Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Yates or Keenum, Schaub is out
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jch1911


Joined: 21 Mar 2009
Posts: 3699
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Ian Rapaport is reporting Schaub has torn ligaments in his ankle and will attempt to play through it, although we won't be "right" the rest of the season.

1) Matt have the surgery, make your millions and ride off into the sunset.

2) Kub, if you start an immobile QB with a bum ankle, you should be fired immediately

I think Kubiak read your post Laughing
Quote:
Case Keenum will start Sunday's Week 9 game against the Colts.
per rotoworld
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4779
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaaannnndddd Kub just announced Case is the starter for this week!'
_________________

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
31 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 30293
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES!

Good move by Kubiak. What does he have to lose by starting Keenum? It gives Keenum the remaining 9 games to see if he can be the starting qb for the Texans. If he falters, then we know that we have to address QB next year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 9498
Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this will put to rest the debate on whether or not Keenum can be an nfl QB. We will all know soon enough.

I think this puts to rest any possibility of us going on a run at the playoffs. I'm not saying that to bash Keenum but it's too big a hole for basically a rookie QB

I wonder if this move gets Kubiak a pass on the season and a chance to bring in a new QB next year. My thought is Kubiak stays unless we go on a terrible streak and finish like 4-12 or something. 8-8 or better gets Kubiak 1 more season
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
34 catches 419 yards 1 TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 33516
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was glad to see Keenum getting the nod. Hope he can be the guy in Houston. If not, at least it looks like you aren't stuck with Schaub anymore.
_________________

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Apollo Stallion


Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Posts: 5601
Location: Battle Red State
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
I guess this will put to rest the debate on whether or not Keenum can be an nfl QB. We will all know soon enough.

I think this puts to rest any possibility of us going on a run at the playoffs. I'm not saying that to bash Keenum but it's too big a hole for basically a rookie QB

I wonder if this move gets Kubiak a pass on the season and a chance to bring in a new QB next year. My thought is Kubiak stays unless we go on a terrible streak and finish like 4-12 or something. 8-8 or better gets Kubiak 1 more season


Bringing Kubiak back would set this franchise back 4 years. The Texans clearly will be drafting a QB early and Kubiak should not be anywhere near that decision making process or his development. You want a new coach building around his new QB, not some lame duck desperately try to hold onto his job and making short-term decisions to protect himself (like protecting the fragile ego of his QB rather than drafting a viable replacement). Bringing back Kubiak is inherently limiting as he will draft the player he feels best fits his system and his antiquated system is a huge part of the problem. Heck, after he so badly mangled our obvious WR need in 2012 by getting cute with the Posey/Martin picks, I would not put it past Kubiak to miss out on one of the elite QBs in this class for yet another lame 1990's prototype Qb like AJ McArron whom he deems "a winner."

Kubiak will end this season with 2 playoff seasons in 8 seasons in a soft division and likely have a career W-L right back at .500 which is about right for this mediocre coordinator/coach who made a bad offense good then enjoyed 2 playoff years largely due to the impact of Wade Phillips taking a defense from average to great. Now it's the offense that has been bad for a season and a half and at best, Kubiak may get it back to mediocre again. Few coaches get even a 2nd chance in this league, yet Kubiak has been retained after multiple seasons of teams underperforming expectations and their talent level especially the last 6-10 trainwreck and this time, there is absolutely no mistaking who's unit is to blame. At this point he's not only failing as a coordinator, but keeping Marciano, allowing picks like Montgomery, and too many poor on field decisions to count should have cleared up any questions about his ability to lead even if he relinquished the OC reigns. The Texans window has 1 or 2 years left - and it would be a crime to throw another one away thinking that there is something magical Kubiak has been hiding in the first 8.
_________________


12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raz


Joined: 23 Oct 2009
Posts: 582
Location: Reykjavik, Iceland-Dallas, Texas.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:

Bringing Kubiak back would set this franchise back 4 years. The Texans clearly will be drafting a QB early and Kubiak should not be anywhere near that decision making process or his development. You want a new coach building around his new QB, not some lame duck desperately try to hold onto his job and making short-term decisions to protect himself (like protecting the fragile ego of his QB rather than drafting a viable replacement).
Since when has Kubiak been known for making short term decisions regarding the teams future?

Quote:
Bringing back Kubiak is inherently limiting as he will draft the player he feels best fits his system and his antiquated system is a huge part of the problem. Heck, after he so badly mangled our obvious WR need in 2012 by getting cute with the Posey/Martin picks, I would not put it past Kubiak to miss out on one of the elite QBs in this class for yet another lame 1990's prototype Qb like AJ McArron whom he deems "a winner."
And i though Kubiak was the just the Coach and OC but i guess we can add a GM status to his job title.

Quote:
Kubiak will end this season with 2 playoff seasons in 8 seasons in a soft division and likely have a career W-L right back at .500
Soft division?Having maybe the best QB of all time in our division had much to do with our inability to make the playoffs earlier and you know it.It's tough to play teams who have those type of players, it's extremely hard to win the division when those players are in it.

Quote:
which is about right for this mediocre coordinator/coach who made a bad offense good then enjoyed 2 playoff years largely due to the impact of Wade Phillips taking a defense from average to great.
OMG, really?Seriously?Are you for real?

Quote:
Now it's the offense that has been bad for a season and a half and at best, Kubiak may get it back to mediocre again
a year and a half. ok.jpg How were we 6-1 this time last year and with average score of more than 30 ppg. Maybe because of the defense you say... whatever.

Quote:
Few coaches get even a 2nd chance in this league, yet Kubiak has been retained after multiple seasons of teams underperforming expectations and their talent level especially the last 6-10 trainwreck and this time, there is absolutely no mistaking who's unit is to blame. At this point he's not only failing as a coordinator, but keeping Marciano, allowing picks like Montgomery, and too many poor on field decisions to count should have cleared up any questions about his ability to lead even if he relinquished the OC reigns. The Texans window has 1 or 2 years left - and it would be a crime to throw another one away thinking that there is something magical Kubiak has been hiding in the first 8.


Buttom line, the Texans "window" does not have 1 or 2 years left, we have a good all around team it just needs to shore up the most important position in Football.[/b]
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 29094
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raz do you not understand the idea of a lame duck head coach?

You think Kubiak is prepared to plan for 2016 when his job is on the line? Nothing to do with his past history. I thought this was obvious.

You really think Rick Smith picks players without consulting the Head Coach?

How can you disagree with the idea that Phillips turned our defense from awful to great? Go look at the numbers.
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
canyon1


Joined: 17 Feb 2007
Posts: 602
Location: Austin, TX
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wade Phillips made our defense what it is and we are great on defense.

Kubiak is still a good coach just look at what Keenum did running the plays that Kubiak called.

Everyone is freaking out wanting a major overhaul. Just fix the QB position and we will be just fine.

Well we need to fix the line as well but we will be in every game no more blowouts. IF and this is a big IF Keenum is they QB of the future and we can fix the Oline then we can put up a fight with anyone in the league we have a good roster.
_________________
My Teams
NFL: Texans
NBA: Pistons
MLB: Tigers
NHL: Red Wings
NCAAB: Michigan
NCAAF: Michigan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raz


Joined: 23 Oct 2009
Posts: 582
Location: Reykjavik, Iceland-Dallas, Texas.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Raz do you not understand the idea of a lame duck head coach?

You think Kubiak is prepared to plan for 2016 when his job is on the line?
Nothing to do with his past history. I thought this was obvious.

You really think Rick Smith picks players without consulting the Head Coach?

No, i actually think Gary Kubiak definitely has a say in most of the draft process, especially on the offensive side but Apollo does blame Kubiak for the bad and disregards the good. And yes, i think Kubiak is ready to plan for 2016 because he knows he has the owners support.Kubiak has not acted in any way like he is afraid to lose his job.

Quote:
How can you disagree with the idea that Phillips turned our defense from awful to great? Go look at the numbers.

Apollo said that the defense was average before, when in fact it was awful.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 9498
Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just won back to back division titles, and Kubiak I believe has 1 more year on his contract. I think he keeps his job unless we finish in the bottom 10. If we get back into the playoff hunt I think he keeps his job. I would think 8 wins minimum to keep his job

Honestly though if Schaub is in fact as aweful as everyone says then let's give Kubiak and his system the credit for making him into a pro bowl MVP
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
34 catches 419 yards 1 TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 29094
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has a less succesful coach ever remained in the same job as long as Kubiak?
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raz


Joined: 23 Oct 2009
Posts: 582
Location: Reykjavik, Iceland-Dallas, Texas.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Has a less succesful coach ever remained in the same job as long as Kubiak?

Tom Landry
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
canyon1


Joined: 17 Feb 2007
Posts: 602
Location: Austin, TX
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack Del Rio
_________________
My Teams
NFL: Texans
NBA: Pistons
MLB: Tigers
NHL: Red Wings
NCAAB: Michigan
NCAAF: Michigan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 29094
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raz wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Has a less succesful coach ever remained in the same job as long as Kubiak?

Tom Landry


Thats a reach.
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group