Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oakland Coliseum City planning gets go ahead from city
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ch8878

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject: Oakland Coliseum City planning gets go ahead from city Reply with quote

A major step in the efforts to keep the Raiders in Oakland occurred Tuesday evening. The city council voted yes to the proposal by the Bay Investment Group to extend the planning period for the Coliseum City development project.

The planning period extension period was important because the project has gained two big investors in recent months which changes brings the $2 billion dollar project closer to a reality.

The previous proposal which had plans drawn up over the past year would have required public subsidy which was a big sticking point because there isn't a lot of public funds available for such an ambitious project and the taxpayers are hesitant to foot the bill.

The Raiders are a key tenant in the project but Bay Investment Group will be asking for all three sports teams to sign a letter saying they are on board by as late as April. This would allow an additional six months to tailor plans according to whether they will be including facilities for the Raiders, A's, and Warriors or just one or two of those franchises.

There is an outside chance they could receive no opt-in letter from any of the teams as all three have shown some interest in moving elsewhere in recent years.

Applause

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiders with a retractable stadium how cool would that be?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is amazing.
Darbsk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new stadium should be a replica of the colosseum in Rome (except in silver and black) and have severed heads on pikes at the entrance Twisted Evil
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocking, Trask leaves and stadium talks get further than they've ever been LOL. Good news!! VERY good news!!

PM sig requests.
Darbsk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Shocking, Trask leaves and stadium talks get further than they've ever been LOL. Good news!! VERY good news!!

I know you weren't too keen on Amy Trask JTagg but do you think she was canvassing for a move to LA and that's why she's gone??
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

I know you weren't too keen on Amy Trask JTagg but do you think she was canvassing for a move to LA and that's why she's gone??

She did do SOME good things but she also did a lot of bad. Not derailing this lovely topic though which makes me happy!! When we can finally get rid of the damn dirt infield, I'll be ecstatic. I know she was definitely for the 9ers and Raiders sharing a stadium and she pushed for that, hard. Moving to LA could quite possibly be a reason for it also. It's not sticking out to me now but I'm sure w/ a little research we could find out if she was in favor of that.

PM sig requests.
NickButera

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a link to the main article? I'd love to send this to my friends.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
GJT1347

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:
The new stadium should be a replica of the colosseum in Rome (except in silver and black) and have severed heads on pikes at the entrance Twisted Evil

*drooling*

also, no lights, just fire. and an actual moat around the field with live animals.

Props to Palooka ^
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJT1347 wrote:
Darbsk wrote:

*drooling*

also, no lights, just fire. and an actual moat around the field with live animals.

LOL I would fly out to Oakland for 2 games a year if they had this. W/o a doubt... even if I was dead broke.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
Do you have a link to the main article? I'd love to send this to my friends.

Here you go, dude

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2013/10/15/4843794/oakland-coliseum-city-planning-gets-go-ahead-from-city-council

PM sig requests.
Darbsk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJT1347 wrote:
Darbsk wrote:

*drooling*

Beautiful GJT!!!! Laughing
raiders707

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm lost on the photo cuz the only thing by the water is the oakland airport, i think the next exit is hennerberg/96th? or 98th st and wallmart inn n out and the raider image store is so thats not right. and the exit for the coliseum there's a empty lot any who, they better build it there because Mark Davis is concerned about public transportation i.e. BART and the line from the airport should be done soon that's why he also liked the place in Concord thats close to BART as well.
Loveless

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...The latest major development was the interest of HayaH Holding which is one of the largest investment companies in the world, responsible for much of the development of the city of Dubai..."

Shocked I must be reading this wrong, did i just read Dubai Investment Companies and Oakland Colosseum in the same article? The same Dubai Investment Companies that built the "World Islands", "The Burj Khalifa" (Tallest building in the world), "Princess Tower" (Tallest Residential Building in the world), "Almas Tower" (Tallest Office building in the world), and the "JW Marriott Marquis Dubai Hotel" (Tallest Hotel in the world)... We might now actually have enough financial support to create a real life black hole in the end-zone Dancing
raiders707

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loveless wrote:
"...The latest major development was the interest of HayaH Holding which is one of the largest investment companies in the world, responsible for much of the development of the city of Dubai..."

Shocked I must be reading this wrong, did i just read Dubai Investment Companies and Oakland Colosseum in the same article? The same Dubai Investment Companies that built the "World Islands", "The Burj Khalifa" (Tallest building in the world), "Princess Tower" (Tallest Residential Building in the world), "Almas Tower" (Tallest Office building in the world), and the "JW Marriott Marquis Dubai Hotel" (Tallest Hotel in the world)... We might now actually have enough financial support to create a real life black hole in the end-zone Dancing

YEAH LIKE I WOULD WANT JV TO 300 KICK PHILLIP RIVERS DOWN A BLACK HOLE THAT DROPS YOU OFF IN EAST OAKLAND ON 98TH AND MAC ARTHUR!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: