3rd down or a crucial situation he was looking for Wayne. He likes Fleener down the seams alot too, but Wayne was his guy. It will effect him because DHB has now become his #1 and his hands are suspect and the only other person he has is TY Hilton. The other young TE from last year (Allen?) is out for the year I think? Outside of Lucas Oil they are very beatable and I am not scared of the titans going into Lucas either. Just please block Mathis. He hit fivehead Sunday night with bad intentions. Shocked Laughing

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
-Hope-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
-Hope- wrote:

You must not watch alot of the colts. He targeted Wayne alot more than any other player. 3rd down or a crucial situation he was looking for Wayne. He likes Fleener down the seams alot too, but Wayne was his guy. It will effect him because DHB has now become his #1 and his hands are suspect and the only other person he has is TY Hilton. The other young TE from last year (Allen?) is out for the year I think? Outside of Lucas Oil they are very beatable and I am not scared of the titans going into Lucas either. Just please block Mathis. He hit fivehead Sunday night with bad intentions. Shocked Laughing

It's not even about us vs. them. It's about them vs. the rest of the NFL. Even if we beat them twice (which is unlikely), they're going to have to lose a few games for us to have a shot of stealing the division, AND (more problematically) we'll have to be nearly perfect.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well its never too early to start watching the teams above us especially since its the Bye week and theres nothing else to do. According to NFL.com were 9th in the conference so 3 teams above us and 2 out of the 3 we beat so in order here are there games this week

8th Miami Dolphins at New England Patriots 1pm EST

7th New York Jets at Cincinnati Bengals 4pm EST

6th Chargers Bye

Also on Byes Colts and Texans

The only division team playing this week is 49ers vs Jags in London

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
lamont wrote:
-Hope- wrote:

It's not even about us vs. them. It's about them vs. the rest of the NFL. Even if we beat them twice (which is unlikely), they're going to have to lose a few games for us to have a shot of stealing the division, AND (more problematically) we'll have to be nearly perfect.

They still have 2 games vs Tenn Hou and games vs Balt and KC theres games they can lose in there

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
lamont wrote:
-Hope- wrote:

I am still not getting where you are going with your comments? The colts have lost 2 AFC games and one is to a team the titans beat (san diego). The titans have 2 AFC loses as well, one to kansas city and houston. I do not think the titans will catch KC and the colts still have to play KC. The titans run the table in the division or split with colts the rest of the way they would still win the division because the titans beat the bolts and the colts did not. The titans lost to the 9ers and seahawks and the colts beat them both. The interconference losses to the 9ers and seahawks are further down the line in the playoff seating scenario. There are a few tiebreakers before we get to interconference losses. The titans are very much still in the division hunt and the wildcard, they have just got to win. They are very much controlling their own destiny right now.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Kookie23

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
lamont wrote:
-Hope- wrote:

I am still not getting where you are going with your comments? The colts have lost 2 AFC games and one is to a team the titans beat (san diego). The titans have 2 AFC loses as well, one to kansas city and houston. I do not think the titans will catch KC and the colts still have to play KC. The titans run the table in the division or split with colts the rest of the way they would still win the division because the titans beat the bolts and the colts did not. The titans lost to the 9ers and seahawks and the colts beat them both. The interconference losses to the 9ers and seahawks are further down the line in the playoff seating scenario. There are a few tiebreakers before we get to interconference losses. The titans are very much still in the division hunt and the wildcard, they have just got to win. They are very much controlling their own destiny right now.

Until they give the jags their first win.

You guys expecting some sort of ridiculous nine game win streak are hyping up for nothing. They'll split with the texans and colts with a miracle and lose at least more to the broncos.

This is what happens when you have a bad coaching staff like ours. Thankfully theres going to be a golden opportunity for that to change next year.
titans0021

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This is what happens when you have a bad coaching staff like ours. Thankfully theres going to be a golden opportunity for that to change next year.
We get it. For the love of god we get it. You hate the coaching staff. You hated Bud Adams. What's the point of even being a Titans fan if you hate everything about the team? What can you possibly be getting out of this kind of misery? I'm usually fairly negative about the team, but to just spend week after week complaining about everything, rooting for failures and making sure everyone else knows how miserable you are rooting for this organization, I don't even understand why you would want to watch this team play, or spend any of your time talking about it, since apparently all it does is bring negativity into your life.

