Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

5 UP 5 DOwn RaVENS Game 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kethnaab

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grubs10 wrote:
I don't know what it would mean for Jarvis Jones but I would love to have Anthony Barr in Pittsburgh. I wasn't thrilled when we picked Jarvis but think he has done well so far. Barr just looks like he could be a big time playmaker and difference maker in the NFL. I miss the days when we got pressure from both sides of the line consistently.

We probably won't have a chance at Barr nor will we really consider him since we have Jarvis and Wood, but does anyone think Jarvis could play inside? I like Vince Williams too so far but Barr just seems like an incredible prospect.

oh yes, been singing his praises since last October. Big fan, very big fan.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Barr, and if he were the clear BPA when we picked, I wouldnt be against it, but it would be hard to justify it considering Jones was the first pick last draft. If we didnt have many needs I would be all for it, but picking Barr would perhaps be wasting one of our first round picks....either the 2013 or 2014 one.

I would suggest perhaps sliding Jones to ILB, but if Williams keeps improving, that would be wasting him.

Only other option would to be trading Woodley, which I wouldnt be a fan of either.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
SteelProven

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: 5 Up/Down Ravens Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
Steeler Hitman wrote:
3rivers wrote:
Steeler Hitman wrote:
Five Up

1. Big Ben (played a solid game. Passing much more accurate than previous games.
2. The OL. Holy smokes they actually opened a few holes and got a push.
3. Bell displayed patience and good vision. His running gave the OL some confidence in my opinion.
4. Troy Polamalu, William Gay and LaMarr Woodley solid games.
5. Suisham is rock solid.

Five Down

1. No turnovers and one sack by Woodley.
2. FG's instead of TD's. Gotta stick the ball in the endzone. Another dropped TD pass this week (Moye).
3. Defense not make key stops when they need to (4th quarter Raven TD drive)
4. Heath Miller turnover. Gave the Ravens 3 points and possibly lost 3 points by fumbling.
5. Jason Worilds where are you?

Worilds was on the field the whole game on D. I don't think I saw Carter out there at all, and he deserves a chance since worilds has not lived up to 2nd round expectations. Anyone here think Carter should get a shot if Jones or Woodley can't go?

Sorry I missed seeing this. That was my point ThreeRivers, He did nothing. I agree Carter should get a shot if Worilds isn't getting it done.

Good and bad for Worilds which isn't as bad as fans are making it out to be.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/10/jason-takes-baltimore-the-bad/

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/10/jason-takes-baltimore-the-good/

He wasnt notably bad or notably good. All of those "goods" were reaches. On the one they say he helped Woodley get a sack and he quite clearly did nothing except get blocked out of the play. If he "helped" Woodley, its the loosest definition of "help".

It's called doing your job not every play is geared for a player to generate pressure. The Steelers on the specific play designed a play to get there best pass rusher on a RB. If Worilds doesn't attack up field Woodley has a harder time getting home.

Yay....Worlids ran the play it was supposed to be run.

I guess for him, something as minimal as running a play correctly is "good".

For a 4th year, 2nd round LB, that should be the norm. Unfortunately, it isnt.

With limited snaps Worilds has played well. Many still want to discredit him which is fine, but he's contributed. If not for a Polamalu off side penalty Worilds have his second sack of the season. He's played his part when called upon.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: 5 Up/Down Ravens Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
Steeler Hitman wrote:
3rivers wrote:
Steeler Hitman wrote:
Five Up

1. Big Ben (played a solid game. Passing much more accurate than previous games.
2. The OL. Holy smokes they actually opened a few holes and got a push.
3. Bell displayed patience and good vision. His running gave the OL some confidence in my opinion.
4. Troy Polamalu, William Gay and LaMarr Woodley solid games.
5. Suisham is rock solid.

Five Down

1. No turnovers and one sack by Woodley.
2. FG's instead of TD's. Gotta stick the ball in the endzone. Another dropped TD pass this week (Moye).
3. Defense not make key stops when they need to (4th quarter Raven TD drive)
4. Heath Miller turnover. Gave the Ravens 3 points and possibly lost 3 points by fumbling.
5. Jason Worilds where are you?

Worilds was on the field the whole game on D. I don't think I saw Carter out there at all, and he deserves a chance since worilds has not lived up to 2nd round expectations. Anyone here think Carter should get a shot if Jones or Woodley can't go?

Sorry I missed seeing this. That was my point ThreeRivers, He did nothing. I agree Carter should get a shot if Worilds isn't getting it done.

Good and bad for Worilds which isn't as bad as fans are making it out to be.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/10/jason-takes-baltimore-the-bad/

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/10/jason-takes-baltimore-the-good/

He wasnt notably bad or notably good. All of those "goods" were reaches. On the one they say he helped Woodley get a sack and he quite clearly did nothing except get blocked out of the play. If he "helped" Woodley, its the loosest definition of "help".

It's called doing your job not every play is geared for a player to generate pressure. The Steelers on the specific play designed a play to get there best pass rusher on a RB. If Worilds doesn't attack up field Woodley has a harder time getting home.

Yay....Worlids ran the play it was supposed to be run.

I guess for him, something as minimal as running a play correctly is "good".

For a 4th year, 2nd round LB, that should be the norm. Unfortunately, it isnt.

With limited snaps Worilds has played well. Many still want to discredit him which is fine, but he's contributed. If not for a Polamalu off side penalty Worilds have his second sack of the season. He's played his part when called upon.

I'll admit he hasnt sucked, but for a 4th year guy that was a second round pick, he is still not playing "well". He still doesnt generate consistent pressure, is not a force in the run game, and most of his pressures/sacks are the result of the QB holding the ball too long or him being uncontested to the QB.

Playing well for a backup. I can give you that. Still has no business starting.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it wod cost $$$ to cut Woodley now, I believe after the 14' season cutting Woodley might make some financial sense.

They've restructured his deal numerous times.

If they went Barr or Mack...they can let them rotate in 1st year and start in 2015.

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: