Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jay Ratliff released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw him. I hate to wish injuries on people, but I hope he signs with a team and rips his groin.

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/10/24/ratliff-v-the-cowboys-a-case-for-the-hazmat-suits/

Seems like this will become a legal matter.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/10/24/ratliff-v-the-cowboys-a-case-for-the-hazmat-suits/

I said before that I didn't think Ratliff would pursue legal action against the cowboys on his own initiative. I still don't. I don't think it's a very good case.

But, I would be all for the cowboys attempting to recover money from RAT. I think it's borderline fraud.
textaz03

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Final lines of the article sum it all up.

Quote:
“This has become a legal matter,” Jones said, “and so you can understand the need to not comment on specifics at this time.”

Would love to recover alot of that CAP back for next year! Rat is dead to me! Go get him Jerry!

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
textaz03

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas-cowboys/post/_/id/4717861/jason-garrett-deflects-jay-ratliff-questions

Quote:
If he signs with another team, they would be able to recoup some of the guaranteed money from his 2013 base salary because of offset language in the deal.

Dallasfan1313

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
Rat is dead to me!

Plan is that you?

textaz03 wrote:
If he signs with another team, they would be able to recoup some of the guaranteed money from his 2013 base salary because of offset language in the deal.

That'll help this year but not the 7 mil in dead money we have from him next year. Confused

R.I.P. B2TB and S.A.

ianlewis16 wrote:
you're my favourite poster

Matts4313 wrote:
DF1313 + Anger = Win for the forum.
htfryar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallasfan1313 wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
Rat is dead to me!

Plan is that you?

textaz03 wrote:

That'll help this year but not the 7 mil in dead money we have from him next year. Confused

We can roll over anything left this year onto next year, so in a roundabout way, it will help next year. I hope we take him for every penny we can.

Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 22 tackles, 4 TFL, 1 sack, 1 Forced Fumble, 1 Pass Break Up
textaz03

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
Dallasfan1313 wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
Rat is dead to me!

Plan is that you?

textaz03 wrote:

We can roll over anything left this year onto next year, so in a roundabout way, it will help next year. I hope we take him for every penny we can.
sad thing is, he only had a 1.3 Mil base salary this year. Not much help there to offset. Recouping signing bonus would go alot further. Will be watching how this plays out if it goes to the courts or if the NFL grants a waiver of some sort.

Rtnldave

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, for all those of us that believe Jerry is terrible GM, me included, this is ONE area where I believe he is Like the hand of God! This is HIS money we are talking about. Jerry didn't get and stay rich by losing legal battles like this one is about to become. I think the Rat just backed himself into a trap! Drown the SOB Jerrah!
Tony7188

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, we all should have seen how much of a dirtbag Jay Ratliff was earlier. He should have been cut after showing his true colors last year. Even though he was dealing with such a "terrible injury" he still had time to go out drinking and driving, a month after Josh Brent killed a person by doing the exact same thing.

Then he wants to blame everybody in the Cowboys origination for trying to make him play while he isn't healthy (from doctors to trainers), but now a week later after getting cut he's healthy. I am sure words can't describe how disgusted the Cowboys are with this guy. I hope they teach this snake in the grass a lesson about being a person with character by getting most of their money back from him.

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Northland

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry Jones is a very smart, shrewd business man. As the article states he knows his way around the court room. I think the last thing that Jerry would have wanted is for this situation to play out in the courts but Jerry and the Cowboys have been misled (that's putting it mildly) by Ratliff and his agent and this is Jerry's money on the line. How can an agent state that if a player could have suited up for a team this year he would have but couldn't due to his injuries, and then send notifications to the rest of the league that his player is ready to go?

Go get em Jerry. Collusion is a bad word but I would love to see Ratliff blacklisted over this. This is a guy (Ratliff) who withheld his services due to a terrible injury, got paid, and suddenly is miraculously recovered and offering his services up to the rest of the league? Isn't this a form of fraud?
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't Jerry and his lawyers just get spanked in the Superbowl ticket lawsuit, or whatever it was about. Jerry and co. was asking for a quarter mil, and the judge gave him 25k, and the opposing lawyer told him to hire a GM with that money.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. I thought something about this whole ordeal stunk and we'd hear about a lawsuit.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
htfryar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know all the other teams have to have been paying attention to this issue. I wonder who will be dumb enough to sign him. If they do, there better be all kinds of clauses in there to protect the team from more mystery injuries.

Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 22 tackles, 4 TFL, 1 sack, 1 Forced Fumble, 1 Pass Break Up
matt79511

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean Lee on Jay Ratliff:

Quote:
If you don't want to be here and you don't want to play with this team, then move on because we have guys who are ready to play, who work extremely hard, who care about this franchise, who care about each other as teammates, and I'd rather go down with guys who want to be here and want to win than win with guys who don't want to be here.

Wow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: