Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers Claim WR Chris Harper
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pugger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECPackers wrote:
This Chris Harper from Kstate or from Cal ?lol

I think he's from K State?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECPackers wrote:
must be a popular guy

i went to youtube.com

typed WR C as soon as i pressed the C in chris... his name popped up without anything else typed...

i mean, you'd think chris carter or someone would come up 1st
Probably better than Jordy!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly this kid has a ton of raw ability. Was not for me though and I took him off my board. Just too much red in my eyes to use a pick on him even with the paper set. To be fair though, I'm also not a fan of that body type at large and feel history would show more times than not that mold has a hard time getting away from NFL level DB's.

Either way, the cons list was long and it started with the fact that many had doubts about his love for the game of football. This is a very real issue for the type of raw athlete he is.

Raw talent is clear and I hope they can make it all come together. I just did not feel he was worth the investment when I was grading him out. But hey, they got him for nothing and clearly know how to mold them. Will make for a interesting watch. Nice special teams frame if nothing else and could be much more if he is willing.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate they had to waive Hill, would've loved to see what the kid had. Looked like a Harris clone on his youtube highlights, has a wicked stiff arm.
Pugger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just posted an inquiry about him on the Seahawk forum. He may not be the greatest player but as I said over on that forum - desperate times call for desperate measures. Confused

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Clearly this kid has a ton of raw ability. Was not for me though and I took him off my board. Just too much red in my eyes to use a pick on him even with the paper set. To be fair though, I'm also not a fan of that body type at large and feel history would show more times than not that mold has a hard time getting away from NFL level DB's.

That was my beef with him too. From everything I read, it sounded as if he got his plays because people were sold on Klein running with the ball and when he didn't he'd throw it to Harper. He had reasonable straightline speed but the scouting reports suggested he had stiff hips and couldn't run routes well as a result. I don't remember reading anything about inconsistent hands but it wouldn't surprise me.

On the other hand, I don't buy this "desperate times call for desperate measures" deal. If he doesn't get a case of the dropsies, I could see Harper emerging as a decent possession type of receiver for the time being.
palmy50

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the kid wants it, he could be a solid possession type with some run after catch ability. I just seen him as one that was going to be way over drafted this year(did fall some). My core beef with him was in the draft pick though. Just did not view him as pro ready and don't hold a ton of stock in that mold of WR even if he was.

None of this is to say I don't like this signing now though. I mean, why not take a look at him on the cheap?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tavarres King cut by the Broncos to make room for Von Miller. Good job picking their 53 over ours buddy. Wonder if we still look at him.

Edit:
@brian_mcintyre wrote:
King still gets paid at active roster rate ($23,824) from Broncos this week. Had he signed w/Packers, he'd be guaranteed 3 checks ($71,471)

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
British

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
Tavarres King cut by the Broncos to make room for Von Miller. Good job picking their 53 over ours buddy. Wonder if we still look at him.

Edit:
@brian_mcintyre wrote:
King still gets paid at active roster rate ($23,824) from Broncos this week. Had he signed w/Packers, he'd be guaranteed 3 checks ($71,471)

Clever by Denver, let us fill the spot elsewhere then restash King on PS
Arodsmightybelt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

British wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:

Edit:
@brian_mcintyre wrote:

and we can keep dumping ours til we get him :p we got alllllll day Cool

he knows he would be assured on our 53 with our injuries. If denver relegates him even once, we should make a move again just to troll
British

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arodsmightybelt wrote:
British wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:

Edit:
@brian_mcintyre wrote:

and we can keep dumping ours til we get him :p we got alllllll day Cool

he knows he would be assured on our 53 with our injuries. If denver relegates him even once, we should make a move again just to troll

We don't have all day. We have a game Sunday and are paper thin a WR. Harper's had a few days practice. If King was claimed tomorrow he'd struggle to be ready to play Sunday.

Will be interesting who TT prefers out of the two long term. If its Harper then Denver have kept their guy.
Pugger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were King I wouldn't be all that happy right now. Had Denver let him go he'd be playing tomorrow - or at least active. Now he's unemployed. If Jones' injury is more serious than we are letting on wouldn't it be something if TT goes after King on Monday?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

British wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:

Edit:
@brian_mcintyre wrote:

Couldn't we have done that with that RB we just released or isn't he eligible?

I'd like to give King a shot if we can.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
British wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:

Edit:
@brian_mcintyre wrote:

Couldn't we have done that with that RB we just released or isn't he eligible?

I'd like to give King a shot if we can.

Shocked Shocked You're back on FF.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What he f was denver thinking? Why would any player with multiple p.s. invites EVER want to go there in the future? How enormously short sighted of them and to gain what exactly? I can't think of any intelligent reason to screw a guy over like that...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: