Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tom Powers: Vikings should trade Adrian Peterson
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UpperDecker30

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Tom Powers: Vikings should trade Adrian Peterson Reply with quote

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_24333071/tom-powers-time-vikings-look-future-trading-adrian

He does bring up some valid points, but I would be absolutely crushed if this were to ever happen.
Klomp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They say he would bring back a lot in a trade, but would he? I know he's the best RB in football, but its become a passing league. And all the teams that lean heavy on the run already have their RB.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And how much would it ruin the cap if MN tried to trade Peterson?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
They say he would bring back a lot in a trade, but would he? I know he's the best RB in football, but its become a passing league. And all the teams that lean heavy on the run already have their RB.

Agreed, I can't think of many teams off the top of my head that have the resources. St. Louis, maybe because they have multiple first round picks but they aren't an Adrian Peterson away from contending. 49ers are another option. Not too many contenders who can afford to add a Peterson or they already have a guy.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Agreed, I can't think of many teams off the top of my head that have the resources. St. Louis, maybe because they have multiple first round picks but they aren't an Adrian Peterson away from contending. 49ers are another option. Not too many contenders who can afford to add a Peterson or they already have a guy.

The Broncos Shocked

Probably cant afford him, but could you imagine that offense.

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put him in Dallas and that team is scary good.

Joe_is_the_best ^^
byuvike88

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Lil Uno wrote:
Klomp wrote:

The Broncos Shocked

I Think the universe might explode....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

byuvike88 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Lil Uno wrote:
Klomp wrote:

The Broncos Shocked

I Think the universe might explode....

Peterson and Manning would make for the hardest offense in the world to stop. Like seriously...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trading Peterson would not cripple the Vikings cap, it would actually open up close to $7M next season.
swiss_vike

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't a team on earth that will trade for a 28 year old RB with Petersons milage and price tag.

The reason Trent Richardson drawed a first was because he was cheap and he's still very young.

The only way I see is if a run heavy team looses his RB to injury for the career.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I think that Peterson might still garner a first round pick in a trade, probably a mid to late first, he isn't going to really garner much more than that. Even though his track record coming back from injuries does make one question slightly if he'll fall off at 30. But right now he is the face of the franchise, and without a QB face of the franchise in place, it would hurt the Vikings to move him in terms of marketability and draw.

Bodysuit Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His value will never be higher than it is right now. If we could get two firsts for him we should absolutely do it.
El Raymundo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best part of the article was this quote:

"[Peterson's] out of place here, like a Rolex on the wrist of a hobo."

Zing!

"Live as brave men; and if Fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -- Cicero
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's amazing what nonsense some newspapers have to put up there just to get clicks.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrian Peterson is worth more to the Minnesota Vikings than anything he would garner in a trade.

The Hershal Walker deal is 25 years old, and in no way can be used as a base line for a trade. Trent Richardson was worth a 1st round pick, and there is no other example out there that would indicate that Peterson is worth more than that, other than pure Minnesota bias. These types of articles always make me laugh. The author gives reasons as to why the Vikings should trade Peterson, but doesn't seem to realize that those same reasons would be validation for a team to pass on the trade.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: