Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 7 GDT Vikings @ Giants Muppet Man vs Mr. Clutch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reckless123

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Wilson is still the answer, I can't believe people act like he is done already. You saw Yesterday that its not David Wilson, its clearly the o-line. Peyton Hillis did well in the receiving game but offered little outside rushing. So did Cox.

And thank the Lord for Jon Beason. The best LB we have in a while, even better than AP.

Nicks dropped too many balls, i dont think it was a case of effort. Our receivers did very little in general. If you see that he isnt trying or isnt going full go then youre going to see hesitation because of fear injury. But i dont see that. He was diving for balls, now granted he was missing them but diving for balls shows something. Cruz was similar as well last year with his alligator arms.

I know we had only 1 sack but he had 12 hits which is a big improvement and was a factor in Freeman's inaccuracy (understatement). Which is positive normally recently we have seen 0 sacks and like 2 QB hits. JPP is not 100%, there was a stretch where he wasnt even in the game. Im actually questioning if he will ever be the same.

"Champagne"..."Mountain Range"..."Hugs".
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fracdaddy14 wrote:
Eli threw no picks last night! Throws without a pick streak starts.

Oh...he threw them. They just weren't caught.

Not as worried about sacks after that game either, we got LOTS of pressure on Freeman.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
fracdaddy14 wrote:
Eli threw no picks last night! Throws without a pick streak starts.

Oh...he threw them. They just weren't caught.

Not as worried about sacks after that game either, we got LOTS of pressure on Freeman.

yeah, but he was trying to make 5 step drops and stand in the pocket EVERY PLAY. plus, we knew they weren't going to be running the ball, but how often have we had a lead this year to force the opposition away from the run?? if Freeman knew any of offense and we faced any quick slants or the like, he could've torn us up just like everybody else.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
I've been a Nicks defender and I've been begging for him to get resigned. After last night I'm having strong second thoughts. He is acting like he has that 11.5 million in his back pocket already. He doesn't care.

And on the flipside, from what I saw, Randle looked pretty good.

I'm ok with Nicks walking if it means we get some more talent on this horrible offensive line.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
rjkilla

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so do you guys feel you got a good deal trading a late round pick for beason?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:

If we manage to keep him for a reasonable price then we got a steal.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
IR0NM1KE wrote:
Acgott wrote:
jacobsrules wrote:
Ya know im kinda likin a Hillis Jacobs Brown backfield.

I am not, that is slow slow slow

Anything is better than Wilson. I'd resign Ron Dayne if it meant I didn't have to watch Wilson play another snap.

You're going to be eating your words one day. Wilson is going to be the best RB to ever put on a Giant uniform. Guarantee it.

He better get going soon if he's going to eclipse the likes of Tiki, Joe Morris, Otis Anderson, Hampton, Gifford ...

He's already been good. As a rookie he lead the NFL in kickoff return yards--by almost 300 yards may I add--and had a ypc of over 5 carrying the ball. That was with an OL that was at least, well, not terrible. 5 TDs not bad for a backup with only 75 touches. Some RBs only get that many with 200+ touches. People assume that he's not tough because he's a speedster, but he runs very, very tough surprisingly. David's got all the talent in the world. We've all seen how explosive he can be when he gets into open space. It's really pissing me off that people, especially fantasy owners, see the Giants not able to pick up yards on the ground and automatically assume it's Wilson's fault. First off, he's not getting anywhere near the touches of a starting RB. Only about 9 a game, while some RBs like McCoy, Lynch, and Charles get over double that. How often is it that you see the offensive line this year get a good push or open holes to be able to make room for the runner? It almost never happens. It feels like half the time there's a missed assignment and he's hit as soon as he touches it. Yeah, that's going to negatively skew your ypc a bit, don't you think? Let's not also forget, in 3 of his 4 1/2 games this year he was also running behind a center and a guard who were both apparently "playing" with unknowing injuries; and I quote playing because they literally couldn't block a snail. Snee is now on the season-ending IR, and there's a good chance Baas will be joining him soon, and if not, will still be out for most of the season. So no, it's not Wilson's fault. Even with awful blocking, I often saw a player breaking through tackles and fighting for extra yards. I remember watching with my brother, and he (being a jets fan) was wowing over some of Wilson's runs where he was making something out of nothing(thanks OL), but he seriously gives remarkable effort and it shows. But you can't expect him to be successful when he has zero help from his line and he's getting single digit touches. I'd also like to add, the one game Wilson played when Snee and Baas were both out, he had his best game with 55 yards on 13 caries, 4.2 average, even against the #1 defense in the NFL in Kansas City. This is still with bad run blocking, and we all know that Diehl and Jim Cordle are hardly an improvement. Fact of the matter is: NOBODY should be giving up on Wilson. His time will come, and he will shine, but with limited touches and awful blocking, what do you really expect? No RB is going to put up great numbers when they don't have holes to run through and getting only 9 touches a game.
And the fumbling "problem" is completely overblown by the media. Other than his two fumbles in Week 1 of this year (I'd also like to mention the 2nd wasn't entirely his fault), he only has 1 other fumble in 113 touches. So most of the time the fumbling clearly isn't an issue. Still, his technique will only get better.

I think I'm done ranting, for now.

Still a believer in #22
In Reese We Trust

Last edited by jerseyboy257 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:16 am; edited 2 times in total
rjkilla

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
rjkilla wrote:

If we manage to keep him for a reasonable price then we got a steal.

well i hope he stays healthy and gets back to his pro bowl level. incredibly talented player and an exceptional leader. you're welcome. sincerely yours, gettleman Wink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
First off, he's not getting anywhere near the touches of a starting RB. Only about 9 a game, while some RBs like McCoy, Lynch, and Charles get over double that. How often is it that you see the offensive line this year get a good push or open holes to be able to make room for the runner? It almost never happens. It feels like half the time there's a missed assignment and he's hit as soon as he touches it. Yeah, that's going to negatively skew your ypc a bit, don't you think?

Lest we forget the brainchild that is Gilbride can never refrain from calling a David Wilson run up the gut, followed by a Brandon Jacobs sweep to the right...

#derp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: