Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sidney Rice
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheGame316

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Sidney Rice Reply with quote

Hey guys, Bandwagon Hawks fan here

Just wondering you guys opinion of Sidney Rice

I always had the impression he was a top tier receiver, but his stats don't seem to reflect that, in fact at a glance her seems down right below average

Whats your take, Whats his deal?
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is all stats for seahawks WRs. with that said I would say he is a good WR not worth the money we are paying him at the moment, but still a good one.

WINTER IS COMING
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overpaid. Going to be a cap casualty in order to resign Golden Tate, unless Schneider works magic somehow, but even then I doubt it with extensions to Earl and Sherman coming soon.

IDOG_det

#JDI
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:
Overpaid. Going to be a cap casualty in order to resign Golden Tate, unless Schneider works magic somehow, but even then I doubt it with extensions to Earl and Sherman coming soon.

yeah we need earl and sherm, I think we can fit them in if we lose Clemons and Rice

WINTER IS COMING
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As others have said in other threads, Rice is starting to become a casualty of compounding injuries. He concussions, knees, etc. He may never really be fully healthy again.

His stats are not reflective of his skill because of the way our offense is set up. The run game is a priority and after that the pass game is set up to be spread out. The system is not set up to target one specific WR over any other.

That said, we are paying him way to much money for his stats. His high salary is too much for an aging WR who doesn't get a ton of separation and doesn't truly have big play capabilities.

Another factor in his low stats is Russell Wilson. Rice might be a viable option for a lot of "tight" throws, but Wilson is too disciplined to risk those throws when the downside is an INT. Rice's best year came when Brett Favre was slinging passes to him. Brett never had fear of throwing INT's, which made him a great QB but also made him the all time league leader in INT's. Russell just does not play like that.
Meeker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will need to take a significant pay cut to stay on the team. He is up and down....made dumb plays against the Colts and Titans, then made significant catches last night. I wouldn't be opposed to cutting him then trying to find a lengthy WR in the draft.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hes playing his last year as a Hawk. Not even close to worth the money. Golden Tate needs to be retained at all costs and Sidney is that cost and its well worth it.
chpjns15

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see him being on this team next year, and it really doesn't bother me. I am completely content with our receivers next year being:

Tate
Baldwin
Harvin
Kearse
(Other pickups/draftees)

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
animaltested

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
I dont see him being on this team next year, and it really doesn't bother me. I am completely content with our receivers next year being:

Tate
Baldwin
Harvin
Kearse
(Other pickups/draftees)

Maybe the more informed fans can educate me, but that lineup seems less than ideal. Who is going to play on the outside? I feel like Tate, Baldwin and Harvin all thrive in the short to intermediate.

Id like Rice to stay, but I guess that price tag is pretty high.

Quote:
If you don't care for obscenity, you don't care for the truth; if you don't care for the truth, watch how you vote.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

animaltested wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:

Tate
Baldwin
Harvin
Kearse
(Other pickups/draftees)

Maybe the more informed fans can educate me, but that lineup seems less than ideal. Who is going to play on the outside? I feel like Tate, Baldwin and Harvin all thrive in the short to intermediate.

Kearse has done quite well on the outside when givin the opportunity. Granted I've only seen him run go routes when lined up out there. With more play time and another year under his belt working on route running I think he would be a solid outside WR.

I see the FO going WR in round 1 and leaving the o-line as is as well. I dont think letting Rice go will be too big of a loss.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
animaltested wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:

Tate
Baldwin
Harvin
Kearse
(Other pickups/draftees)

Kearse has done quite well on the outside when givin the opportunity. Granted I've only seen him run go routes when lined up out there. With more play time and another year under his belt working on route running I think he would be a solid outside WR.

I see the FO going WR in round 1 and leaving the o-line as is as well. I dont think letting Rice go will be too big of a loss.

I could only see that happening if the team brought in a veteran WR/high round player. I don't trust that lineup because you're requiring Kearse to develop into a legit starter.

(I do also expect Luke Willson to get more involved though.)
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
animaltested wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:

Tate
Baldwin
Harvin
Kearse
(Other pickups/draftees)

I could only see that happening if the team brought in a veteran WR/high round player. I don't trust that lineup because you're requiring Kearse to develop into a legit starter.

(I do also expect Luke Willson to get more involved though.)
Which is why I think they will go WR in round 1.

Doesn't mean I agree with it. I'd go o-line for the first three picks. Haha.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
imani

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
animaltested wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:

Tate
Baldwin
Harvin
Kearse
(Other pickups/draftees)

He had an amazing timing route with Kearse on a back shoulder throw against the titans (IIRC) from Wilson. First time i've seen that kind of "NFL throw" from a seahawks QB since hasselbeck's prime. There's trust between those two.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kearse has a long way to go to be a legit starting, or every down, WR, but getting the lasik eye surgery in the offseason seemed to help immensely. If he continues working his butt off he could get there in the next 1-2 years.

Rice, imo, is on the decline, both health wise and skills wise. Kearse could be the key to a seamless transition moving forward from Rice if he continues to develop.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

animaltested wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:

Tate
Baldwin
Harvin
Kearse
(Other pickups/draftees)

I think Tate has shown a unique ability as a smaller guy to go deep and play the jump ball. I agree with you on Harvin and Baldwin though. In a 3 WR set, you're rarely going to want to have Baldwin and Harvin on the field together. It'll work on occasion if we're mixing it up, but if that's our bread and butter that will shrink the field.

So that leaves you with Kearse seeing a lot of action at WR in 3 WR sets.
TheoryofSeahawk wrote:
Kearse has a long way to go to be a legit starting, or every down, WR, but getting the lasik eye surgery in the offseason seemed to help immensely. If he continues working his butt off he could get there in the next 1-2 years.

Rice, imo, is on the decline, both health wise and skills wise. Kearse could be the key to a seamless transition moving forward from Rice if he continues to develop.
I'd tend to agree with TheoryofSeahawk here. I like Kearse, but I don't think he's developed into that outside guy yet.

This is why, despite popular opinion, I'd like to restructure Rice and keep him around for one more year before handing the reigns to Kearse.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: