Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

College Football Talk + Clowney Saga
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agarcia34

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't buy the rumor.
agarcia34

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta give FSU a lot of credit. Winston is one poised young man. Kid has a bright future ahead of him.
dante9876

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Winston. He is going to be my qb crush for the next 2 years. No idea how we going to get him.
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agarcia34 wrote:
Gotta give FSU a lot of credit. Winston is one poised young man. Kid has a bright future ahead of him.
Yes he does. Man oh man......he's got good character, his gf has a 4.0 gpa, he's playing phenomenally....

的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
agarcia34

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DB from FSU #20 kid has been every where create 3 turnovers all by himself. impressive.

These FSU WR's make some insane catches.
CaribouLou

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
Yes he does. Man oh man......he's got good character, his gf has a 4.0 gpa, he's playing phenomenally....

What does this even prove? His gf could be a hood rat for all I care. As long as he can ball when he puts the shoulder pads on is what matters.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Yogi wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
Clowney has made more plays in the first couple of minutes of this game then he has all season.

As I'm sure has been said already, we're not getting this guy anyway. He's inconsistent/shows up when he wants to, we're gonna win 6 or so games and he has a questionable attitude/approach.

Don't believe all the media hyperbole please.

And this team isn't good enough to say they will win another 4 games this season.

I think it's possible to win four more games. The next three are winnable and I think we can sneak a win from one of our divisional foes.

Also I think it's possible Clowney drops, especially if there's top QBs on the board. I'm not saying it's smart to pass on him but some GMs aren't all bright.

Maybe I'm making excuses for him, but in a way, I think Clowney is actually tanking his season a little bit in order not to get hurt, and I'm sort of ok with it. I mean he's in line to potentially make upwards of $20Mil as long as he's healthy. If he blows out a knee, suffers a concussion or even something slight where it doesnt allow him to participate in the combine, it could literally cost him millions. Im pretty sure GM's know he can turn it on when he wants to, and today was an example. It was almost as if he wanted to shut people up for a little while. These GM's werent born yesterday.

I think one of the first players that comes to mind is Desean Jackson, who hasn't been playing well the past couple years and then admittedly said he was afraid of getting hurt. Then he gets his new contract and he's one of the league's best WR's again.

I also don't think we have another four wins in us looking at the schedule but Id love to be proved wrong. Thankfully this is going to be a deep draft so even if we end up with the 10th pick, we'll still get a great player.

agarcia34 wrote:
Manziel is fun to watch. His buying time in the pocket. Side arm throws.

and as i type this he throws a pick lol

Manziel does have good scrambling abilitity, but I've never seen such a "great quarterback" throw so many jump balls in the air and have them magically come down by his own player. He's gonna get slaughtered in the NFL. Which leads me to...

agarcia34 wrote:
Oh look Evans again with a TD that's number 4 on the day today! 6 rec 215 yards if he runs a 4.5 he will be a top 15 pick.

Evans is looking legit though. He's the only reason why Manziel gets away with aforementioned jump balls. He's smooth for being 6'5 and he has great hands. He almost reminds of Jeff Samardzija from Notre Dame, who nearly helped Brady Quinn be the top overall pick. I don't know if I buy the top 15 or even the top WR, but he's certainly climbing up the boards, especially since Marqise Lee re-aggravated his injury today.
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaribouLou wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:

What does this even prove? His gf could be a hood rat for all I care. As long as he can ball when he puts the shoulder pads on is what matters.

Size = check
Speed = check
Accuracy = check
Character = check
Significant other has a good GPA = check

#baller
ryanTHEtrojan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:

Haha I'm pretty sure his gf's GPA is not going to be one of those career defining attributes GM's look into. Although I guess it's better than having one of those girls just looking to be a baby-mama.

agarcia34 wrote:
Huge rumor out there that Boyd is 80k in debt and will throw the game and that Billy Walters is on FSU(Billy is a sports betting god) so line went from -3 to -5.5

I live in Vegas and that's a pretty famous rumor out here about Boyd. And yes, the line did swing heavily in favor of FSU (meaning people were betting heavily on them and therefore, moving the line). However, if Boyd were in that much danger financially, I would think that he would have come out in the draft last year. Besides, was the whole team in on the con? Looked like whole team, not just Boyd and the offense, looked pretty crummy. Maybe FSU is just that good.

Which is exactly what I would say if I were Billy Wal... Ive said too much.
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaribouLou wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:

Lol it proves nothing really.

I just think it's cool that he isn't dating the thickest chick out there, kinda like Kevin Durant....choose a good woman who balls outrageous as well & looks like a solid 8. He'll be the KD of the NFL? Hahahaha

Even then, I'm reaching Laughing

The young guy won't be coming out for a few years anyways.

的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryanTHEtrojan wrote:
Maybe I'm making excuses for him, but in a way, I think Clowney is actually tanking his season a little bit in order not to get hurt, and I'm sort of ok with it. I mean he's in line to potentially make upwards of $20Mil as long as he's healthy. If he blows out a knee, suffers a concussion or even something slight where it doesnt allow him to participate in the combine, it could literally cost him millions. Im pretty sure GM's know he can turn it on when he wants to, and today was an example. It was almost as if he wanted to shut people up for a little while. These GM's werent born yesterday.

I don't like that at all, if that is true. If he is taking it easy, that means he has packed it in for the year and will rely on his potential, athleticism, and reputation. That sounds an awful lot like plenty of other very talented players who end up busting. If he will sandbag to secure a huge paycheck now, who is to say he won't do it again? I don't like players who can "turn it on when they want to". Randy Moss was a perfect example. Dude was unstoppable when he cared, but once he was unhappy in the least bit he gave up. We need guys who will turn it on and leave it on, and not just when the money is on the line.

FTR, I am not saying I am against taking Clowney, nor am I even sure this is the case with him. This is just the way I feel about taking a player who would do that.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ridiculous stuff we come up with . . . . . his gf??
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is ANY substance to Boyd being Ryan Perrilloux 2.0 than I highly doubt he will ever be anything of substance in the NFL.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this awhile ago but I was afraid to say it because there were a few of us who were so bonkers over the guy I second guessed myself but Bridgewater is Genome 2.0. However, Genome is a good prospect but he got drafted exactly where he should have been. Imo, TB 1st overall will be a fail unless he goes to an absolutely stacked team.
bitty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryanTHEtrojan wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Yogi wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
Clowney has made more plays in the first couple of minutes of this game then he has all season.

As I'm sure has been said already, we're not getting this guy anyway. He's inconsistent/shows up when he wants to, we're gonna win 6 or so games and he has a questionable attitude/approach.

Don't believe all the media hyperbole please.

And this team isn't good enough to say they will win another 4 games this season.

I think it's possible to win four more games. The next three are winnable and I think we can sneak a win from one of our divisional foes.

Also I think it's possible Clowney drops, especially if there's top QBs on the board. I'm not saying it's smart to pass on him but some GMs aren't all bright.

I think one of the first players that comes to mind is Desean Jackson, who hasn't been playing well the past couple years and then admittedly said he was afraid of getting hurt. Then he gets his new contract and he's one of the league's best WR's again.

I also don't think we have another four wins in us looking at the schedule but Id love to be proved wrong. Thankfully this is going to be a deep draft so even if we end up with the 10th pick, we'll still get a great player.

agarcia34 wrote:
Manziel is fun to watch. His buying time in the pocket. Side arm throws.

and as i type this he throws a pick lol

Manziel does have good scrambling abilitity, but I've never seen such a "great quarterback" throw so many jump balls in the air and have them magically come down by his own player. He's gonna get slaughtered in the NFL. Which leads me to...

agarcia34 wrote:
Oh look Evans again with a TD that's number 4 on the day today! 6 rec 215 yards if he runs a 4.5 he will be a top 15 pick.

Evans is looking legit though. He's the only reason why Manziel gets away with aforementioned jump balls. He's smooth for being 6'5 and he has great hands. He almost reminds of Jeff Samardzija from Notre Dame, who nearly helped Brady Quinn be the top overall pick. I don't know if I buy the top 15 or even the top WR, but he's certainly climbing up the boards, especially since Marqise Lee re-aggravated his injury today.

Does Albert Haynesworth mean anything to you. He was the most physically gifted DT in the NFL He only played hard in contract years and after he got payed he didn't even try.
No one ever question Clowney's physical abilities, it's his mental makeup people worry about

Clowney isn't going to participate in the combine he's having an operation on his heel after this season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: