Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I'm Bored time for my early 2014 Mock....

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DirtyJersey9er


Joined: 17 Feb 2006
Posts: 3842
Location: Jersey
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: I'm Bored time for my early 2014 Mock.... Reply with quote

I am assuming the following things....

1. Kansas City wins more than 8 games and actually makes the playoffs as a wild card.

2. We keep Whitner, Brock, and Manningham or Boldin. Tarrell Brown, Nnamdi Asomugha, and Boldin or Manningham sign with another team. Carlos Rogers is a cap casualty.

3. We get a 3rd round comp.

We trade up in round 1. Our first rounder + our 3rd rounder

Round 1: Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, Oregon- This will be the guy to make our secondary deadly for the future paired with Cully.

Round 2(a): Chris Smith, OLB, Arkansas- This will be a fantastic insurance policy(sorry LaMike) for if Aldon screws up again.

Round 2(b): Dominique Easley, DE, Florida- We got depth and an heir apparent now time to get depth on the other side for RayMac.

Round 3: Devin Street, WR, Pitt- a big bodied WR that we can draft instead of trading for or signing.

Round 3(comp): Ahmad Dixon, SS, Baylor- Best Case we get a guy who will eventually replace (W)Hitner. Worst case we use a comp pick on a ST guy.
_________________
Welcome to the 9ers Q!

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
AndyLeesAunt


Joined: 21 Feb 2013
Posts: 990
Location: New York
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Ifo Ekpre-Olomu but I really hope, that if we do trade up in the 1st, we do it for Watkins

He reminds me of Julio

My draft crush FASHO
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyJersey9er


Joined: 17 Feb 2006
Posts: 3842
Location: Jersey
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyLeesAunt wrote:
I really like Ifo Ekpre-Olomu but I really hope, that if we do trade up in the 1st, we do it for Watkins

He reminds me of Julio

My draft crush FASHO


if the trade up is for Ifo I would make it mostly a trade up before Cincy so not much of a move up.

For Watkins I would prob have them throwing in the Tennessee pick and not our own 3.
_________________
Welcome to the 9ers Q!

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 14413
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming Aldon will get himself under control with his rehab and everything will work out for him. So with him and Brooks and Lemonier I think we're more than set at OLB. Haven't seen Carradine play, but I'm hoping he turns into a stud. So I'm also not looking to use a high pick on a DE. I'd say CB and WR look like our biggest needs.

And we could use the same kind of guy in both spot. I don't want small and fast, or big and slow. I want big and fast for both spots.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 7184
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Ifo, but if we go CB in the first round, I'm wondering if he's too small for us. Baalke has that Al Davis gene to him, and I think if he's looking corner, he's looking at corners 6 feet and taller. He's listed at 5'10", and honestly, thats really the shortest he could possibly be if he wants a legit shot at playing outside, and that would still require him to be very very good.

If we look at bigger ones, I'm really liking what I see from Kyle Fuller. Roby has me off a little bit given his struggles, and i don't know why, but I have yet to hop aboard the Purifoy train, though that may change as I watch more tape.
_________________


Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 9342
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think we need to grab a wr in the first three rounds.

also hoping we grab a qb too
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyJersey9er


Joined: 17 Feb 2006
Posts: 3842
Location: Jersey
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
I like Ifo, but if we go CB in the first round, I'm wondering if he's too small for us. Baalke has that Al Davis gene to him, and I think if he's looking corner, he's looking at corners 6 feet and taller. He's listed at 5'10", and honestly, thats really the shortest he could possibly be if he wants a legit shot at playing outside, and that would still require him to be very very good.

If we look at bigger ones, I'm really liking what I see from Kyle Fuller. Roby has me off a little bit given his struggles, and i don't know why, but I have yet to hop aboard the Purifoy train, though that may change as I watch more tape.


Purifoy is one I have been looking into too. But I think the main reason the team looks at big bodied WRs and CBs is to combat what the rest of the division is doing.
_________________
Welcome to the 9ers Q!

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
NinerNation21


Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Posts: 1744
Location: South Central PA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it's too early to pick specific players to draft but it's certainly not too early picking positions to draft. I look at walterfootball.com mock drafts every week and they consistently have us taking a NT, DE, CB in the first couple rounds. While I agree with CB, I dont agree with D lineman that early.

I would be on board with a CB, WR, OLB in the early rounds. Maybe OT, DE/NT, or S in the middle rounds. Doubling up on some early round positions, project QB, TE, ILB in the later rounds. Maybe a kicker this year? We seem reluctant in drafting a kicker so who knows about that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DirtyJersey9er


Joined: 17 Feb 2006
Posts: 3842
Location: Jersey
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
For me, it's too early to pick specific players to draft but it's certainly not too early picking positions to draft. I look at walterfootball.com mock drafts every week and they consistently have us taking a NT, DE, CB in the first couple rounds. While I agree with CB, I dont agree with D lineman that early.

I would be on board with a CB, WR, OLB in the early rounds. Maybe OT, DE/NT, or S in the middle rounds. Doubling up on some early round positions, project QB, TE, ILB in the later rounds. Maybe a kicker this year? We seem reluctant in drafting a kicker so who knows about that.


I think Walter doesn't realize that Tank is going to be the Justin Smith replacement. But wherever we can get the pass rush you can never have enough of those.
_________________
Welcome to the 9ers Q!

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
John232


Joined: 05 Jan 2006
Posts: 10652
Location: A place where everybody is from somewhere else.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think for our first 6 picks in order of importance it should be.

WR:Boldin is still a player, but he's old,Crabtree besides the obvious future injury concerns, there's also a contract negotiation that is far from a sure thing. Manningham is solid, but nothing special and once again...injury concerns. KW, Patton and Baldwin are all going to be fighting for a spot next year. What we need most is an outside stretch threat. Every year Harbaugh was at Stanford he was recruiting guys like this for his offense. Owusu, Baldwin, all those guys can get deep real fast. It's something we lack and it's reflecting in our offensive numbers.


CB-Aging secondary, plus T.Brown being a FA makes this fairly obvious imo. Not to mention Cully/Brock are really the only guys that are young and have a future.

NT-I'm not as sold as everyone else on Ian Williams/Dorsey. I think they're solid player, but I don't think they are doing the same quality job as Sopo did. And even then we could of done better. If we can get a really good NT, it's going to make us impossible to play against.

OG-if anything, do it for depth reasons. Kilgore, Looney, Snyder is not depth. There's also the situation with Mike Iuaptai. This is a personal philosophy of mine, but I believe that you should be drafting a lineman every year in the draft. It's an incredibly hard position to develop but it can also be very scheme specific.

QB-Before everyone loses their head, I say this because i'm very scared at our depth. CK has been average at best, but if he goes down, We'll have NO hopes of an explosive offense. No more deep passes to VD. Also...insurance policies aren't a bad thing. That's what Russell Wilson was.

SS-Hitner, is still playing relatively well. His coverage is shaky at best, but he rarely misses tackles, makes the calls and is great at getting people in position on the field. (losing goldson helps a lot with that too). However, he is old and his paycheck is fairly solid. He's not an immediate replacement, but he maybe has one more season here as a starter.
_________________

xsaMainevent on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 9342
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:
For me, it's too early to pick specific players to draft but it's certainly not too early picking positions to draft. I look at walterfootball.com mock drafts every week and they consistently have us taking a NT, DE, CB in the first couple rounds. While I agree with CB, I dont agree with D lineman that early.

I would be on board with a CB, WR, OLB in the early rounds. Maybe OT, DE/NT, or S in the middle rounds. Doubling up on some early round positions, project QB, TE, ILB in the later rounds. Maybe a kicker this year? We seem reluctant in drafting a kicker so who knows about that.


I think Walter doesn't realize that Tank is going to be the Justin Smith replacement. But wherever we can get the pass rush you can never have enough of those.

just checked... he does

this is with our late 2nd round pick

Quote:
San Francisco 49ers: Dominique Easley, DE, Florida
San Francisco grabs more defensive line talent with a potential understudy for Justin Smith. Easley and Tank Carradine could be a great tandem to replace Smith and Ray McDonald. With the drafting of Carradine and Marcus Lattimore, the 49ers have proven they're willing to select players coming back from knee injuries

Easley was a dominant force this year before an ACL tear in practice cut his season short. He led the way for the Gators' defense to put on impressive displays against Miami and Tennessee. Easley caused a lot of havoc at the point of attack and created a lot of negative plays for the Hurricanes. The senior also drew three holding penalties in that game. The 6-foot-2, 282-pound Easley is in the running with Jadeveon Clowney for the best get-off in college football, but unlike Clowney, Easley has a non-stop motor and never takes plays off.

Easley recorded 26 tackles and a team-leading four sacks last year. He also had 8.5 tackles for a loss and one pass batted. Easley missed two games with nagging injuries. The junior was quiet in the first half of the season, but was playing well to finish the year. He was strong, fast and disruptive. Easley was very capable of a huge senior season to rise high in the 2014 NFL Draft. He made a good decision to return to school - despite the injury.

Easley played defensive tackle in 2011. The sophomore flashed truly disruptive speed at the point of attack, recording 37 tackles, 7.5 tackles for a loss and 1.5 sacks. He suffered a torn ACL late in 2011, and that could have contributed to him starting slowly in 2012. Easley has experience playing 3-4 defensive end as well as 4-3 end and tackle.

_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Swift21


Joined: 20 Oct 2011
Posts: 1101
Location: SF
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
I'm assuming Aldon will get himself under control with his rehab and everything will work out for him. So with him and Brooks and Lemonier I think we're more than set at OLB. Haven't seen Carradine play, but I'm hoping he turns into a stud. So I'm also not looking to use a high pick on a DE. I'd say CB and WR look like our biggest needs.

And we could use the same kind of guy in both spot. I don't want small and fast, or big and slow. I want big and fast for both spots.


Aldon's still facing a suspension likely next season. It would be very smart to pick up another pass rusher.

I love the Easley pick. Another pick we can stash away until he's healthy.
_________________

Sig credit goes to IDOG_det
SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SFaithful97


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 2975
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift21 wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
I'm assuming Aldon will get himself under control with his rehab and everything will work out for him. So with him and Brooks and Lemonier I think we're more than set at OLB. Haven't seen Carradine play, but I'm hoping he turns into a stud. So I'm also not looking to use a high pick on a DE. I'd say CB and WR look like our biggest needs.

And we could use the same kind of guy in both spot. I don't want small and fast, or big and slow. I want big and fast for both spots.


Aldon's still facing a suspension likely next season. It would be very smart to pick up another pass rusher.

I love the Easley pick. Another pick we can stash away until he's healthy.
I am unwilling to jump to conclusions about if there will be a suspension for him, and if so the length of it. It is such a wildcard. On one hand, the issues with Aldon are very serious and legal in nature. His substance abuse, and gun violations are ones the NFL has had players involved with in the past and I am sure has no tolerance for at this point. On the other hand, this is the first time I have ever heard of a player/team voluntarily removing said player from the line-up in order to get treatment before any hint of discipline from the league. That kind of move is one that makes it very hard to even guess if/what the penalty will be from the league office. They might just tell him to volunteer time with anti-substance abuse programs for kids, they might fine him, etc. I think a suspension of more than a game or two is very unlikely because they won't want to deter players from the route he took in the future. If they suspend him for many games, why on earth would a player decide to seek treatment during the season ever again? I think it likely the league will look to "reward" this course of action with a lesser penalty.
_________________

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Swift21


Joined: 20 Oct 2011
Posts: 1101
Location: SF
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFaithful97 wrote:
Swift21 wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
I'm assuming Aldon will get himself under control with his rehab and everything will work out for him. So with him and Brooks and Lemonier I think we're more than set at OLB. Haven't seen Carradine play, but I'm hoping he turns into a stud. So I'm also not looking to use a high pick on a DE. I'd say CB and WR look like our biggest needs.

And we could use the same kind of guy in both spot. I don't want small and fast, or big and slow. I want big and fast for both spots.


Aldon's still facing a suspension likely next season. It would be very smart to pick up another pass rusher.

I love the Easley pick. Another pick we can stash away until he's healthy.
I am unwilling to jump to conclusions about if there will be a suspension for him, and if so the length of it. It is such a wildcard. On one hand, the issues with Aldon are very serious and legal in nature. His substance abuse, and gun violations are ones the NFL has had players involved with in the past and I am sure has no tolerance for at this point. On the other hand, this is the first time I have ever heard of a player/team voluntarily removing said player from the line-up in order to get treatment before any hint of discipline from the league. That kind of move is one that makes it very hard to even guess if/what the penalty will be from the league office. They might just tell him to volunteer time with anti-substance abuse programs for kids, they might fine him, etc. I think a suspension of more than a game or two is very unlikely because they won't want to deter players from the route he took in the future. If they suspend him for many games, why on earth would a player decide to seek treatment during the season ever again? I think it likely the league will look to "reward" this course of action with a lesser penalty.


I think you may have contradicted yourself. You said you were unwilling to jump to conclusions if there would be a suspension. But that's kind of what you were doing near the end of your post.
_________________

Sig credit goes to IDOG_det
SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 7184
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John232 wrote:
I think for our first 6 picks in order of importance it should be.

WR:Boldin is still a player, but he's old,Crabtree besides the obvious future injury concerns, there's also a contract negotiation that is far from a sure thing. Manningham is solid, but nothing special and once again...injury concerns. KW, Patton and Baldwin are all going to be fighting for a spot next year. What we need most is an outside stretch threat. Every year Harbaugh was at Stanford he was recruiting guys like this for his offense. Owusu, Baldwin, all those guys can get deep real fast. It's something we lack and it's reflecting in our offensive numbers.


CB-Aging secondary, plus T.Brown being a FA makes this fairly obvious imo. Not to mention Cully/Brock are really the only guys that are young and have a future.

NT-I'm not as sold as everyone else on Ian Williams/Dorsey. I think they're solid player, but I don't think they are doing the same quality job as Sopo did. And even then we could of done better. If we can get a really good NT, it's going to make us impossible to play against.

OG-if anything, do it for depth reasons. Kilgore, Looney, Snyder is not depth. There's also the situation with Mike Iuaptai. This is a personal philosophy of mine, but I believe that you should be drafting a lineman every year in the draft. It's an incredibly hard position to develop but it can also be very scheme specific.

QB-Before everyone loses their head, I say this because i'm very scared at our depth. CK has been average at best, but if he goes down, We'll have NO hopes of an explosive offense. No more deep passes to VD. Also...insurance policies aren't a bad thing. That's what Russell Wilson was.

SS-Hitner, is still playing relatively well. His coverage is shaky at best, but he rarely misses tackles, makes the calls and is great at getting people in position on the field. (losing goldson helps a lot with that too). However, he is old and his paycheck is fairly solid. He's not an immediate replacement, but he maybe has one more season here as a starter.


I'd say that WR and CB are the top priorities; we have 3 wide outs who are free agents (Boldin, Rio, Williams), and potentially 5 corners who won't be back next year (Brown, Brock, Nnamdi, Wright all free agents, Cox is a restricted free agent...and then we are definitely going to cut Rogers). I think we re-sign Brock and Cox, sign someone through free agency, and draft a corner.

After that, I agree 100% on the Quarterback. I want one in the first 3 rounds, and I won't be shy about it; I think we need to do it not only for a potentially quality backup, but also someone who would have the potential to take over in 2 years if Kaep is what he has been showing so far this year. I can't imagine that Baalke would be too keen on locking him up to an expensive extension if he continues to play as he has this year. Obviously we won't know until we get everyone back and see how he plays, but it has to be considered.

Safety will also be a need again, as I believe Whitner is a free agent, though I think we will resign him to like a 2 year deal. I think he's only 29 or something like that. If we don't do that, I think we'll sign a veteran in free agency; quality safeties seem to hang around the free agent market.

After that, interior offensive line, DE, and OLB could all use some depth.
_________________


Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group