You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

QB's I'm impressed With
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Plucky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
More I think about it, the more I think we draft Logan Thomas from VT

He is massive, bigger than most TE at 6'6 250

Multi year starter, granted he regressed in 2013, all his issues are mechanical and his WR sucked so bad in 2013

He could sit behind Palmer and Stanton for a year or two and as a rookie would be cheaper than Lindley who also has less potential than Thomas

Now I am not a fan of Thomas but he is what Arians covets and with a year of learning or two he could be the future

I could see him being picked in either the third or fourth come may

I read somewhere with an interview with BA and he laughed at the subject of drafting a QB. He said we have one and two pretty good ones for back ups. He said we are a win now team, and he won't draft a QB to sit behind Palmer and learn. He said you learn by reps if you aren't out there you aren't learning. I don't think he drafts a QB.

Palmer threw for 4000 yards and 20+ td's and 60+% passing. Not many rookies are going to come in and repeat that. We just need to get stronger offensively up front.
mtdowner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like BA frequently contradicts himself and spews a lot of nonsense in his interviews. It would be silly to take QB off our board with the number of quality QB prospects in this draft. Plus Keim's the one who's probably thinking about the future.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't give up any leverage when there is no need too.

Remember, draft is still more than 3 months away
JLW

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't bother listening to what Bruce says to the media for anything other than entertainment value.

Most coaches wouldn't even comment on the draft this far out. In an interview with Whiz after the Titans hiring, they couldn't get anything out of him one way or the other on whether he wanted to stick with Locker or draft a QB. He "wouldn't rule anything out."

Bruce is seeming to be the polar opposite. He will give you an opinion on whatever you ask him, even if he hasn't actually formed an opinion on the matter yet. And he won't hesitate to go back on his word.

I doubt he's even really started evaluating all the QBs in the class yet, and even if he had, it's not his decision to make. I wouldn't rule out drafting a QB, even at 20, just because he stuck behind his guys and showed confidence in them in January.

Anyways, as far as QBs go, this is how I feel about the class.

Guys I would be okay trading up for if they somehow fell out of the top 10:
Bridgewater
Bortles

Guys I would be okay with at 20:
Carr

Guys I would be okay with in round 2:
Brett Smith
Garoppolo

Guys I would be okay with in round 4 or later:
Mathews
Mettenberger

Everyone else is either undraftable, or there's not enough video of them for me to have formed a proper opinion on them. I could potentially be sold on Manziel, but that's it.

I have a hunch our front office really likes Smith. I think Smith in the second round is the most likely scenario in which the Cardinals draft a QB.
TheMachONE

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garopppolo needs to be a Cardinal. Would love it if we took him in the 2nd round. Maybe he even falls to us in the 3rd. I really want to see him sit out for the season so he can work with BA on his mechanics and the scheme and then become our QB moving forward.

[quote="Childish Gambino"]Funny the day you born that's really your death sentence[/quote]
holeman1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:31 am    Post subject: blake bortles Reply with quote

he's not under the radar anymore, now a lot of ppl have him as the number 1 pick
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't get this love affair with Garappolo; Sure he has that lightning quick release and a good arm, but you get two very different QB's with him. Under Pressure and Not under pressure, He panics when the pocket gets messy and tends to drop his eyes leading to bad things.

Add in the fact that he tends to stare down receivers and read only half of the field and you being to get compounding problems that I think will only intensify as his level of competition gets greater.

I think he is OK, but I'm not going to draft him in the top 100 picks.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went and re-watched a few Garoppolo games to look for those flaws and I'm not seeing them to an extent that they are really worrying me.

He is under pressure so rarely because he gets the ball out quickly, and when he is it's usually someone coming completely untouched and the pressure is overwhelming to the point where he can't be expected to really do anything. But I did notice that he doesn't really keep his eyes downfield when he escapes the pocket and just tries to pick up what few yards he can with his legs. There's an element of panic there when he is flushed from the pocket.

One thing that doesn't show up on video is that he supposedly runs the offense at the line of scrimmage. He ends up throwing to his first read pretty often, and I imagine it's because he knows exactly where he's going pre-snap.

Could he get better about not staring down his receivers? Sure. But he displays a pretty deadly pump fake quite often so he is clearly aware of defenders reading him. And how many QBs are actually good at manipulating defenses with their eyes coming out of college, especially ones from FCS schools with what is likely limited coaching?

As far as QBs with problems under pressure go, would you prefer him to Carr? The common knock on Carr is his problems with pressure, but he is the opposite of Garoppolo. He never stops looking downfield. The only thing he does is fade away from pressure when he throws, which is something he does pretty often even when unpressured. I would go as far as to say Carr's problem with pressure might be purely being undisciplined with his footwork. From what I have seen he is clearly not afraid of contact. I've seen him run full speed into defenders and I've seen him throw some of the biggest blocks I've seen a QB throw.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18

Jump to: