Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6 GDT: IT'S STEELERS WEEK! BAL @ PIT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many images of Stacy Keibler will be posted this week?
1-5
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
5-10
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Who cares, the more the better!
83%
 83%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 12

RavensfanRD

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to give the offense a pass because they finally got a fire under there [inappropriate/removed] after 45 minutes of "meh" football for the 3rd week in a row. We need touchdowns! You keep going 3 and out and leaving the defense on the field isn't helping the matter. And I'm not just talking about today's game. The defense was bad! Terrible! Blaine Gabbert-like, but maybe they're tired from being on the field for 80% more than the offense this season. We can still salvage the season, but it ain't lookin' good. I think we can, but I doubt it.

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Integrity wrote:
M.10.E wrote:
Is anyone actually surprised?

The only thing I'm surprised about is that some of my fellow fans still think we're going anywhere this year. Not only is this team awful, but the lackadaisical effort that the players put forth is so glaringly obvious to me I don't know how anyone can be optimistic about the rest of the season. It seems to me like they just don't care, they got their championship and now they're phoning it in.

Normally I'd be punching holes in the walls after losing to the Steelers, but right now I'm just looking forward to some GTAV before The Walking Dead. Hey, if the team doesn't care, why should I?

We lost by 3 at Pittsburgh. This is nothing new or embarrassing. Did anyone actually think Pittsburgh would play like a 1-win team today?

Hell yes, we are still making the playoffs and then no one will care how we looked in week 7.

We've already lost 4 games and would be lucky to clinch a spot at 9-7... so that means we can only afford 3 more losses.

I'm not confident.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
- Harbaugh once again making one of the most bone-headed coaching decisions I've ever seen. Happens every week.

I'm going to hold you to this. Name a decision Harbs made, every single week, that you would describe as "one of the most bone-headed coaching decisions I've ever seen.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, want to blame anyone? Blame that bend but don't break scheme employed by Pees which has cost us 3 close games this year. It's okay when our offense is scorching and able to give us cushions to work with, but in close game all it does is result in guaranteed loss. I'm not saying get rid of Pees yet, I'm telling him to switch it the hell up given the current ineptitude of our offense, or else he DOES deserve to get the boot.

And idk what you guys saw, but numbers aside and disregarding the horribly predictable off tackle run calls on first down Rice looked the best he has all season today. And I appreciate that they made a consistent effort to get the ball out to him in the flats; some more of that and I think we should continue to see some steady improvement on the offensive side of the ball.

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
Seriously, want to blame anyone? Blame that bend but don't break scheme employed by Pees which has cost us 3 close games this year. It's okay when our offense is scorching and able to give us cushions to work with, but in close game all it does is result in guaranteed loss. I'm not saying get rid of Pees yet, I'm telling him to switch it the hell up given the current ineptitude of our offense, or else he DOES deserve to get the boot.

And idk what you guys saw, but numbers aside and disregarding the horribly predictable off tackle run calls on first down Rice looked the best he has all season today. And I appreciate that they made a consistent effort to get the ball out to him in the flats; some more of that and I think we should continue to see some steady improvement on the offensive side of the ball.

That scheme helped us win the Super Bowl in the last year. It would be great if our defense could neither bend nor break, but I don't think that's possible.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:

It's not going to happen. Coaches ride their ideals until they flame out in a fiery crash. Then they do the same thing when they get another opportunity elsewhere. I don't buy the whole "good coaches change their scheme to fit the players" mantra that the media likes to throw out there. No, good coaches get the right personnel to do what they want. This is pretty much the same type of thing Pees did in New England. Honestly I've been a bit more impressed with some of his playcalling in recent weeks but I'd still rather they go in a different direction at the end of the year. I mean come on, hasn't Harbaugh coached with anybody in his past that's worth anything as a coordinator? We all know that's one of the main criteria to getting in with Baltimore right now.

Last edited by coordinator0 on Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running game did have it's best game of the season. It's still not where it needs to be but it's a step in the right direction. I'm also really excited with the way the receivers are developing from the top (Torrey) down. The tight ends made a couple nice catches, and didn't have any of the facepalm drops they had earlier.

Of course the defense decided to take some steps back today, but I'm excited about what this team could be. I'm not really that disappointed with the loss to the Steelers. Regardless of their record, I had one of their games (likely this away game) as a loss on my mental projection of the schedule.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Running game did have it's best game of the season. It's still not where it needs to be but it's a step in the right direction. I'm also really excited with the way the receivers are developing from the top (Torrey) down. The tight ends made a couple nice catches, and didn't have any of the facepalm drops they had earlier.

Of course the defense decided to take some steps back today, but I'm excited about what this team could be. I'm not really that disappointed with the loss to the Steelers. Regardless of their record, I had one of their games (likely this away game) as a loss on my mental projection of the schedule.

Yeah, I'm not really upset either at this loss.

But I am quite annoyed at the effort of our front 7.

And as an aside, I'm just starting to get fed up with Ngata. Dude just can't stay healthy and when he's hurt, he's nowhere near as good as when he's not. He's just soft. And these injuries are really starting to derail him. If I didn't like Ngata, the person/actor/character so much, I'd be calling for Ozzie to see if he could get a 1st out of him before the wheels really fall off.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
- Harbaugh once again making one of the most bone-headed coaching decisions I've ever seen. Happens every week.

I'm going to hold you to this. Name a decision Harbs made, every single week, that you would describe as "one of the most bone-headed coaching decisions I've ever seen.

Ugh, of course you would Evil or Very Mad

This week it was the onside kick.
Last week it was throwing before half-time.

And before that I could really care less. It just seems like every week there's something that Harbaugh does that leaves me and multiple others just scratching our heads in wonder.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

And before that I could really care less. It just seems like every week there's something that Harbaugh does that leaves me and multiple others just scratching our heads in wonder.

That's the thing. It's just the last two weeks, and I honestly don't think any of those controversial calls were actually bad decisions.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Two examples. Really? That's what constitutes "every single week" these days? C'mon man.

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onside kick wasn't a bad call. Terrible execution, though. Even though it didn't matter because we both illegally touched and didn't recover, the fact that Miles ran stride for stride with Tucker to go offsides just makes me feel like they didn't prepare that properly in practice or else Miles just didn't know what was going on. But Pittsburgh hadn't punted since the 1st quarter and it was a legitimate concern that the Steelers running game could have milked that clock so much that we could have ended up getting the ball back without enough time to make up whatever deficit we were in. If we recover that onside kick, the entire script of the game switches and we have a chance to start to control the game. That's the sort of risk that's worth taking in a road game where things aren't really going your way you need something big to happen to really get back into things. I like that sort of aggressiveness. Just didn't work out.

The throw at the end of the 1st half against GB wasn't really a great call, simply because there was a higher risk than reward situation going on there. But it's not like someone told Harbs ahead of time that Monroe was going to have his only blown assignment of the whole game. The only people who act like it was a completely terrible call by Harbaugh there are the same people who would have been screaming for his head and calling him gutless had he taken a knee instead, ceded a possession, and headed to the locker room when we theoretically still had a chance to put points on the board. If you're calling it one of the most boneheaded calls you've ever seen a head coach, you're giving away your own agenda. I'm not happy with some of the things that are going on right now either, but c'mon man, this kind of hyperbole does nobody any good. You seem to want Harbaugh to be a bad coach more than you want this team to be good at this point. There are plenty of legitimate critiques to be made without acting like Rich Kotite is our head coach.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game today gents.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Two examples. Really? That's what constitutes "every single week" these days? C'mon man.

There have been more, I just can't think of them on the spot. And it doesn't even constitute this year, it's last year and the year before. Harbaugh's challenges, timeouts, etc.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:
And Pittsburgh gets Oakland next week.

So consider us in third place.

Good game yesterday fellas. Just wanted to comment on this....

We usually suck against the Raiders....especially in Oakland.

I wouldnt be shocked if we lost next week...like, at all.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 31 of 33

Jump to: