You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Titans 3-4 Bye Week Thoughts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titanium wrote:
-Munch- wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
And Bradford officially tore his ACL. Ouch. Poor Jeff.

We might face tebow after the bye then.

I'm not worried about the Titans because we've got a bunch of winnable games coming up. But you gotta believe that one of the wild-card spots is going to be locked up with Denver or KC. Indy will probably win the division. So that 2nd wild-card spot is up for grabs really. I'm not that worried about the AFC North teams (cleveland no, baltimore eh, pittsburgh no), or the AFC East. But that whole playoff race is going to be close

Maybe we'll be facing VY!!!

Wink Laughing

Laughing

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're not in the ideal position sitting two back of the Colts but we still are in a good spot. The second half of the season looks to be much easier than the first half(we played five top 10 defenses and five teams with a winning record).

And if we don't win the division, the 6th wildcard spot also looks very reachable. The teams who are ahead of us are the Chargers, Jets (both who've we beaten head to head) and the Dolphins (who I personally have my doubts about). Then you have the Ravens, Bills and even the Steelers still lurking around.

In the end, I think the AFC East teams will beat up on each other, which should knock some of them out the playoffs. What it really boils down to is that we just need to worry about ourselves and win our games then, we won't have to worry about what other teams do.
Titansfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the main things that is really starting to annoy me is the amount of stupud penalties we are giving away. I mean there were numerous holding and false start penalties early on yesterday when the game was still close that just killed drives from the get go.

Props to JammerHammer on the awesome sig!
lamont

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Colts fear Reggie Wayne tore his ACL during Sunday night's win over the Broncos.
Andrew Luck's inaccurate fourth quarter pass that caused Wayne to reach awkwardly turns out to be devastating. Not only is the 34-year-old Wayne a team leader, but he's led the Colts in catches, targets and yards during Luck's 1 1/2 seasons in Indy. T.Y. Hilton will have to step into an every-down role along with Darrius Heyward-Bey, although we wouldn't rule out a trade from aggressive GM Ryan Grigson before the Oct. 29 deadline. Hakeem Nicks, Kenny Britt and Josh Gordon are three talented wideouts that are rumored to be available.

Per RW. Cannot see the Titans trading him within the division however Irsay & Grigson are going all in this season. If they gave up a 2nd for ole kenny.... Twisted Evil Laughing

Edit..

Well there goes Luck's security blanket.

Quote:
A Monday MRI confirmed that Reggie Wayne sustained a torn ACL during Sunday night's win over the Broncos.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig

Last edited by lamont on Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Quote:
The Colts fear Reggie Wayne tore his ACL during Sunday night's win over the Broncos.
Andrew Luck's inaccurate fourth quarter pass that caused Wayne to reach awkwardly turns out to be devastating. Not only is the 34-year-old Wayne a team leader, but he's led the Colts in catches, targets and yards during Luck's 1 1/2 seasons in Indy. T.Y. Hilton will have to step into an every-down role along with Darrius Heyward-Bey, although we wouldn't rule out a trade from aggressive GM Ryan Grigson before the Oct. 29 deadline. Hakeem Nicks, Kenny Britt and Josh Gordon are three talented wideouts that are rumored to be available.

Per RW. Cannot see the Titans trading him within the division however Irsay & Grigson are going all in this season. If they gave up a 2nd for ole kenny.... Twisted Evil Laughing

Who the hell would want Kenny Britt when you can get Hakeem Nicks? That move would worry me if they got him granted his injury prone himself but when healthy could be a good weapon for Luck

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: GDT: Titans 3-4 Bye Week Thoughts Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
Heres a GDT i cant lose but im posting it now because the Titans have to start making some moves as we speak or atleast talk about them. I have 3 points i want to address during this bye the first 2 i think are possibilities with the 3rd being a stretch but i still want to hear what you think on it but heres 3 things i think should happen in the next 2 weeks

1) Darius Reynaud- He needs to be cut its too obvious. Literatly from the opening kickoff off of the season hes been a train wreck. Yes he finally had a good return after his muffed punt tonight but the majority of his kickoffs and punts have been bad. For some reason his other ST'ers arnt on the same page with him its time for a change. The kicker is Josh Cribbs was just sitting there until 5 days agao and gets signed by the Jets

2) Kenny Britt- He needs to be traded plain an simple. He doesnt get plays drawn up for him for the first 3 quarters hes not making an impact and hes been flagged way too much for a WR. Granted hes caught the last 2 balls that hes got his hands on he drew a penalty but if where just gonna wait till the 4th quarter for him to start playing with his talents its a waste. If they do decide to keep him let him return kicks atleast hes done it before but id rather get a pick an trade him

3) FIRE JERRY GRAY- This isnt an over reaction post this isnt me blaming the defense for anything im just saying our defense is fine i believe Williams so far has imput for blitz schemes and packages but i feel Gray takes his foot off the gas way too much. Hes a good coach but id feel better with Williams calling plays the rest of the season. I just think our defense needs another little wrinkle added to it and i think giving the keys to Greg Williams should be the way to go what do yous think?

Well got the first wish so far any chance we get the second wish in the next two weeks?

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually very pleased with the season to this point. Reynaud? Britt? Those are minor issues. You don't win in this league without a superstar QB and Jake - at least so far - is showing signs he can become that for us. The schedule gets a lot easier after the bye and if he can continue to improve, the future looks a lot brighter than it did two months ago. We just need to get the running game geared up - no reason it should be this pedestrian. I hope that's the focus on offense during the bye week.

Adopt a Titan 2017: Derrick Henry and Mike Mularkey
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
I'm actually very pleased with the season to this point. Reynaud? Britt? Those are minor issues. You don't win in this league without a superstar QB and Jake - at least so far - is showing signs he can become that for us. The schedule gets a lot easier after the bye and if he can continue to improve, the future looks a lot brighter than it did two months ago. We just need to get the running game geared up - no reason it should be this pedestrian. I hope that's the focus on offense during the bye week.

I disagree a bit with Britt being a minor issue. When a guy is killing drives and taking penalties hes hurting the football team and keep in min when i say taking penalties i dont mean the thing from yesterday all season long hes been called for holding or blocks in the back hes not winning games time to move on from him

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just don't let the Colts trade for Josh Gordon or Hakeem Nicks. Please don't let them trade for Josh Gordon or Hakeem Nicks.

Props to mike23md on the sig
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, how about Jake yesterday?

Even on a bad knee he played pretty well. Missed a couple passes that we've seen him make before, maybe that's partly on his knee..but considering the injury, not having had a full week of practice since the Jets game, he played pretty well. The only real bad decision/bad throw he made was the INT, which was really bad, but he bounced back from it.

If not for all the penalties that kept putting us in holes, Jake could have probably kept us in that game.

#MTGA
s_camp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
So, how about Jake yesterday?

Even on a bad knee he played pretty well. Missed a couple passes that we've seen him make before, maybe that's partly on his knee..but considering the injury, not having had a full week of practice since the Jets game, he played pretty well. The only real bad decision/bad throw he made was the INT, which was really bad, but he bounced back from it.

If not for all the penalties that kept putting us in holes, Jake could have probably kept us in that game.

25/41 (61%), 326 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, 92 passer rating. Jake played well, had one pass that was bad (the interception), and ran pretty well given the circumstances. Best of all he didn't get injured. Now he has two weeks to really finish healing up before a very important stretch to the end of the season.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Just don't let the Colts trade for Josh Gordon or Hakeem Nicks. Please don't let them trade for Josh Gordon or Hakeem Nicks.

They're going to pick up Michael Preston from our PS and he's going to light it up for them. Just our luck. Sad
lamont

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Texans waived DE Sam Montgomery.

I remember some texans fans saying they got the better DE out of LSU than the Titans(Edwards) back when the draft was going on. Shocked Laughing

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@hutton1045 14s
Munchak: Griffin is sore, moving around well but no word on MRI results. #Titans
Not as encouraging as I hoped.

Props to mike23md on the sig
titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
titanrick wrote:

I disagree a bit with Britt being a minor issue. When a guy is killing drives and taking penalties hes hurting the football team and keep in min when i say taking penalties i dont mean the thing from yesterday all season long hes been called for holding or blocks in the back hes not winning games time to move on from him

Minor issue as in it won't affect us beyond this season. If he's not traded soon, he'll be gone next year. I'm looking at the big picture of the Lombardi. In order to get one of those, you need a great QB (Flacco, being the exception to the rule). Jake is not there yet, but he's giving us reason for optimism as he grows into the position.

Adopt a Titan 2017: Derrick Henry and Mike Mularkey

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: