Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys reportedly $31 million over 2014 cap.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
91jmay


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 23101
Location: Wonderland
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Cowboys reportedly $31 million over 2014 cap. Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/9854353/dallas-cowboys-projected-31-million-salary-cap-2014

An unnamed executive has called the situation a 'trainwreck'. Do the Boys have any contracts that can come off the books to alleviate this situation. I know they are always projected to go over and find a way to get under, but $31 Million? That is BIG.
_________________
big_palooka wrote:

He's going to last until the 20's, quote that.


On Bridgewater.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
RaidersAreOne


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 8002
Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes. Jerry is turning into Al. What the hell do they do?
_________________

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the Sio sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 80305
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they will restructure and cut some of the fat, its a huge number but id be surprised if they cut someone of major value
_________________


Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo


Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Neutral


Joined: 08 Mar 2013
Posts: 633
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
Yikes. Jerry is turning into Al. What the hell do they do?


No, at least Al had the sense to cut bait on his bad contracts. Jerry keeps re-structuring (many) contracts until the choice becomes take a major penalty while cap-strapped or keep re-structuring. They can cut Ware this offseason to free up a lot of space, but at this point, that might not be enough.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shockey1979


Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 19901
Location: RI/MA
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They better win the big one this year because it looks like they are going to have to part with quite a bit of talent to get that number close to manageable next season. Unless they have an ungodly amount of dead weight coming off the books soon. Shocked
_________________

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 23296
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't be an issue. And we will likely be re-signing Dez and Smith next year as well.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shockey1979


Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 19901
Location: RI/MA
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
It won't be an issue.


Care to elaborate how it won't be an issue?
_________________

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 23296
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
It won't be an issue.


Care to elaborate how it won't be an issue?


Not really since that number doesn't seem to be accurate. At least not according to Dallas Reporters.

Will we be able to sign FA? No. At least no one of worth. But we won't be over. Feel free to enjoy this thread though.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheDeathStar


Joined: 09 Apr 2013
Posts: 1865
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, US, Planet Earth, Solar System A, Milky Way Galaxy
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neutral wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
Yikes. Jerry is turning into Al. What the hell do they do?


No, at least Al had the sense to cut bait on his bad contracts. Jerry keeps re-structuring (many) contracts until the choice becomes take a major penalty while cap-strapped or keep re-structuring. They can cut Ware this offseason to free up a lot of space, but at this point, that might not be enough.


Um, no, Jerry doesn't just go around resigning bad players.
_________________

daboyle is gud at sigz

Tony Romo OPOY Watch: Chokes, chokes. More chokes. A choke there too! Bad play calling. A choke. CHOOOOOKES

FLEX TWB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HDsportsfan


Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Posts: 4960
Location: Between Richmond VA. and D.C.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeathStar wrote:
Neutral wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
Yikes. Jerry is turning into Al. What the hell do they do?


No, at least Al had the sense to cut bait on his bad contracts. Jerry keeps re-structuring (many) contracts until the choice becomes take a major penalty while cap-strapped or keep re-structuring. They can cut Ware this offseason to free up a lot of space, but at this point, that might not be enough.


Um, no, Jerry doesn't just go around resigning bad players.


I have to admit he doesn't necessarily sign bad players but he deos extend aging players that he shouldn't.

Man....the media and rival fans will look for anything the bust the Boys chops.
_________________
I'm a Dallas Fan.
Always smell it first.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheDeathStar


Joined: 09 Apr 2013
Posts: 1865
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, US, Planet Earth, Solar System A, Milky Way Galaxy
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HDsportsfan wrote:
TheDeathStar wrote:
Neutral wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
Yikes. Jerry is turning into Al. What the hell do they do?


No, at least Al had the sense to cut bait on his bad contracts. Jerry keeps re-structuring (many) contracts until the choice becomes take a major penalty while cap-strapped or keep re-structuring. They can cut Ware this offseason to free up a lot of space, but at this point, that might not be enough.


Um, no, Jerry doesn't just go around resigning bad players.


I have to admit he doesn't necessarily sign bad players but he deos extend aging players that he shouldn't.

Man....the media and rival fans will look for anything the bust the Boys chops.


I guess I can agree with that. But its not like he's consistently known for it, nor is he worse that Al.

And of course they'll look for anything to insult them about. That's all this thread is going to be.
_________________

daboyle is gud at sigz

Tony Romo OPOY Watch: Chokes, chokes. More chokes. A choke there too! Bad play calling. A choke. CHOOOOOKES

FLEX TWB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaidersAreOne


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 8002
Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeathStar wrote:
HDsportsfan wrote:
TheDeathStar wrote:
Neutral wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
Yikes. Jerry is turning into Al. What the hell do they do?


No, at least Al had the sense to cut bait on his bad contracts. Jerry keeps re-structuring (many) contracts until the choice becomes take a major penalty while cap-strapped or keep re-structuring. They can cut Ware this offseason to free up a lot of space, but at this point, that might not be enough.


Um, no, Jerry doesn't just go around resigning bad players.


I have to admit he doesn't necessarily sign bad players but he deos extend aging players that he shouldn't.

Man....the media and rival fans will look for anything the bust the Boys chops.


I guess I can agree with that. But its not like he's consistently known for it, nor is he worse that Al.

And of course they'll look for anything to insult them about. That's all this thread is going to be.


Well do you expect us to praise him?
_________________

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the Sio sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shockey1979


Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 19901
Location: RI/MA
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
It won't be an issue.


Care to elaborate how it won't be an issue?


Not really since that number doesn't seem to be accurate. At least not according to Dallas Reporters.

Will we be able to sign FA? No. At least no one of worth. But we won't be over. Feel free to enjoy this thread though.


Well Schefter isn't known for reporting BS news. I understand he doesn't provide his source. But to just brush it off as inaccurate without being able to provide anything in rebuttal isn't very compelling. The numbers may very well be incorrect but if they are correct how is it not going to be an issue?


http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cap-hit/2014/

They do have quite a bit of dead money on the books for next season.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/yearly/

Spencer seems to be the only big cap UFA coming off the books next season....

As far as "enjoying the thread" whatever that means. If you didn't want to discuss it why did you post?
_________________

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 5754
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do they have any cap space coming back from the Mara Penalty?
_________________


Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 23296
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Well Schefter isn't known for reporting BS news. I understand he doesn't provide his source. But to just brush it off as inaccurate without being able to provide anything in rebuttal isn't very compelling. The numbers may very well be incorrect but if they are correct how is it not going to be an issue?


http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cap-hit/2014/

They do have quite a bit of dead money on the books for next season.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/yearly/

Spencer seems to be the only big cap UFA coming off the books next season....

As far as "enjoying the thread" whatever that means. If you didn't want to discuss it why did you post?


Adam is the man. No doubt. And we are over. This is also a fact. Just not 31.

Sportrac, while I use religiously, isn't wholly accurate.

I am telling you, it won't be an issue. And we will re-sign two of our young players in Dez and Smith either in the off-season or mid-season next year. We just won't be active in FA. Which I am more than fine with.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group