Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 7 Game Ball?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Player of the game?
Colin Kaepernick
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
Frank Gore
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
Anquan Boldin
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
Justin Smith
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Tramaine Brock
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 19

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Week 7 Game Ball? Reply with quote

Some of the stats may change a bit, but I'm not waiting until the game is over Laughing .

Colin Kaepernick 13-21 199 yards, 8 rushes 70 yards 1 TD

Frank Gore 24 carries 70 yards, 2 TDs, 2 catches 34 yards

Anquan Boldin 5 catches 74 yards

Justin Smith 3 tackles, 2 TFLs, 2 sacks

Tramaine Brock 2 PDs, 1 INT

Last edited by J-ALL-DAY on Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough week - a lot of guys just did their job and got the whole thing done.

I'm going to go off the board and give it to the Special Teams unit - specifically Morris/Spillman/Osgood. They need some love.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 22nd All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #21, Ricky Watters: 29
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 354
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go with the special teams, for the game ball. Seriously, those guys had an amazing game. Spillman had an amazing tackle on that punt return where the guy was reversing the field and would have had a lot of daylight, but Spillman caught him for negative yards. Morris created the fumble that led to Osgood's TD. Osgood had the TD. Kyle Williams had a good punt return. Ventrone was great too. They are the guys that caught my eyes all game.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
Tough week - a lot of guys just did their job and got the whole thing done.

I'm going to go off the board and give it to the Special Teams unit - specifically Morris/Spillman/Osgood. They need some love.

Exactly what I was thinking. Everyone just did their jobs. I was thinking "Did Kap have a great game? No. Gore? Pretty good again, but he wasn't the clincher. Anyone on D? Not really. Brock is playing great, but so was everyone. But those special teams, though..."

AZniner31

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Special teams would have been my pick had they been there so I went with Boldin. Really got our offense going with those catches in the first half. Cowboy was close.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
I'd go with the special teams, for the game ball. Seriously, those guys had an amazing game. Spillman had an amazing tackle on that punt return where the guy was reversing the field and would have had a lot of daylight, but Spillman caught him for negative yards. Morris created the fumble that led to Osgood's TD. Osgood had the TD. Kyle Williams had a good punt return. Ventrone was great too. They are the guys that caught my eyes all game.

Well, not sure Morris caused the fumble as Raynaud had already muffed it before he got hit.

But I'm actually going with Kaepernick. He played very well aside from the INT that he got bailed out on. Kaepernick was great with his legs and made some very nice throws to put us up 24-0.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brock only had 1 INT. Or did I miss something??

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually going off the board and giving it to Greg Roman. As maligned as he is on this message board, i thought he called a very, very good game today, and I give him a ton of credit for sticking with the run despite Gore's paltry YPC, and I think it paid off in big ways. Seeing a little bit of the zone read option come back was night; if he can continue to strike a happy medium when using that, I think Kaep can finally start to fall back into a place he's comfortable.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwentundrafted wrote:
Brock only had 1 INT. Or did I miss something??

He did, my bad.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
I'm actually going off the board and giving it to Greg Roman. As maligned as he is on this message board, i thought he called a very, very good game today, and I give him a ton of credit for sticking with the run despite Gore's paltry YPC, and I think it paid off in big ways. Seeing a little bit of the zone read option come back was night; if he can continue to strike a happy medium when using that, I think Kaep can finally start to fall back into a place he's comfortable.

Agreed, Roman's play calls were on point all game, as well as Kaepernick's audibles.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

Well, not sure Morris caused the fumble as Raynaud had already muffed it before he got hit.

But I'm actually going with Kaepernick. He played very well aside from the INT that he got bailed out on. Kaepernick was great with his legs and made some very nice throws to put us up 24-0.

Sure, he muffed it before the hit, but the coverage was perfect and caused him to muff it in the first place. I do give Morris credit for playing a great game on ST. Not only that muff, but all game long. I saw his number several times.

And Forge, I agree with the gameplan helping Kap get comfortable. That's what I was thinking all game long, that Kap, though not playing an awesome game, looked more comfortable than he has since week 1. He never heard imaginary footsteps, didn't step into the pass rush, didn't force too many throws, and even lobbed a few passes. The pass he dropped in to Boldin in the first quarter has to be the most air he has ever given to a ball and gave the receiver a chance to make a play on the ball, for a change.

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaepernick's final stats didn't look great, but I felt he absolutely played a damn good game. He was mid-way through the 4th quarter at:

13-16 199 yards
6 rushes 54 yards TD

And he made some great adjustments on the LOS. Not only that, but a few of the 3rd down conversions were huge.

Morris did play a good game on STs even if he didn't cause the fumble.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as they mentioned that Justin was playing with a bum shoulder and he was still working the LT Roos I think is his name I gave it to him. The guy is amazing Boldin and his Spiderman grabs was my #2.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kaep for me, he was actually going through his progressions. that pass to bruce early on (I think it was his second throw) really showed me a lot, bruce was his third read I believe. started to look right and then came back to the left and found the open guy. that was something he wasnt doing in previous weeks. Lets hope he keeps it up, because if he gets that part of his game down he will be impossible to stop. Lots of good audibles as well and obviously it was great to see him run around today.

I dont think anyone had a bad game. except the barbie dahl. what a pathetic attempt at a tackle on that johnson catch. hes the worst. I never want to see him in at S again. hes horrendous. please please please cut this scrub!
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
kaep for me, he was actually going through his progressions. that pass to bruce early on (I think it was his second throw) really showed me a lot, bruce was his third read I believe. started to look right and then came back to the left and found the open guy. that was something he wasnt doing in previous weeks. Lets hope he keeps it up, because if he gets that part of his game down he will be impossible to stop. Lots of good audibles as well and obviously it was great to see him run around today.

I dont think anyone had a bad game. except the barbie dahl. what a pathetic attempt at a tackle on that johnson catch. hes the worst. I never want to see him in at S again. hes horrendous. please please please cut this scrub!

He definitely took a bad attempt on Johnson (so did half the defense, but I assume you don't want to cut all of them?), but he was also responsible for saving a touchdown on a late kick return. Nobody wants to see him at safety, as that means both Reid and Whitner went down since he's the 4th safety, but again - we don't need to and SHOULDN'T cut one our better special teams players. The whole unit's playing well, and we don't need to mess with that.

We have some really bizarre misconceptions of players on this team as a forum. To me, this is just a few steps below the 'Andy Lee is having a bad season' thing, considering it's the only bad play Dahl has had all season. But I guess when people have their minds made up, it's made up.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 22nd All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #21, Ricky Watters: 29
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 354

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: