Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 7 GDT Vikings @ Giants Muppet Man vs Mr. Clutch
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Week 7 GDT Vikings @ Giants Muppet Man vs Mr. Clutch Reply with quote

In this hellacious battle we have a 0-6 team in the New York football Giants, and on the other side of the ball we have the 1-4 Minnesota Vikings. These two teams have been broken on every side of the field. Eli Manning with 15 interceptions already this year seems to be losing some steps. On the other side of the field Jason Pierre-Paul who has been in a slump since last year. Seeming to be playing through injury he's trying to be a leader on the defense and stir up some motivation for this team. Even our special teams has been playing poor, Josh Brown only completing 66% of his attempts. And Weatherford on pace to break through his career high in punt attempts. Still averaging 45 yards per punt and a touchback percentage of 15, he's one of our most consistent players.

On the other team we have a Quarterback controversy! Unfortunately for Minnesota its the battle of the average, bad, and terrible. Christian Ponder has fell short of expectations by set by Rick Spielman. Matt Cassel even winning a game couldn't guarantee a starting spot. And the free agent pick up of the year being Josh Freeman is leading Minnesota into battle this Monday. Speaking of average, have you seen Adrian Peterson? Only breaking 100 yards once this year against a terrible Pittsburgh defense, Peterson is falling short of the 2,500 yard mark. Peterson not leading this team like he did last year has resulted in the 1-4 start.

Truly this will be a game of the bad and the terrible!

Not a Knicks fan
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP has bigger issues than football. Also this game could end up being very entertaining because of...suck. Razz I fear we may actually win this one.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
AP has bigger issues than football. Also this game could end up being very entertaining because of...suck. Razz I fear we may actually win this one.

Indeed, I did not feel the need to post them though considering he wished to keep them private.

I'm not to sure on us winning though, Josh Freeman is going to want to prove himself and he's done well against us before. We also have a dreadful rush defense which Ap may be able to break all sorts of records against. Plus we're terrible this year and haven't been able to do anything against anyone. We came close to winning last week, but as expected Eli turned the ball over (for the 3rd time that night) to seal our fate. I feel like we may have the same result on Monday.

The game is going to be entertaining to say the least though, every time we face the vikings its usually a slobber knocker where the winner narrowly escapes.

Not a Knicks fan
Rase

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say there's 60% chance of a tie.... The Ultimate Toilet Bowl Showdown...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 7 GDT Vikings @ Giants Muppet Man vs Mr. Clutch Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
Speaking of average, have you seen Adrian Peterson? Only breaking 100 yards once this year against a terrible Pittsburgh defense, Peterson is falling short of the 2,500 yard mark. Peterson not leading this team like he did last year has resulted in the 1-4 start.

AP actually has 63 yards more than this time last year when he went over 2k and was NFL MVP. He is also currently 2nd in the league in Y/G and TD's.

He is doing a bit better than 'average'. Wink

With that said, Giants win this game easily. Eli will turn it around against a historically bad defense, and Freeman hasn't had enough time with the team to be effective.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rase wrote:
I'd say there's 60% chance of a tie.... The Ultimate Toilet Bowl Showdown...

Needs more Jacksonville and Tampa Bay, now that would be the ultimate toilet bowl.

Looks like Freeman will be starting, should make the game at least interesting. Id expect the Giants to have no problem scoring 25+ points, the Vikes defense is really hurting right now.

I expect a big game for Peterson though, he wasnt able to get going last week and I hope that Freeman will do a better job than Cassel last week to keep things competitive.

The Giants should probably get its first win of the season.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 7 GDT Vikings @ Giants Muppet Man vs Mr. Clutch Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
Speaking of average, have you seen Adrian Peterson? Only breaking 100 yards once this year against a terrible Pittsburgh defense, Peterson is falling short of the 2,500 yard mark. Peterson not leading this team like he did last year has resulted in the 1-4 start.

AP actually has 63 yards more than this time last year when he went over 2k and was NFL MVP. He is also currently 2nd in the league in Y/G and TD's.

With that said, Giants win this game easily. Eli will turn it around against a historically bad defense, and Freeman hasn't had enough time with the team to be effective.

I meant that in no disrespect to Peterson, he's still playing well. I just meant average as in average for Peterson. But honestly he's been doing a poor job at leading the offense like he did last year. Granted that really should be the quarterbacks job though.

Not a Knicks fan
Acgott

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much of a playbook can Freeman learn in 2 or 3 weeks?
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:

He's an Nfl quarterback, my best guess is that he's already learned it 4 times over.

Not a Knicks fan
IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:

Enough to embarrass us thoroughly... so like 4-5 plays.

Kidding aside, a new QB means AP gets 20+ carries. Hoping to see Beason improve upon his TNF performance.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
Acgott wrote:

He's an Nfl quarterback, my best guess is that he's already learned it 4 times over.

Agreed, id guess that most of it is the same conceptually. Its just a matter of getting the specific terminology down.

Not sure if you have seen Bill Musgraves' game day play sheet, its tiny. Not even kidding, it looks like the size of an 4x6 piece of paper. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
Acgott wrote:

Agreed, id guess that most of it is the same conceptually. Its just a matter of getting the specific terminology down.

Not sure if you have seen Bill Musgraves' game day play sheet, its tiny. Not even kidding, it looks like the size of an 4x6 piece of paper. Laughing

I dont get why people think it takes months to learn a play book. These people eat, drink, sleep, and live football. They've spent their whole life being the best they can be, and getting to that level requires learning a new style with ease.

Granted the media has set the image of a playbook to that of a dictionary, so some could have a misconception of the size of one. But even if that were the case, if I were being paid to be the starter of an Nfl team you'd best know that I'm learning every play to be the best that I can be.

Not a Knicks fan
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
Acgott wrote:

I dont get why people think it takes months to learn a play book. These people eat, drink, sleep, and live football. They've spent their whole life being the best they can be, and getting to that level requires learning a new style with ease.

Granted the media has set the image of a playbook to that of a dictionary, so some could have a misconception of the size of one. But even if that were the case, if I were being paid to be the starter of an Nfl team you'd best know that I'm learning every play to be the best that I can be.

Many football players aren't the best at studying things. I'm surprised some of them can even dress themselves.

And alot has to do with chemistry. QB/WR combos that spend years in the same system are able to get in each others heads. Peyton & Marvin type.
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is Muppet Man and who is Mr. Clutch? Both look like Muppet Man to me.
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: Re: Week 7 GDT Vikings @ Giants Muppet Man vs Mr. Clutch Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:

He certainly is far from "average," but im getting tired of the way people throw around the "he's behind last year's pace" stuff. He was coming off the surgery. Look at the whole year, or even the half that was "healthier" for. He's well behind his those averages.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: