You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Titans 3-4 Bye Week Thoughts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know he had a decent amount of yards against a prevent defense yesterday, but Jake's numbers on the year:

61.8% completion rate, 6.9 yards per attempt, 8 TDs, 1 INT, 127 yards rushing, 1 touchdown, 0 fumbles lost.

Something tells me Jaworski wouldn't rank him as the 31st starting QB in football if he was redoing that list today.

Props to mike23md on the sig
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
I know he had a decent amount of yards against a prevent defense yesterday, but Jake's numbers on the year:

61.8% completion rate, 6.9 yards per attempt, 8 TDs, 1 INT, 127 yards rushing, 1 touchdown, 0 fumbles lost.

Something tells me Jaworski wouldn't rank him as the 31st starting QB in football if he was redoing that list today.

This is another reason I would have issues with letting Loggains go. For one, I don't think Loggain's play calling has been as bad as some say(could be better, but I think it's honestly decent right now), but the development of Locker is another. Is it worth switching OCs and risking hurting his development?

#MTGA
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

This is another reason I would have issues with letting Loggains go. For one, I don't think Loggain's play calling has been as bad as some say(could be better, but I think it's honestly decent right now), but the development of Locker is another. Is it worth switching OCs and risking hurting his development?
I have a few complaints with the playcalling, but overall, I can't say that I want Loggains gone. Really feel like we had a chance to get things going early on offense before the penalties and the drop on the first drive yesterday.

Seems like Schwenke really made a difference in the running game, and with a softer schedule and another two weeks for him to get used to working with the rest of the line, I think the CJ and Greene should be able to get something going over the second half of the season.

Jake's development has been incredible. Sure, he will occasionally have a bad miss (hell, every young QB does. Only reason Wayne tore his ACL last night was because Luck made a terrible throw to a wide-open receiver) but overall, his accuracy and decision-making is light years from where it was post-injury last season.

KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also don't have a problem with the playcalling, I do have a issue with using Reynard as a WR...>WTF.

Something is missing on offense though. They have too much talent to not be consistently producing.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have issues with Reynaud being on the field at all. If he's still returning kicks after the bye we have a serious coaching problem. Inexcusable.

p.s. Told you all about the Colts.
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
I have issues with Reynaud being on the field at all. If he's still returning kicks after the bye we have a serious coaching problem. Inexcusable.

Still think we'll beat them at home. Particularly now without Reggie Wayne. Good team, but inconsistent. And I'll take my chances against Luck without his security blanket. Turnovers are about to increase significantly.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them come out of the bye and lose to Houston. Just the kind of team I think the Colts are.

Kookie23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

Still think we'll beat them at home. Particularly now without Reggie Wayne. Good team, but inconsistent. And I'll take my chances against Luck without his security blanket. Turnovers are about to increase significantly.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them come out of the bye and lose to Houston. Just the kind of team I think the Colts are.

Sounds more like us.
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kookie23 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

Sounds more like us.
Not really. For the most part, we lose to good teams and beat the teams we should. Indy is prone to great efforts but also significant let downs.

TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:

Reynaud was cut.

#MTGA
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
John Glennon ‏@glennonsports 54m

Munchak on Locker's performance against SF: "He's special. When the smoke clears, this guy is going to be a winner."

Not sure I've ever seen Munchak endorse someone so much.

#MTGA
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Quote:

Munchak on Locker's performance against SF: "He's special. When the smoke clears, this guy is going to be a winner."

Have to think that performance yesterday, particularly the runs in the fourth quarter, had to give everyone in that locker room even more respect for Jake as a man. Down three possessions, for a man that is clearly not at 100% to be out there still trying to create plays with his legs was incredible to watch. He's getting better as a football player and he continues to show why everyone in the coaching staff believes in him as a person.

TitanSS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

Reynaud was cut.

YESYESYESYESYESYEYSYESYESYSYELDAKFSADLKFS
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see us get Justin Hunter more involved in this offense. It seems that we only have him run a few routes, which is understandable, but this kid is an out-of-this-world talent.

I'd love to see him getting something like 15-20 snaps a game in the next couple weeks. At this point...why not??

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Quote:

Have to think that performance yesterday, particularly the runs in the fourth quarter, had to give everyone in that locker room even more respect for Jake as a man. Down three possessions, for a man that is clearly not at 100% to be out there still trying to create plays with his legs was incredible to watch. He's getting better as a football player and he continues to show why everyone in the coaching staff believes in him as a person.

Scared the crap outta me though, but I agree. Warrior and has become a beloved player of mine and I'm sure of his teammates.

Sig by Smack
Adopt-A-Titan: 1) Corey Davis 2) Tre McBride
NFL: Titans // NBA: Cavaliers // NHL: Blue Jackets
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:

Scared the crap outta me though, but I agree. Warrior and has become a beloved player of mine and I'm sure of his teammates.

Oh yeah. Every time it wasn't a three-step drop and throw, I was horrified. Just instantly yelling at him to get rid of the ball or hit the ground.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: