Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

List of people who should be gone in 2014
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cole416

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: List of people who should be gone in 2014 Reply with quote

Kubiak
Marciano
Ed Reed
Brooks Reed
Brice Mccain
Matt Schaub
Derek Newton

anyone else that i should add?
4 TDs
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Kubiak's name should be taken off the list depending on how the remainder of the season goes. He coached a helluva game today, covering for the ineptitude of his players with well timed timeouts on several occasions. I think Keshawn Martin needs replacing as well. he's nothing special on returns or in the passing game.

LORK88
kanedafx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAtexansFAN99 wrote:
I think Kubiak's name should be taken off the list depending on how the remainder of the season goes. He coached a helluva game today, covering for the ineptitude of his players with well timed timeouts on several occasions.

Joke?
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marciano
Wade
Martin
Newton
McCain
Ed Reed
Newton
Sharpton
Mays
Newton
everyone on kick coverage, kick return, punt coverage, punt return
Newton

and for those who keep pounding OD and saying get rid of him, I hope you realize how good he is in comparison to GG especially in blocking......Graham should go before OD

PS, I am torn about Gary. I thought he coached an alright game, I will say his ability to adjust the line is maddening, but is he just handcuffed in talent at RT? What happened to Harris, he was in (for what I saw) one series and we got a TD, whered he go....

I liked our pistol form with Keenum and loved his aggressiveness, it proves he still has it in him, but our blocking is garbage....I think our OL needs an overhaul
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAtexansFAN99 wrote:
I think Kubiak's name should be taken off the list depending on how the remainder of the season goes. He coached a helluva game today, covering for the ineptitude of his players with well timed timeouts on several occasions. I think Keshawn Martin needs replacing as well. he's nothing special on returns or in the passing game.

...I'm taking it you didn't actually WATCH the game. Or, perhaps you were watching the Buffalo game and mistook the Bills for the Texans?

In no way can you look at anything Kubiak did today and come away with "He coached a helluva game" is mind boggling. Literally. I mean, HOW can you say that? Did you not see the guy not adjust a SINGLE thing about his OL assignments, right in the middle of the most fierce pass rush this team has seen? Did you watch the guy completely botch the clock in not one, but TWO separate halves? Did you see him try to play the #5 D in the NFL, with the best pass rush in the NFL, with two OLBs who right now have a combined 20 sack...by EMPTYING THE DAMN BACKFIELD AND GOING FIVE WIDE?

No. There's nothing you can say that will convince me you watched the game. You looked at the stat sheet, you saw Case threw for a ton of yards and a TD, you saw Jamaal Charles somewhat bottled up, you saw that we lost by a point to an undefeated team, and you make this statement.

Watch the game before you post, please. Makes you look more knowledgeable.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wades a good DC but we need better.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kanedafx wrote:
PAtexansFAN99 wrote:
I think Kubiak's name should be taken off the list depending on how the remainder of the season goes. He coached a helluva game today, covering for the ineptitude of his players with well timed timeouts on several occasions.

Joke?

Jeez, don't make me start agreeing with kane. If you think Kubiak did anything but coach a defeat out of victory you did not watch this game. Only a Texan fan would give Kubiak "credit" for calling timeout to avoid a 12 men in the huddle penalty on the 1 yard line, when sending 12 men into the huddle is HIS complete failure since he calls the offensive plays and is responsible for having the right personnel on the field. It is EXACTLY why the HC should NOT be the primary playcaller as there are CRITICAL decisions a HC must make independent of OC duties such as challenge calls and go/kick that he clearly cannot multi-task on despite his micromanaging need to do so. Even though I don't think GG got in, throwing the challenge flag there would have also mitigated the mistake of 12 men in the huddle AND given us a chance for the TD on review and time to get a playcall better than that empty backfield abortion. BTW - the other TO you reference burned another TO when the officials failed to reset the playclock and he panicked instead of letting it run out which would have led to a simple resetting of the clock when the back judge acknowledged his mistake. Think we needed that one at the end of the half?

EDITED BY MODS: Sorry Apollo--though I agree with you, you can't directly attack other forum members, regardless of their comments. Let the mods handle it. PM me if you have concerns.

-GP

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting rid of Derek Newton is a good idea if you want to see Arian Foster play like he did in 2012. Lol at scapegoating Newton(or anyone on the O-Line) because Keenum has no poise and looks to run and does not keep his eyes downfield if there's even a hint of pressure. Terrible fanbase.
Cole416

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
Getting rid of Derek Newton is a good idea if you want to see Arian Foster play like he did in 2012. Lol at scapegoating Newton(or anyone on the O-Line) because Keenum has no poise and looks to run and does not keep his eyes downfield if there's even a hint of pressure. Terrible fanbase.

joke joke joke? i don't think you've seen a texans game before.
4 TDs
kenney

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:

What are you talking about?

Newton is a fine run-blocker, yes, but he's an abysmal pass-blocker, regardless for whom he's protecting. He's so bad that he's being platooned with Ryan Harris, who seems to be creeping into outright replacing him as the starter.

While we're at it, who do you think Keenum is? "Looks to run,"? He may or may not be a good backup quarterback, but if I made a list of quarterbacks who likely aren't "looking to run" on any given dropback, Keenum would be near the top.

Given your last quip, I suppose you're simply trolling. You can either buttress your assertions with a discernible argument or you can kindly refrain from posting here, both from your own benefit and for ours.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:

Normally you come in here with DECENT stats and a average opinion, now you're trolling and showing your LACK of knowledge anything Texans related, thanks for wasting our time reading this garbage post. May we never cross paths again, as wasting my time is something Im not fond of
x0x

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say Rick Smith.

Gary Kubiak has taken the Texans too far to be let go now. Yes it's a down season but this would only be his 3rd losing season in 8 and for this franchise that's pretty good. Smith has not done the best job at getting talent on this team when you think about it.
kidnextdoor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely should be gone:
Joe Marciano
Ed Reed
Matt Schaub
Derek Newton
Randy Bullock

Probably should be gone:
Kubiak
Brice McCain
Owen Daniels
Keshawn Martin

Move Brooks Reed inside, draft 1 or 2 outside pass rushers in next years draft
texans_uk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
I'd say Rick Smith.

Gary Kubiak has taken the Texans too far to be let go now. Yes it's a down season but this would only be his 3rd losing season in 8 and for this franchise that's pretty good. Smith has not done the best job at getting talent on this team when you think about it.

Go away.

mse326

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
I'd say Rick Smith.

This team is stacked. That is because of Rick Smith. The play is because of Kubiak.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: