Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fast forward to 12/30/13
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buccaneer4life

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Fast forward to 12/30/13 Reply with quote

This will be the first day of the 2014 season and by all aciunts prob a new regime in Tampa. Schiano will def be gone and Dominick is on very thin ice. We will more then likely have a top 3 pick.....again. If your the Glazers who are you calling to fill your head coaching vacancy, and what are you doing with a top 3 pick. For arguments sake lets say that Mike Glennon plays decent enough to like him but not good enough to call him your franchise QB. For head coach i think we need a guy that has NFL hrad coaching experience. I think if we get a guy that is a proven winner then we can have success much like this years Chiefs. Lovie Smith, Tom Coughlin, Bill Cowher would head my list followed by Mike Zimmer. In the draft if Bridgewater is gone then I'm taking Clowney. If both are gone then i trade down and take Johnny Maziel. This town needs excitement and Manziel certainly brings that.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me Zimmer for HC and Manziel for QB

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
BucBall_76

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Fast forward to 12/30/13 Reply with quote

Buccaneer4life wrote:
This will be the first day of the 2014 season and by all aciunts prob a new regime in Tampa. Schiano will def be gone and Dominick is on very thin ice. We will more then likely have a top 3 pick.....again. If your the Glazers who are you calling to fill your head coaching vacancy, and what are you doing with a top 3 pick. For arguments sake lets say that Mike Glennon plays decent enough to like him but not good enough to call him your franchise QB. For head coach i think we need a guy that has NFL hrad coaching experience. I think if we get a guy that is a proven winner then we can have success much like this years Chiefs. Lovie Smith, Tom Coughlin, Bill Cowher would head my list followed by Mike Zimmer. In the draft if Bridgewater is gone then I'm taking Clowney. If both are gone then i trade down and take Johnny Maziel. This town needs excitement and Manziel certainly brings that.

Just give me a winner. ill take a score of 9-6 all day, as long as we have 9.

"There's something to be said for guys that want to be Miami Hurricanes."- Al Golden - TBA Trust, Belief, Accountability
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zimmer for HC. He should be the top choice. Lovie will also get some consideration. I can see us sounding out Dungy for a front office role. Rich McKay is available as a GM candidate, but it's doubtful he would come back. We should pursue Eric DeCosta from Baltimore. Again, he may not want to leave his current post, but if we offer enough money and the right situation, he could be tempted away from Baltimore.

With the pick, we should either trade up for the franchise QB, trade back for picks or draft an O-lineman. I'm not impressed with Clowney this season, but that has time to change.

The question is whether Bridgewater is a true franchise guy, or whether his draft stock is just high as he is the perceived top QB. If we don't think Bridgewater is the guy, I don't want to burn a pick on him. Go BPA. If Glennon develops, we can use him as a game manager while we wait on our franchise guy.

Lavonte David

117 Tackles
6 Sacks
5 Interception
14 Pass Breakups
1 Safety
1 Ridiculous Fine
Buccaneer4life

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buc Ball wrote:
Zimmer for HC. He should be the top choice. Lovie will also get some consideration. I can see us sounding out Dungy for a front office role. Rich McKay is available as a GM candidate, but it's doubtful he would come back. We should pursue Eric DeCosta from Baltimore. Again, he may not want to leave his current post, but if we offer enough money and the right situation, he could be tempted away from Baltimore.

With the pick, we should either trade up for the franchise QB, trade back for picks or draft an O-lineman. I'm not impressed with Clowney this season, but that has time to change.

The question is whether Bridgewater is a true franchise guy, or whether his draft stock is just high as he is the perceived top QB. If we don't think Bridgewater is the guy, I don't want to burn a pick on him. Go BPA. If Glennon develops, we can use him as a game manager while we wait on our franchise guy.

Well said. I would love to get Clowney too. He would also bring a lot of buzz to this town.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if Glennon has an almost 2:1 TD/Int ratio, close to a 60 % pass completion and over 6yds/attempt? I don't expect it to translate into many wins because the defensive philosophy is brutal. Would he still be considered merely a back-up and at best a game manager? I'm really not sure what the answer would be, but Glennon has at least showed me he has a little more mobility then I have given him credit for.

After Teddy, would there be better options to draft in the first round if Glennon achieves close to those numbers?
Buccaneer4life

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Dominick stays then maybe he'll make a "big splash" in the hiring of his head coach, much like how he is done in recent offseasons with free agent acquisitions.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
What if Glennon has an almost 2:1 TD/Int ratio, close to a 60 % pass completion and over 6yds/attempt? I don't expect it to translate into many wins because the defensive philosophy is brutal. Would he still be considered merely a back-up and at best a game manager? I'm really not sure what the answer would be, but Glennon has at least showed me he has a little more mobility then I have given him credit for.

After Teddy, would there be better options to draft in the first round if Glennon achieves close to those numbers?

I'm not sure it matters what Glennon does if we get a new coach and GM. They will likely want their guy and see Glennon as a solid back-up, which is not a bad thing.
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buccaneer4life wrote:
If Dominick stays then maybe he'll make a "big splash" in the hiring of his head coach, much like how he is done in recent offseasons with free agent acquisitions.
Dominick will be fired before Schiano does. He is long and gone when black Friday rolls around with Schiano standing right behind him.

I don't think Bridgewater is that "cant miss prospect" either but his feel for the game, accuracy, mobility, and pocket awareness makes him a safe pick. Clowney on this defensive line would be sick though. We plug Clowney in at LDE and our pass rush could be deadly every play. We'll see how many QB's come out, for now TB is still my #1 guy. Hundley/Mariota/Manziel just don't do it for me yet at #2 overall. After that Stanford game, Hundley could use some more seasoning.
Buccaneer4life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
Buccaneer4life wrote:
Dominick will be fired before Schiano does. He is long and gone when black Friday rolls around with Schiano standing right behind him.

I don't think Bridgewater is that "cant miss prospect" either but his feel for the game, accuracy, mobility, and pocket awareness makes him a safe pick. Clowney on this defensive line would be sick though. We plug Clowney in at LDE and our pass rush could be deadly every play. We'll see how many QB's come out, for now TB is still my #1 guy. Hundley/Mariota/Manziel just don't do it for me yet at #2 overall. After that Stanford game, Hundley could use some more seasoning.

If it's not Bridgewater which will prob go #1 then i think we have to go with Clowney. A pass rushing defensive play maker never hurt anyone whether you need one or not.
SappDaddyDance

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buccaneer4life wrote:
indifference wrote:
Buccaneer4life wrote:

Is Clowney really number two pick ready. The more and more we have this "Clowney Watch" the less I want him as a prospect on this team. Kind of screams out Red Flag. I feel like this is a deep draft and if we can slide back to maybe like 5 amd grab Barr from UCLA. I would rather do that instead. Additionally I do think we need to add a Franchise type QB in this draft and I am starting to become more enamored in guys lime Blake Bortles amd Derrick Carr. Maybe grab Barr at 5 and draft Carr or Bortles(if he declares), in round 2

If it's not Bridgewater which will prob go #1 then i think we have to go with Clowney. A pass rushing defensive play maker never hurt anyone whether you need one or not.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foolish to get rid or Dominick....has made great splashes in FA and had really good drafts... prolly the best 3 drafts this team has had since 94-96
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haggis wrote:
Foolish to get rid or Dominick....has made great splashes in FA and had really good drafts... prolly the best 3 drafts this team has had since 94-96

and we have won what exactly under him? 2010 was such a great draft. 4 picks in the top 75 and we have 1 left on this team while players such as Dunlap, Gronk, Graham, Verner all went within those three picks. Getting any 2 or 3 of those guys and we have only one need in a QB and a Coaching staff.

Dom has done some great stuff and I wouldnt mind if he is giving a different spot in the organization. Something has to change though

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haggis wrote:

2009:

Josh Freeman
Roy Miller
Kyle Moore
Xavier Fulton
EJ Biggers
Sammie Stroughter

2010:

Gerald Mccoy
Brian Price
Arrelious Benn
Myron Lewis
Mike Williams
Brent Bowden
Cody Grimm
Dekoda Watson
Erik Lorig

2011:

Adrian Clayborn
Daquan Bowers
Mason Foster
Luke Stocker
Ahmad Black
Allen Bradford
Anthony Gaitor
Daniel Hardy

2012:

Mark Barron
Doug Martin
Lavonte David
Najee Goode
Keith Tandy
Michael Smith
Drake Dunsmore

2013:

Jonathan Banks
Mike Glennon
William Gholston
Steven Means
Mike James

Not going to judge 2013, way too early.

I bolded the "good" picks, although those are somewhat questionable as well (Anthony Gaitor, Mark Barron..). That's roughly 10 good picks out of 30.

You can be the judge of that for yourself, but to say he has had "really good drafts" isn't really accurate. 2009 was definitely a disaster. Also, despite investing heavily into the defensive line, we still blow there outside of Mccoy, the easiest pick ever.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:

Not going to judge 2013, way too early.

I bolded the "good" picks, although those are somewhat questionable as well (Anthony Gaitor, Mark Barron..). That's roughly 10 good picks out of 30.

You can be the judge of that for yourself, but to say he has had "really good drafts" isn't really accurate. 2009 was definitely a disaster. Also, despite investing heavily into the defensive line, we still blow there outside of Mccoy, the easiest pick ever.

Clayborn will be better with a competent coach that doesnt stand him up and stunt him half the game (SMH)

But the glaring thing is the lack of O-Line help. It's shown this year too. We locked up two terrible players in Joesph and Trueblood. Luckily we cut Trueblood, but Joesph is showing his true colors now. Hopefully we cut bait with him and can rework Penn and Nicks deals. Both are above average, with Nicks elite when healthy. There is just ALOT to fix.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: