Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6 GDT: IT'S STEELERS WEEK! BAL @ PIT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many images of Stacy Keibler will be posted this week?
1-5
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
5-10
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Who cares, the more the better!
83%
 83%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 12

coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Our corners lost us this game, along with Dean Pees.

GG WP Pittsburgh.

Disagree.

Our front 7 lost us this game. Our corner play was actually solid outside of that last drive where Graham missed a tackle that could've been huge and Smith gave up the inside.

Our front 7 (minus the ILB- so 5) was ineffective for much of the game... couldn't stop the run and didn't create any huge plays in the passing game. Actually whiffed on sacks and when getting sacks, effectively facemasked players to nullify it. They're the unit most to blame for not stepping up and being "in this game".

At least all the other units stepped up at some point.

Except when McClain was in, so 5-6 in the front seven were underwhelming. To me it seemed like they were overcommitting and Bell was patient enough to wait and cut it back.
Baltimore Pride

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
If we're playing the blame game I gotta go with the clock management on the TD drive. You give Roethlisberger 2 minutes, especially only needing a FG, you are usually going to lose.

Seriously? Of all the things the Ravens made a mess of in that game, the clock management is the thing you pick out?

Yeah.

We chewed up 8 minutes on that scoring drive, what more do you want?!
To be fair at the point we were playing from behind and we proceeded to give the ball to Big Ben with only 1:58 left and them only needing a FG.

It was a crap-shoot performance all around. The defense was absolutely anti-cluch and the offense did nothing for most of the game.

The coaching was just as bad, if not worse.

Alright, I have to go do homework now so here's my post-game knee-jerk thoughts:

Offense:
- Ray Rice and Bernard Pierce both looked bad today. And Pierce still can't stay healthy. It says A LOT when Vonta Leach was our best runningback.
- Torrey got open when we needed him to, and won the matchup against Ike Taylor.
- Tandon Doss and Jacoby Jones REALLY stepped up today.
- Dallas Clark was absent, but made the catch when it mattered.
- Ed Dickson still sucks.
- Eugene Monroe was a wall, as usual. Everything was as usual on the offensive line except Oher was just terrible today.
- Joe Flacco was straight money on that last drive.

Defense:
- Just an overall terrible effort from everyone. I cannot point out a single good game that was had by any defender today.
- Dean Pees' scheme loses us another game, not a surprise there.
- All 3 of our starting CB's contributed negatively to that loss on the last drive. Webb's penalty, Graham missing a tackle, and Smith DERPING hard on the last play.
- Haloti Ngata is on the decline.
- Elvis Dumervil with his worst game as a Raven by far.
- Lack of a pass rush in general.
- We still can't cover TE's.
- Jameel McClain shouldn't be playing over Arthur Brown.
- Guys can't shed blocks and keep contain in the run game. It's embarrassing watching Marcus Spears get DOMINATED on a zone play by Heath Miller. EMBARRASSING!

Special Teams:
- Harbaugh once again making one of the most bone-headed coaching decisions I've ever seen. Happens every week.
- Why can't we tackle?!

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
If we're playing the blame game I gotta go with the clock management on the TD drive. You give Roethlisberger 2 minutes, especially only needing a FG, you are usually going to lose.

Seriously? Of all the things the Ravens made a mess of in that game, the clock management is the thing you pick out?

Yeah.

So what should they have done? Just taken a knee and given themselves one shot at the end zone once they got past the 2 minute warning?

He wanted them to move faster.

I guess that's fair. But it's not like we have ever run a Chip Kelly offense. They were just trying to score and they did that. It's hard to plan for the possession after when you don't even have a tie-game yet. If they hurry up and keep the same personnel on the field the whole time maybe they don't even score.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically we can all agree that this was a total complete team loss. Coaching staff, offense, defense, everything. Complete team loss today.

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensfanRD wrote:
I personally knew we lost after the onside kick. Like, it's still too much damn time on the clock and you do that after a score? Even though the defense didn't do play all that well, I'll continue to blame the offense. It's just disgusting that you play that badly for 3 and a half quarters then think it's OK to turn it up when it's too got damn late.

How can you blame the offense. They scored on what? 4 of their 6 drives or something like that with two punts?

The defense couldn't get themselves off the field because they couldn't stop the run. Had they not gone for that onside kick, perhaps the offense once again loses rhythm and does nothing.

The defense, particularly the front 7 is to blame for this loss. No way they should be losing at the POA consistently to the Steelers offensive line.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Yeah.

Chew up 6. Leave time to respond if we don't get a stop.

It took almost the entire game just for the Ravens to manage to get the ball into the end zone at all.

If they could have decided, 'we'll score in six minutes on this drive, guys', then they could also have decided, 'we'll score a TD in each quarter and tack on a few FGs, and stroll into the bye.'

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No!

Your coaching and offense loss this game. The Defense gave up field goals man. FIELD GOALS! I'll take that. Were they sloppy? Yeah, but field goals man. Our offense just trolls along for 3 quarters and turn it on when its 4 minutes left.

You're losing 16-9 with about 12 minutes left and you kick an onside kick? Are you fo' serious? ARE YOU SERIOUS?! Offense been struggling all day and you give a team like Pitt a short field for what? It's hard enough as-is.

I thought we'd return to the AFC Championship game to lose to somebody, but got damn... 7-9 is looking more the course right now. Be glad, Ravens! Be glad I'm not Steven!

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly punting at the 5 minute mark would have been more ideal. Of all the scenarios I didn't want to see, tying it at the 2 minute warning was just below a pick 6 or turnover in our side of the 50.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baltimore Pride wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Yeah.

To be fair at the point we were playing from behind and we proceeded to give the ball to Big Ben with only 1:58 left and them only needing a FG.

It was a crap-shoot performance all around. The defense was absolutely anti-cluch and the offense did nothing for most of the game.

The coaching was just as bad, if not worse.

The only play I can really blame on the offense was Joe Flacco missing that touchdown pass to Jacoby Jones. He either under threw it.. or put too much air under it, either way, it's the only big fault. FTMP the OL didn't give up many sacks and kept the pocket clean on most plays. They improved their run blocking to a manageable level. And the WRs were just flat out making plays when given the opportunity. And again, we scored on what 4 of 6 or 4 of 7 drives. That's pretty darn good. Obviously one of those was set up by the defense creating a turnover, but I'd much rather they would have given our offense more TOP to work with their usual dominant front 7 play than crappy play and one defensive turnover.

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Honestly punting at the 5 minute mark would have been more ideal. Of all the scenarios I didn't want to see, tying it at the 2 minute warning was just below a pick 6 or turnover in our side of the 50.

I mean, after we tied the game, we had a kick return for 37 yards, a penalty on our best CB after he got beat deep, a missed tackle that gave them a free 15 yards, and then one of the worst displays of CB play I've ever seen to lose us the game.

I cannot put blame anywhere near the offense for this one. They did their job at the end, and the defense didn't, for the 2nd straight freaking week (and maybe even beyond that). Just terrible job by the defense and coaching staff all-around there at the end, and terrible job by all of our coaches except Caldwell today.

Integrity

M.10.E wrote:
Is anyone actually surprised?

The only thing I'm surprised about is that some of my fellow fans still think we're going anywhere this year. Not only is this team awful, but the lackadaisical effort that the players put forth is so glaringly obvious to me I don't know how anyone can be optimistic about the rest of the season. It seems to me like they just don't care, they got their championship and now they're phoning it in.

Normally I'd be punching holes in the walls after losing to the Steelers, but right now I'm just looking forward to some GTAV before The Walking Dead. Hey, if the team doesn't care, why should I?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integrity wrote:
M.10.E wrote:

The only thing I'm surprised about is that some of my fellow fans still think we're going anywhere this year. Not only is this team awful, but the lackadaisical effort that the players put forth is so glaringly obvious to me I don't know how anyone can be optimistic about the rest of the season. It seems to me like they just don't care, they got their championship and now they're phoning it in.

Normally I'd be punching holes in the walls after losing to the Steelers, but right now I'm just looking forward to some GTAV before The Walking Dead. Hey, if the team doesn't care, why should I?

This is the first time all year where I have to look at leadership on the defense.

They've now failed two games in a row in situations where they can give us a chance to win, but instead falter and lose us the game for sure. It starts with leadership, and there just seems to be NOBODY on this defense that steps up and makes a play when it matters. Webb got roasted deep and committed a penalty, Ngata did nothing, Suggs did nothing, and Daryl Smith didn't do anything either.

Someone has to tell this defense that if they make this stop, they can pretty much WIN the game! They are playing to lose, and it just kills me.

But yeah I'm in the same boat. I'm just looking forward to doing some homework, playing some League of Legends and watching Peyton beat the crap out of Andrew Luck.

wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integrity wrote:
M.10.E wrote:

We lost by 3 at Pittsburgh. This is nothing new or embarrassing. Did anyone actually think Pittsburgh would play like a 1-win team today?

Hell yes, we are still making the playoffs and then no one will care how we looked in week 7.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensfanRD wrote:
No!

Your coaching and offense loss this game. The Defense gave up field goals man. FIELD GOALS! I'll take that. Were they sloppy? Yeah, but field goals man. Our offense just trolls along for 3 quarters and turn it on when its 4 minutes left.

You're losing 16-9 with about 12 minutes left and you kick an onside kick? Are you fo' serious? ARE YOU SERIOUS?! Offense been struggling all day and you give a team like Pitt a short field for what? It's hard enough as-is.

I thought we'd return to the AFC Championship game to lose to somebody, but got damn... 7-9 is looking more the course right now. Be glad, Ravens! Be glad I'm not Steven!

They didn't just give up field goals, they gave up possessions.

In a normal game the offense is going to have probably 3 more possessions than our offense had to score points. Our offense put up 16 points with limited possessions.

Who cares if the defense only gave up field goals. They gave up 19 points to a Steelers offense that has been average to below this season and that's been playing musical chairs on their OL. Big Ben didn't have a particularly good game either. They got destroyed on the ground for 19 points. You can't even blame Dean Pees for this one.

If we stop the run, I'd be willing to bet that with another two possessions the offense would've gotten another 10 points... because they were getting open frequently against that Pittsburgh secondary.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 30 of 33

Jump to: