Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oakland Coliseum City planning gets go ahead from city
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ch8878


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 2620
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject: Oakland Coliseum City planning gets go ahead from city Reply with quote



A major step in the efforts to keep the Raiders in Oakland occurred Tuesday evening. The city council voted yes to the proposal by the Bay Investment Group to extend the planning period for the Coliseum City development project.

The planning period extension period was important because the project has gained two big investors in recent months which changes brings the $2 billion dollar project closer to a reality.

The previous proposal which had plans drawn up over the past year would have required public subsidy which was a big sticking point because there isn't a lot of public funds available for such an ambitious project and the taxpayers are hesitant to foot the bill.

The Raiders are a key tenant in the project but Bay Investment Group will be asking for all three sports teams to sign a letter saying they are on board by as late as April. This would allow an additional six months to tailor plans according to whether they will be including facilities for the Raiders, A's, and Warriors or just one or two of those franchises.

There is an outside chance they could receive no opt-in letter from any of the teams as all three have shown some interest in moving elsewhere in recent years.

Applause
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ch8878


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 2620
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiders with a retractable stadium how cool would that be?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dat Raider


Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 4464
Location: London aka LDN
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is amazing.
_________________
RIP Al Davis. Thank you for this team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darbsk


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 940
Location: Wales, UK
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new stadium should be a replica of the colosseum in Rome (except in silver and black) and have severed heads on pikes at the entrance Twisted Evil
_________________
“It may take us a short while, but we'll get that nastiness of the Raiders back.”
Mr. Al Davis RIP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11573
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocking, Trask leaves and stadium talks get further than they've ever been LOL. Good news!! VERY good news!!
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darbsk


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 940
Location: Wales, UK
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Shocking, Trask leaves and stadium talks get further than they've ever been LOL. Good news!! VERY good news!!


I know you weren't too keen on Amy Trask JTagg but do you think she was canvassing for a move to LA and that's why she's gone??
_________________
“It may take us a short while, but we'll get that nastiness of the Raiders back.”
Mr. Al Davis RIP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11573
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Shocking, Trask leaves and stadium talks get further than they've ever been LOL. Good news!! VERY good news!!


I know you weren't too keen on Amy Trask JTagg but do you think she was canvassing for a move to LA and that's why she's gone??


She did do SOME good things but she also did a lot of bad. Not derailing this lovely topic though which makes me happy!! When we can finally get rid of the damn dirt infield, I'll be ecstatic. I know she was definitely for the 9ers and Raiders sharing a stadium and she pushed for that, hard. Moving to LA could quite possibly be a reason for it also. It's not sticking out to me now but I'm sure w/ a little research we could find out if she was in favor of that.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickButera


Moderator
Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Posts: 6273
Location: Nevada
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a link to the main article? I'd love to send this to my friends.
_________________
Bah-Weep-Granah-Weep-Nini-Bong

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GJT1347


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 1650
Location: Omaha
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:
The new stadium should be a replica of the colosseum in Rome (except in silver and black) and have severed heads on pikes at the entrance Twisted Evil


*drooling*

also, no lights, just fire. and an actual moat around the field with live animals.
_________________


Props to Palooka ^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11573
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJT1347 wrote:
Darbsk wrote:
The new stadium should be a replica of the colosseum in Rome (except in silver and black) and have severed heads on pikes at the entrance Twisted Evil


*drooling*

also, no lights, just fire. and an actual moat around the field with live animals.


LOL I would fly out to Oakland for 2 games a year if they had this. W/o a doubt... even if I was dead broke.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11573
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
Do you have a link to the main article? I'd love to send this to my friends.


Here you go, dude

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2013/10/15/4843794/oakland-coliseum-city-planning-gets-go-ahead-from-city-council
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darbsk


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 940
Location: Wales, UK
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJT1347 wrote:
Darbsk wrote:
The new stadium should be a replica of the colosseum in Rome (except in silver and black) and have severed heads on pikes at the entrance Twisted Evil


*drooling*

also, no lights, just fire. and an actual moat around the field with live animals.


Beautiful GJT!!!! Laughing
_________________
“It may take us a short while, but we'll get that nastiness of the Raiders back.”
Mr. Al Davis RIP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raiders707


Joined: 25 Sep 2008
Posts: 612
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm lost on the photo cuz the only thing by the water is the oakland airport, i think the next exit is hennerberg/96th? or 98th st and wallmart inn n out and the raider image store is so thats not right. and the exit for the coliseum there's a empty lot any who, they better build it there because Mark Davis is concerned about public transportation i.e. BART and the line from the airport should be done soon that's why he also liked the place in Concord thats close to BART as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loveless


Joined: 23 Apr 2013
Posts: 269
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...The latest major development was the interest of HayaH Holding which is one of the largest investment companies in the world, responsible for much of the development of the city of Dubai..."

Shocked I must be reading this wrong, did i just read Dubai Investment Companies and Oakland Colosseum in the same article? The same Dubai Investment Companies that built the "World Islands", "The Burj Khalifa" (Tallest building in the world), "Princess Tower" (Tallest Residential Building in the world), "Almas Tower" (Tallest Office building in the world), and the "JW Marriott Marquis Dubai Hotel" (Tallest Hotel in the world)... We might now actually have enough financial support to create a real life black hole in the end-zone Dancing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raiders707


Joined: 25 Sep 2008
Posts: 612
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loveless wrote:
"...The latest major development was the interest of HayaH Holding which is one of the largest investment companies in the world, responsible for much of the development of the city of Dubai..."

Shocked I must be reading this wrong, did i just read Dubai Investment Companies and Oakland Colosseum in the same article? The same Dubai Investment Companies that built the "World Islands", "The Burj Khalifa" (Tallest building in the world), "Princess Tower" (Tallest Residential Building in the world), "Almas Tower" (Tallest Office building in the world), and the "JW Marriott Marquis Dubai Hotel" (Tallest Hotel in the world)... We might now actually have enough financial support to create a real life black hole in the end-zone Dancing



YEAH LIKE I WOULD WANT JV TO 300 KICK PHILLIP RIVERS DOWN A BLACK HOLE THAT DROPS YOU OFF IN EAST OAKLAND ON 98TH AND MAC ARTHUR!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group