Props to mike23md on the sig
TitanSS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Quote:
We get it. For the love of god we get it. You hate the coaching staff. You hated Bud Adams. What's the point of even being a Titans fan if you hate everything about the team? What can you possibly be getting out of this kind of misery? I'm usually fairly negative about the team, but to just spend week after week complaining about everything, rooting for failures and making sure everyone else knows how miserable you are rooting for this organization, I don't even understand why you would want to watch this team play, or spend any of your time talking about it, since apparently all it does is bring negativity into your life.

This.

Also. This coaching staff is ten times better than anything we've had in recent years. Munchak waited too long to bench Reynaud, but at least he did something about it. Fisher would still be using Reynaud back there.

The defense has completely turned around and our play at quarterback looks super promising. The run game looked miserable with who they wanted to be their number 2 center in, but looks to be improving with Schwenke. Not only that but Munchak is stuck with CJ at running back. He could have gotten rid of him but I doubt Adams wanted to as he is the only reason anyone knows we are a team. Let Munchak get one of his guys at runningback and I think we'll be successful next season at pounding the rock.

Outside of releasing Velasco to let Turner be our veteran #2 Center and holding on to Reynaud for way too long our coaching staff has been very impressive. People complain about the play-calling, but it's actually been decent. Just terrible execution by the offensive line, way too many drops by our receivers, and Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Do I get mad at yell and want all of them fired at times? Like Reynaud still "catching" punts? Sure. But once the smoke as cleared I'm able to look at it with a little optimism. Something I wasn't able to do when Fisher was coaching in his last 5 years.
Justin615$

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Quote:

This.

Also. This coaching staff is ten times better than anything we've had in recent years. Munchak waited too long to bench Reynaud, but at least he did something about it. Fisher would still be using Reynaud back there.

The defense has completely turned around and our play at quarterback looks super promising. The run game looked miserable with who they wanted to be their number 2 center in, but looks to be improving with Schwenke. Not only that but Munchak is stuck with CJ at running back. He could have gotten rid of him but I doubt Adams wanted to as he is the only reason anyone knows we are a team. Let Munchak get one of his guys at runningback and I think we'll be successful next season at pounding the rock.

Outside of releasing Velasco to let Turner be our veteran #2 Center and holding on to Reynaud for way too long our coaching staff has been very impressive. People complain about the play-calling, but it's actually been decent. Just terrible execution by the offensive line, way too many drops by our receivers, and Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Do I get mad at yell and want all of them fired at times? Like Reynaud still "catching" punts? Sure. But once the smoke as cleared I'm able to look at it with a little optimism. Something I wasn't able to do when Fisher was coaching in his last 5 years.

This x2

2017 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Adoree Jackson : 0 TKLS, 0 INTS, 0 SACKS
2. Ryan Succop : 0 FGM, 0 FGA, 0 LONG
TitanSS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And can we please wear that uniform at every home game? Looks much better.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who trolls their own team though? Laughing that's what I don't get.

Dubbya thinks...

I think he's a Texan fan just messin with people.

**RIP Steve McNair**
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
And can we please wear that uniform at every home game? Looks much better.

Ditto... Navy blues were always the best. Navy blue with blue pants is my favorite uni combo.

**RIP Steve McNair**
kamikazepants

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely this has come up in someone else's mind, but do we remember two years ago when another certain team in the division was on an 0-13 run of embarrassment and the Titans went into their place and got beat by double digits?

I can't help but worry about being embarrassed like that again.

Hopefully this team is different Laughing
titans0021

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kamikazepants wrote:
Surely this has come up in someone else's mind, but do we remember two years ago when another certain team in the division was on an 0-13 run of embarrassment and the Titans went into their place and got beat by double digits?

I can't help but worry about being embarrassed like that again.

Hopefully this team is different Laughing
Only way I'm worried about that happening is with Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB. That was the problem two years ago. We threw an aging Matt Hasselbeck who was still injured out there and he proceeded to be a disaster. Have plenty of faith that Jake won't let something like that happen.

Props to mike23md on the sig

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: