Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers Cut WR Chris Harper
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: 49ers Cut WR Chris Harper Reply with quote

Quote:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch 2h
#49ers release WR/TE Chris Harper, presumably clearing room for DL help. http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/10/17/49ers-release-harper-presumably-clearing-spot-for-defensive-lineman/

So much for the Delanie Walker 2.0 experiment.

But this likely means we bring up someone from the practice squad, or PUP list.

Last edited by J-ALL-DAY on Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 49ers Cut WR Chris Harper Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

I heard somewhere that we had signed Bethel-Thompson

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
rudyZ

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 49ers Cut WR Chris Harper Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

We cut Skelton for him.

We must be activating someone off the PUP list, or we have a mystery FA lined up, that's the only possibilities.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 49ers Cut WR Chris Harper Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

We cut Skelton for him.

We must be activating someone off the PUP list, or we have a mystery FA lined up, that's the only possibilities.

And considering the position I am thinking it will be Mario. but of course it could be for Eric Wright who I think had an illness more than an injury I think?

DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually looking like Dial or Purcell

big9erfan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: 49ers Cut WR Chris Harper Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Making room for Manningham?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
Actually looking like Dial or Purcell

Hadn't thought about them bringing him up so soon. Maybe, I think, to me that is, it depends on how healthy Dorsey is.

Good news / Bad news from yesterday's practice. Our entire starting d-line did not practice. That's obviously the bad. The good is that meant a lot more reps for Dial and Carradine.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 49ers Cut WR Chris Harper Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

We had our choice of safeties, except for one and I suppose we could even have traded up for him. We took Reid and he's playing at a near pro bowl level. We also pretty much had our choice of TEs and went out of our way to take McDonald. I sure hope we start seeing a whole lot more of him - and that what we see is near first round talent.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 49ers Cut WR Chris Harper Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

We had our choice of safeties, except for one and I suppose we could even have traded up for him. We took Reid and he's playing at a near pro bowl level. We also pretty much had our choice of TEs and went out of our way to take McDonald. I sure hope we start seeing a whole lot more of him - and that what we see is near first round talent.

It seems like recently McDonald has been doing well as a blocker. But its a mystery as to why he's so underutilized as a receiver. I don't even see him running routes out there.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manningham likely won't be back until the bye week but we are definitely bringing up a DL.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 49ers Cut WR Chris Harper Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

If he's still on the team for the Jags game, he'd be the first player to play in London twice in the same year. So there's that....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 49ers Cut WR Chris Harper Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

It seems like recently McDonald has been doing well as a blocker. But its a mystery as to why he's so underutilized as a receiver. I don't even see him running routes out there.

They probably make him block more so Davis can go run routes and go out as a WR more.

AndyLeesAunt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 49ers Cut WR Chris Harper Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

They probably make him block more so Davis can go run routes and go out as a WR more.

I think the issue with my guy Vance is a combination of our extensive playbook and the simple fact that he isn't a very polished route runner.
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 49ers Cut WR Chris Harper Reply with quote

AndyLeesAunt wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

I think the issue with my guy Vance is a combination of our extensive playbook and the simple fact that he isn't a very polished route runner.

Yea, if we can all remember VD was more of a blocker his first few years.

big9erfan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 49ers Cut WR Chris Harper Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

I hate to say it but I fear that McDonald doesn't see the field as much as I hoped, and James doesn't even suit up because neither is a very good blocker. yeah, that's important, but so is having some kind of passing offense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: