Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

College Football Talk + Clowney Saga
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bitty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great article on Clowney
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000265422/article/jadeveon-clowney-vs-antonio-richardson-matchup-unveiled
Django

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
8. Oakland Raiders
Texas A&M WR Mike Evans
We’d love to see a Denarius Moore-Evans tandem rolling in Oakland, with the continued progression of Terrelle Pryor. Yes, offensive line help would be warranted — but not here. They’ll consider another elite offensive playmaker in the 6-5 Evans to make the chains move more freely.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/2014-nfl-draft-report-linebackers-could-see-revival-152007883--nfl.html

I think Evans is a stud...but do we really go WR?
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:
Quote:
8. Oakland Raiders
Texas A&M WR Mike Evans
We’d love to see a Denarius Moore-Evans tandem rolling in Oakland, with the continued progression of Terrelle Pryor. Yes, offensive line help would be warranted — but not here. They’ll consider another elite offensive playmaker in the 6-5 Evans to make the chains move more freely.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/2014-nfl-draft-report-linebackers-could-see-revival-152007883--nfl.html

Assuming the Oline is addressed in FA, yes.

The skill positions on this team are lacking. The Raiders haven't had a 1000 yard WR since Randy Moss. They need a go to WR who can take over and draw doubles. Evans is built in that mold.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Django wrote:
Quote:
8. Oakland Raiders
Texas A&M WR Mike Evans

The skill positions on this team are lacking. The Raiders haven't had a 1000 yard WR since Randy Moss. They need a go to WR who can take over and draw doubles. Evans is built in that mold.

I could live with drafting a WR but I still think the Raiders need a good vet at WR.
Rolni

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Django wrote:
Quote:
8. Oakland Raiders
Texas A&M WR Mike Evans

I would really like Evans!
If we go WR I want him.
Watkins and Lee is similar to Moore in some ways and Evans would be a better addition IMO.
We need to address the OL too, but Incognito or Slauson with a healthy Bergstrom could be enough with a mid rounder rookie.

However a guy like Hakeem Nicks could be an ideal solution for us. Young proven reliable weapon...
SBXISBXVSBXVIII

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agarcia34 wrote:
I think its a joke that Florida St is favored in this game.

Winston, No. 5 FSU crush No. 3 Clemson, 51-14....LOL

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Django wrote:
Quote:
8. Oakland Raiders
Texas A&M WR Mike Evans

I could live with drafting a WR but I still think the Raiders need a good vet at WR.

I agree. I'd love to add Nicks. He was my fav the year we took the dreadful DHB. Wanted to trade down and draft Nicks or draft Crabtree at 8. Man DHB was a horribly awful selection and we all knew it at the time it happened.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
I think its a joke that Florida St is favored in this game.

Winston, No. 5 FSU crush No. 3 Clemson, 51-14....LOL

I laughed when I read that post originally. FSU was bound to dominate Clemson. Clemson was so disgustingly overrated wasn't even funny.

So glad Clemson got their butts handed to them. They had no business in the top 10. See also Louisville. 2 overrated teams, w/ overrated QBs getting to much hype. Glad that charade is over.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may not belong here but I watched the USC Notre Dame game yesterday. #1 Nix. DT. The widest guy I've seen in a long time. Always doubled teamed. Was I overly impressed or is he the real deal. I know we need Oline dudes but if he's what I think he is we could use him. Tell me there are better guys out there and I'll let it go.
IdigtheRaiders!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S&B Bleeder wrote:
This may not belong here but I watched the USC Notre Dame game yesterday. #1 Nix. DT. The widest guy I've seen in a long time. Always doubled teamed. Was I overly impressed or is he the real deal. I know we need Oline dudes but if he's what I think he is we could use him. Tell me there are better guys out there and I'll let it go.

When Nix is on top of his game, he's immovable as an NT and is a Center's worst nightmare. I'd take Clowney over him, but that's it. Would not mind seeing Irish Chocolate in Silver and Black at all.

1. Props to Big Palooka for the sig
2. Tim Brown is my favorite NFL player of all time.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nix very well could be in our range aswell. The Clwoneys and Bridgewaters will be too high, but Nix, Barr and acouple others could be around where we pick.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Django wrote:
Quote:
8. Oakland Raiders
Texas A&M WR Mike Evans

Did we not learn anything during the Al Davis era? You win championships by building your team from the trenches outward. We need a difference maker on the defensive line early in this years draft.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agarcia34 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
Florida State is going to beat Clemson tomorrow night.

I got Clemson +3. The home team has won the past 7 meetings if i remember correctly. Playing at Clemson is no joke and Clemson has the D to really get after Winston and Clemson was already in this postion when they beat Georgia at home. Florida St hasn't played anybody this year. And the experience of Boyd will show tonight.

As I said yesterday before the game, Winston is the best player and the best prospect in college football. So much for him and Florida State not playing anyone. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IdigtheRaiders! wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:

When Nix is on top of his game, he's immovable as an NT and is a Center's worst nightmare. I'd take Clowney over him, but that's it. Would not mind seeing Irish Chocolate in Silver and Black at all.

This. I guess you could say I have been gravitating towards Nix lately Laughing . I would love to have him anchoring our defensive line and freeing up everyone around him.

big_palooka wrote:
I'd love to add Nicks. He was my fav the year we took the dreadful DHB. Wanted to trade down and draft Nicks or draft Crabtree at 8. Man DHB was a horribly awful selection and we all knew it at the time it happened.

Same here. Nicks was my favorite prospect that year. I wanted him very badly and I remember throwing my drink in my living room as soon as the commish said "Darr..." I would love to sign him this offseason.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
S&B Bleeder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
IdigtheRaiders! wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:

This. I guess you could say I have been gravitating towards Nix lately Laughing . I would love to have him anchoring our defensive line and freeing up everyone around him.

big_palooka wrote:
I'd love to add Nicks. He was my fav the year we took the dreadful DHB. Wanted to trade down and draft Nicks or draft Crabtree at 8. Man DHB was a horribly awful selection and we all knew it at the time it happened.

Same here. Nicks was my favorite prospect that year. I wanted him very badly and I remember throwing my drink in my living room as soon as the commish said "Darr..." I would love to sign him this offseason.

Are we talking about the same Nix? Irish #1. DHB was years ago.
This guy is big. I won't attempt to guess his weight but would like to know. He's fast for his size and has good feet. I saw him move laterally and make a tackle when he had two guys all over him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: