Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

College Mid-Season Mocks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcm412

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
I dont want an LT in the 2nd round. If we cant get one of the top guys, I see no point in wasting another 2nd round pick on LT. Id rather give Adams another year.

Nix is overrated as hell. As much as I like Jarvis Jones, I still wish we couldve gotten Star Lotuleilei. There are alot of quality OLB prospects in this years draft.

And please...no more smurf WRs. If it was a special talent, okay...but otherwise we need some bigger bodies.

And why would we draft another QB in the late rounds? Im not big on Jones, but Id give him another year at least.

Tom Savage? IN THE 5th??? I wouldnt even touch him as a UDFA at this point.

This.

Plus I think the secondary needs to be addressed early. The 3 starters are all on their way out. Allen and Shamarko are promising , but we have nothing else. We need atleast another CB and/or a S.
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just for fun. Steelers drafting 10th Comp picks of 3rd(wallace), 4th(Lewis), 7th( Mendy)

1.) Mike Evans WR Texas - The only WR worth the pick in this spot.

2.) Eric Ebron TE USC or Jace Amaro, TE Texas A&M. Both big athletic TE

3.) Jaylen Watkins, DB, Florida

3b) Ryan Carrethers- NT-Arkansas St. Prototype size 6-1 338

4.) Dee Ford, OLB, Auburn or James Gayle, OLB Virginia Tech

4b.) Xavier Su'a-Filo OG USC

5) Billy Turner OT NDSU

6) Larry Webster DE Bloomsburg - I do not think he lasts this long. A favorite of mine from the last draft.

7) Kirby Van Der Kamp- P- Iowa St-I want a real punter

7b.) Jeff Janis WR Saginaw Valley State 6-3 4.45 time Top WR in Div II

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
treat88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
Do you think Ebron goes in the 1st?

I know you didn't ask me man, but I don't think this is even in question. Barring injury, the only question is how high in the 1st he goes.

It's all about creating mismatches and Ebron's a mismatch anywhere you line him up.

I love jebricks draft above, but, sadly, I just don't see us having any shot at this kid still being around in the 2nd. Adding Evans and Ebron is a great dream scenario though.

There's about a 0.0% chance of it happening in Pitt given his off field concerns, but the team that takes the risk and invest a 4th or 5th in Colt Lyerla could get the same reward as the team that invests in Ebron early. Might only be for a few years til he gets run out of the league but if his head is ever screwed on straight he'll make a nice weapon for someone.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
Do you think Ebron goes in the 1st?

I know you didn't ask me man, but I don't think this is even in question. Barring injury, the only question is how high in the 1st he goes.

It's all about creating mismatches and Ebron's a mismatch anywhere you line him up.

I love jebricks draft above, but, sadly, I just don't see us having any shot at this kid still being around in the 2nd. Adding Evans and Ebron is a great dream scenario though.

There's about a 0.0% chance of it happening in Pitt given his off field concerns, but the team that takes the risk and invest a 4th or 5th in Colt Lyerla could get the same reward as the team that invests in Ebron early. Might only be for a few years til he gets run out of the league but if his head is ever screwed on straight he'll make a nice weapon for someone.

Yep, and after the Holmes and Rainey experiments failed...it pretty much means they'd probably be "gunshy" about Lyerla. I'm telling you though, if Xavier Grimble keeps on keeping on with the season he's having, getting him in the 2nd or 3rd wouldn't be a bad "1a" to Ebron. He's a little "slower", but he's tough and displays good concentration/hands.

And I like jebrick's mock as well. If they actually took Evans in the 1st and Grimble in the 2nd/3rd, we'd have two killer weapons, IMO.

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
just for fun. Steelers drafting 10th Comp picks of 3rd(wallace), 4th(Lewis), 7th( Mendy)

5) Billy Turner OT NDSU

6) Larry Webster DE Bloomsburg - I do not think he lasts this long. A favorite of mine from the last draft.

Where did that first 3rd rounder come from? We traded our 3rd to Cleveland.

Anyway, I like the positions for the most part.

Evans isnt worth that high of a pick IMO.

And DE may be a huge need. Ziggy is a free agent and Keisel is old.

Id look into signing a free agent AND draft a young player.
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
jebrick wrote:

5) Billy Turner OT NDSU

Where did that first 3rd rounder come from? We traded our 3rd to Cleveland.

Anyway, I like the positions for the most part.

Evans isnt worth that high of a pick IMO.

And DE may be a huge need. Ziggy is a free agent and Keisel is old.

Id look into signing a free agent AND draft a young player.

If they slide McClendon over to DE, we'd have Woods, McClendon, Heyward, and Nick Williams at the position, so don't think they need to bring in more than one. I'd personally grab a FA instead of drafting one, as we still have quite a bit of youth at the position given the above scenario.

If we keep McClendon at NT (likely), then yeah, we'll definitely need one, but probably still not two.

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The extra 3rd was because I had another mock with a trade back and just forgot to remove it.

4b.) Ryan Carrethers- NT-Arkansas St. Prototype size 6-1 338

5) Billy Turner OT NDSU

6) Larry Webster DE/OLB Bloomsburg - I do not think he lasts this long. A favorite of mine from the last draft. 6'6 pass rusher

Ward4HOF is correct in that if they trust Carrethers/ Fangupo then McLendon can slide over to DE. Sign Keisel for a year. I also think Arnfelt will be a dominate 3-4 DE and I have high hopes for Nick Williams. NT would be more pressing.

Evens is the only WR worth that high of a pick. If they go to the mid teens then I would change the 1st to Austin Seferian-Jenkins (TE Wash) and the 2nd to Jordan Matthews(WR) or Donte Moncrief (WR)

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
treat88

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
Evens is the only WR worth that high of a pick. If they go to the mid teens then I would change the 1st to Austin Seferian-Jenkins (TE Wash) and the 2nd to Jordan Matthews(WR) or Donte Moncrief (WR)

I might quibble over the names, but I too am convinced we need to add some premium offensive weapons with size and versatility in April.

Even if it is at the expense of band-aiding defensive needs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing to pass over greater defensive talent just to draft receivers, but in the case of similarly graded prospects I'd prefer we get Ben some pieces to work with.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
wwhickok

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I REALLY like James Hurst, I think he'd make a great RT or Guard.

I don't believe he'll ultimately play LT in the NFl and for that reason I wouldn't want him in the 2nd round.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
If they slide McClendon over to DE, we'd have Woods, McClendon, Heyward, and Nick Williams at the position, so don't think they need to bring in more than one. I'd personally grab a FA instead of drafting one, as we still have quite a bit of youth at the position given the above scenario.

If we keep McClendon at NT (likely), then yeah, we'll definitely need one, but probably still not two.

I do think McLendon would be better at DE, but not by much. He isnt stout enough against the run to be a starter IMO. He is a solid stop gap, I suppose, but not a long term starter.

Nick Williams is nothing to hang your hat on. He is a raw project with upside....the chances of him doing much for us arent that good...but Im hopeful. Just wouldnt pass on a quality DE because of him.

If we did slide McLendon to DE, we have a hole at NT. Fangupo isnt that good and may not have a spot on the roster next year. We never shouldve gotten rid of Ta'amu. He showed promise and has been solid in Arizona. Not sure why we chose Fangupo over him.

Anyway....regardless of what happens, IMO we will need a veteran DLineman in FA and a young guy in the mid rounds.
treat88

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, Lyerla ain't getting drafted.

Teams won't give him the benefit of the doubt messing with blow.

Tragic waste of talent.

Gatoradus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few things; none of the LT prospects you mentioned in 2nd rounds are going to be there in 2nd. They will be gone.

Even if we go with a left tackle, are they really that much of upgrade over Beachem? Rodger Saffold is a better player than any of them- yes... this is a bold statement and I'm well awared of.

We need a pass-rusher much as we need an offensive weapon. Even with Heath Miller back, he's just not same at all. Antonio Brown is the only reliable WR that opponent will fear for, Cotchery is very reliable but he never should be a #2 option on our team.

I also strongly believe that our drafting of an offensive lineman all rely on Pouncey's situation more than the glaring weakness. If Pouncey wouldn't be ready to be back, we might be handing him a pink slip, draft a center in mid-round.

I first thought a safety will be picked in first 3 rounds but Shamarko has been progressed nicely (saw this coming anyway) so the FO will feel comfortable with letting Ryan Clark go. I don't think Polamalu is going anywhere, even with him declining he's still easily the second best safety in game.

But good job with the draft! I can see the logics of why, how they fit in and etc. But for all left tackle, only one I'm much more comfortable with is Cameron Erving. He'll be a top-10 pick. He manhandled Victor Beasley, not an easy task.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xavier Sua Filo is severely undervalued at this point and has been. If we got him in the 2nd it would be great value. I'd stretch the possibility he can be had early 3rd but he's the type of guy you want at LG and can play OT with a degree of success on either side.

Leader, nasty, athletic

Austin Sefarian Jenkins has never really stepped up to the plate, could easily see him being had in the 2nd round near our pick, but not sure I'd love the pick with other available options. But have been wanting to address/add to the position for years.

Ebron will easily be a luxury pick for a playoff contender in the 1st round. Could very well go as high as 2nd half of the top 10 depending on how well he blows up the post season etc..

Not to break any hearts but depending on where we pick of course and the mindset of the future of our defense Louis Nix makes a lot of sense as a Steelers type pick, more so than any NT options presented in some time.

I do like Jordan Matthews and slotting him in as a mid to early 2nd round pick would probably make for very nice addition. I don't see WR as a need as high as seems to be expressed but raising the bar of our overall offensive threats would be very helpful. I do believe good talent can be added mid to late at the position.

James Wilder and Ladarius Perkins are two running backs that will have my attention (if available). Problem of course being we addressed the position with a 2nd rounder this past year. It never hurts to raise the bar and quality depth at the position is typically a staple of a good team. Not to mention versatile athletic RB's & LB's often make for the best special team coverage guys.

...you have a forum resume?
jebrick

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even more fun. Going on the current power rankings for the draft order. Steelers pick 8th.
Comp picks of 3rd(wallace), 4th(Lewis), 7th( Mendy)

Steelers do the unthinkable and trade back with Cleveland so they can move up and get Brett Hundley. Steelers get 1.13 3.13 4.13.

1.13 - Mike Evans, WR. I'm staying with it. Evans or Ebron. Steelers need playmakers. His talent puts him in the late teens through the 20's. His routes are variations of a fly. He is a willing blocker in the run game. He would need a season to learn his craft.
2.8 Louchiez Purifoy CB Florida
3.13 - James Hurst OT UNC
3C Danny Shelton NT Wash
4.8 Pierre Desir CB Lindenwood
4.13 Xavier Su'a-Filo OG USC
4C Avery Williamson ILB Kentucky
5.8 Carlos Hyde RB Ohio State
6.8 Larry Webster DE Bloomsburg
7.8 Kirby Van Der Kamp- P- Iowa St
7c Jeff Janis WR Saginaw Valley State 6-3 4.45 time Top WR in Div II

ironcurtain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think that if we ended up with the 8th overall pick, we could get both of the browns first round picks and and additional pick either this year or next year. Especially if a team is trading up for a QB it really wants.

If that was the case, who would you guys take with those 2 first round picks?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: