Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

5 UP 5 DOwn RaVENS Game 1
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: 5 UP 5 DOwn RaVENS Game 1 Reply with quote

5 UP

1. Suisham
2. OLINe run push.
3. Willie Gay coming up with a few big plays
4. Timmons made a lot of plays
5. Troy was up for this game

5 DOWN

1. Heath had his ups and downs
2. Jarvis Jones didnt get to play
3. As much as I like the win ...we've got a lot of work to do and I hate the idea of drafting in the middle of the pack again if we dont make or show little in the playoffs...
4. I really dont have much to complain about so I'm reaching for things
5. see #4

...you have a forum resume?
rollins

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ups:

1. Timmons- He was in the backfield all day. Great in coverage as well. Playing at an All-Pro level.
2. Troy- He's BAAAAAACK!!!
3. OL- Played their best game of the season. They were great in run blocking and solid in pass protection.
4. Le'Veon Bell- Has a great understanding of when to be patient and when to cut and go.
5. Woodley- Finally adjusting to being Batman instead of Robin.
6. DL- Controlled the line of scrimmage for most of the game and freeing up the LB's to make plays.

Downs:

1. Injuries to the OL
2. Still not getting consistent pressure other than Woodley. He needs Jarvis to step up his pass rush and the be the Robin to Woodley's Batman
3. Clark looks as if his age has caught up to him.
4. To many FG's instead of TD's
5. No TO's for the D
JLambert58

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up:
1 Beating Baltimore/2 game winning streak
2 Running game/OLine/Bell looked much improved (& shoutout to F. Jones)
3 Ben & AB were clutch
4 Defense looked good again - solid effort from a lot of guys
5 Sushi
6 Bonus - V. Williams (i believe) hammered their kicker on the ill-advised onside kick

Down:
1 Heath didn't have his best game
2 Whimper played
3 Allowing the last TD
4 Suggs got his hands on Ben
5 Lost Gilbert to quad injury
LTF

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ups:

1. David DeCastro was awesome. Was destroying Ravens all night. If this is the player we're getting we've picked us a straight stud. He's gotten better every week but this was a tour de force performance.

2. Le'Veon Bell: I can see the Forte comparison. Such great vision and patience.

3. Antonio Brown: He was big when we needed him to be. Such a great route runner and he's really turning into the big time wideout we lost when we traded Santonio away.

4. Velasco/O-line in general: I know it's fun to hate on Pouncey now, but we've got to find a way to keep this guy. He's so solid at the point. Props to the tackles as well....really battled all night.

5. Ben: Doing Ben things. It's the second straight week he's had a dropped TD pass (that was a beauty to Moye). Over the last month he's been an absolute stud....definitely need him to keep it up going forward if they're to turn this around.

Down:

1. No downs this week, I thought damn near everyone played above the line as Tomlin says this week. Woodley and Timmons were studs. Shamarko and Troy were all over the place. The d-line dominated the line and shut down the Ravens run game. Taylor, Allen, and Gay all had good games.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPs
1.Beachum
2.Bell
3.Timmons
4.Heyward
5.Suisham

DOWNs
1.Hood
2.Kiesel
3.Worilds

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
rollins

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
Up:
1 Beating Baltimore/2 game winning streak
2 Running game/OLine/Bell looked much improved (& shoutout to F. Jones)
3 Ben & AB were clutch
4 Defense looked good again - solid effort from a lot of guys
5 Sushi
6 Bonus - V. Williams (i believe) hammered their kicker on the ill-advised onside kick

Down:
1 Heath didn't have his best game
2 Whimper played
3 Allowing the last TD
4 Suggs got his hands on Ben
5 Lost Gilbert to quad injury

It was actually Sly that put the kicker in the dirt. Williams recovered the ball.
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPs:

1. Wildcat formation/offensive play calling. We've been berating Haley all season...he deserves some praise for the unique play-calling at times.

2. Bell looks like a keeper. He's still missing some "reads", but that will come with experience. He ran hard and smart most of the time and was patient.

3. Woodley now has 5 sacks on the season and should be 5.5 if not for dumb penalty on Troy. He's back in full form, but as was mentioned by rollins, he's the only guy getting pressure consistently. (Yep, he's on my SFFMD team Very Happy )

4. Timmons was all over the place today--17 total tackles--(also on my SFFMD team Very Happy )

5. Suisham is clutch...no doubt about it--(NOT on my SFFMD team Sad )

DOWNs

1. Penalties at inopportune times (I know, when are they ever opportune), but we had a sack wiped away, and then another when we were inside the 5 that backed us up.

2. Heath Miller--the fumble and he also had a drop that he should have caught...he just wasn't his normal "Heath-ness".

3. Letting the Ravens tie the game late...just would like to put this team away early, like we did on Monday night back in 2007, beating them 38-7.

4. Sanders stepping out of bounds when we could have iced the game on his KR for a TD. He should be more careful when skirting the sideline, but can't be too upset with him...he did have a nice return overall, just frustrating to think we put them away, only to realize, we didn't.

5. The Bengals won again...looks like they'll be tough to catch for the division...that's right, I'm thinking playoffs!!

Props to Jamison on the image!!!
Raven's Fan-
mounimonster wrote:
Lol..The only people taking Brown are...Pittsburgh fans....This poll shouldn't be close...
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More people should have Tomlin as an up consdiering how often he was listed as a down during our losing streak.

It wouldve been easy for this team to come out of the bye week flat and unmotivated, but now, they look determined and more focused. Im sure some will say "Tomlin shouldve had them like this since the beginning"...well, okay, Ill give you that, but it doesnt change the fact that despite and 0-4 start, this team is playing even harder.

They played hard in the 4 losses too. That wasnt the issue. Mental mistakes and poor execution were.

Im not saying Tomlin has been great this year by any means, but for as much hate as he got the first 4 weeks, he deserves some credit after beating a division rival in a critical game and beating a Jets team that just beat the Pats.

This team is still capable of sticking with pretty much every team. Not sure they can overcome the bad start, but they arent the lost cause many made them out to be the first 4 weeks. (and this applies to the non Steeler fans as well who were suggesting we trade away all of our good players and start from scratch).

And before anyone claims this is an overreaction on my part...it isnt. I completely recognize this team still needs alot of work, but MY point is this team just needs tweaks and some additional parts going forward...not a complete overhaul.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UP

1. Shaun Suisham - Perfect for the game with the clutch GW FG at the end. He's been as consistent as anyone on this team the past year plus.
2. Le'Veon Bell - The OL did a terrific job of opening holes and Bell took advantage of it by having a real nice day. He hit those holes and ran hard all day.
3. Lawrence Timmons - He was everywhere. Easily his best game of the year.
4. Different looks on offense - Haley put in some different wrinkles that we haven't seen.
5. Run defense - The Ravens didn't do much on the ground.

DOWN

1. One offensive TD - Once again the Steelers offense managed to put up only a single touchdown on the board. Suisham has been automatic but they must start getting TDs instead of FGs.
2. Jason Worilds - He didn't take advantage of his opportunity with Jones out of the lineup.
3. Derrick Moye's drop - It was perfectly thrown and should have been a TD. When the offense has trouble scoring touchdowns plays like that need to be made.
4. Five out of six games without creating a turnover - Don't want to get in this bad habit again.
5. Ravens TD drive - An 8 minute drive where the Ravens marched down the field to tie it late.

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
3rivers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up

1. O play calling , extra OL, and staying with bell and the run. Props to Haley
2. Bell - he has vision and patience, and if the line ever improves or actually becomes a functional unit, he could improve on his 4.9 ypc he had today. Lets hope they rub Bell 25 times a game and have patience
3. Troy
4. Suisham - the new Gary Anderson
5. Fouts is better than simms Laughing

Down
1. rivalry has lost it's rage, even say Ravvens players waiting for other team mates to make the tackle
2. Woodley letting up on the one sack as if flacco was going to go out of bounds
3.Injury to Gilbert and then learning that wimper is ahead of Adams on the depth chart. However, wimper seemed to play decent so maybe he will be an improvement.
4. If the steelers keep making adjustments as they did this week, no high draft picks. Not sure how well this team will improve, but at least the coaches are making some changes.
5. D still has issues with pressure and turnovers. LeBeaus needs to adjust his scheme to the players strengths and stop trying to make players fit his scheme when they can't. Woodley got a bit of pressure, but I never saw enough of pressure.
The Curtain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
More people should have Tomlin as an up consdiering how often he was listed as a down during our losing streak.

It wouldve been easy for this team to come out of the bye week flat and unmotivated, but now, they look determined and more focused. Im sure some will say "Tomlin shouldve had them like this since the beginning"...well, okay, Ill give you that, but it doesnt change the fact that despite and 0-4 start, this team is playing even harder.

They played hard in the 4 losses too. That wasnt the issue. Mental mistakes and poor execution were.

Im not saying Tomlin has been great this year by any means, but for as much hate as he got the first 4 weeks, he deserves some credit after beating a division rival in a critical game and beating a Jets team that just beat the Pats.

This team is still capable of sticking with pretty much every team. Not sure they can overcome the bad start, but they arent the lost cause many made them out to be the first 4 weeks. (and this applies to the non Steeler fans as well who were suggesting we trade away all of our good players and start from scratch).

And before anyone claims this is an overreaction on my part...it isnt. I completely recognize this team still needs alot of work, but MY point is this team just needs tweaks and some additional parts going forward...not a complete overhaul.

Agreed. Their two wins this season come against the defending SB champs who are their biggest rival, and they pretty much beat the crap out of the team that just beat the Pats. And they really should of beat the Bengals, too.

Offensive Line looked good run blocking today, against a pretty good front seven too.
Dcash4

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a few thoughts on the game.

- Was not a big fan of the 2nd round RB, but if Bell can be that guy for the next 7-8 years and we don't worry about that position, I'm happy. I think hes done well so far, and with as much time as he missed in pre-season as a rookie he has been very solid. Keeps improving each week.

- LOVED the offensive movements/shifts/motions. Asked for this in week 1 and 2. Our receivers are very good once they get away from people and can work in space. Allowing Brown to be moving around before the snaps helps him where he is weakest in that 5 yard range on the line of scrimmage.

- Overall really liked the offensive game plan, sans the wildcat (dont like the idea of EVER taking the ball out of Ben's hands). Still completely game planning around the lack of an offensive line...but Haley seems to be finding a grove with play-calling around that giant weakness. It can absolutely get a lot better, but i think most of that starts upfront.

- This isn't going to be a top 5 defense. I don't care. Make the plays you need to make and limit the other teams when you can. We look a TON more athletic now. Shark and a healthy Troy help that. Willie Gay also having himself a nice season.

- Sushi. End of explanation.

-Special teams moves. Great call to have Sanders in there at the end when we needed a big one. I may be in the minority, but I really like Brown as our punt returner. Pretty sure he is being red-light/green-light on all punt returns though, with most being red.

Still a lot of winnable games on the schedule. Too bad that damn Bengals just wont lose in OT!
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Velasco is this good, I say we move Pouncey to LG next year... Can you imagine how dominant that trio can be in their prime with a young LeVeon Bell?!

Shocked
grubs10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
If Velasco is this good, I say we move Pouncey to LG next year... Can you imagine how dominant that trio can be in their prime with a young LeVeon Bell?!

Shocked

It will be interesting to see what happens. Its probably in the best interest of the team but he is only 24 years old and is a 3 time probowler/all pro at center so I highly doubt he will be excited about a position change

^Props to jgutowski24 on the Sweet Wiz Style Sig^
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The chances of Pouncey being moved to LG are low, however, the chance of Velasco being moved there are quite good IMO

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: