Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 7: San Francisco 49ers @ Tennessee Titans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Wins?
49ers
85%
 85%  [ 18 ]
Titans
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 21

Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
Did he have clear possession tho? I don't think he truly ever had control of the ball.

Went back and watched it and you may be right (hard to see if he officially had it or not), but in the end it shouldn't have mattered as the ball was out of bounds before anyone gained possession, so either way it would have been our ball.

See, I wasn't sure Pollard had control either, and your second point was something I was going to also bring up. Oh well, but does anyone know why Gore's catch was overturned? I was watching the KC game during the challenge.

They ruled Gore had one foot on the line. The replay they showed of it was hardly conclusive imo though.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha, I did think there was a chance they rule his heel out of bounds.

SoCal, time to make a Jaguars GDT!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Gotcha, I did think there was a chance they rule his heel out of bounds.

SoCal, time to make a Jaguars GDT!

You got it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to chime in on the game. I think it was an excellent game plan by Roman, it was balanced and exactly what this offense needs to do week in and week out.

As far as Kaepernick goes, I think he had an ok night. The one thing that does worry me is his accuracy. There was a throw to VD, which probably would have been a TD, and another which would have been an INT, but was bailed out due for a penalty. He was overthrowing his man way too much. Hopefully it's something that gets fixed, but until then, I'm glad we put some read option in there to mask some of his weaknesses.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Just to chime in on the game. I think it was an excellent game plan by Roman, it was balanced and exactly what this offense needs to do week in and week out.

As far as Kaepernick goes, I think he had an ok night. The one thing that does worry me is his accuracy. There was a throw to VD, which probably would have been a TD, and another which would have been an INT, but was bailed out due for a penalty. He was overthrowing his man way too much. Hopefully it's something that gets fixed, but until then, I'm glad we put some read option in there to mask some of his weaknesses.

Quote:
John Middlekauff ‏@JohnMiddlekauff 3m
Kaps deep ball touch and his accuracy on deeper breaking routes is pretty darn good when he time w/in the pocket #filmstudy

I didn't like Kaepernick's pass to Davis, but he did get hit as he threw the ball which could have been the reason it sailed as much as it did. The one Kaepernick missed to Davis on the sideline was a bit off, but seems like Davis doesn't have his usual burst back just yet.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown mic'd up:

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Micd-Up-Tarell-Brown/ec161a5f-32fe-438e-80db-383552a30bc2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
Brown mic'd up:

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Micd-Up-Tarell-Brown/ec161a5f-32fe-438e-80db-383552a30bc2

I notice they didn't put anything in there from the 2 plays where he and Kenny Britt got into it. Probably wouldn't have been too PG.
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMG1713 wrote:
Ataal wrote:
Brown mic'd up:

I notice they didn't put anything in there from the 2 plays where he and Kenny Britt got into it. Probably wouldn't have been too PG.

can we get a rater r mic'd up please!

i didnt know tbrown was so talkative. hes funny doh

new sig... sorry alex
big9erfan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw a replay yesterday from an endzone view of that long play by Johnson. It's sad how badly Spillman and Dahl played that. If either Whitner or Reid was in there it might have been just a relatively small gain. I'm beginning to take for granted what a good pick Reid was and how much he does for us back there.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that play was just terrible all around. What was telling was how Rogers was ahead of Bowman, but he wasn't the one to get his hands on CJ2K Laughing .

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
Saw a replay yesterday from an endzone view of that long play by Johnson. It's sad how badly Spillman and Dahl played that. If either Whitner or Reid was in there it might have been just a relatively small gain. I'm beginning to take for granted what a good pick Reid was and how much he does for us back there.

Same with Whitner...I haven't forgotten how bad Mark Roman was.

Whitner gets burned more than we'd like too. But he still does some things very well.

xsaMainevent on the sig
rudyZ

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John232 wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

Same with Whitner...I haven't forgotten how bad Mark Roman was.

Whitner gets burned more than we'd like too. But he still does some things very well.

He got burned last year. He allowed what? 12 TDs? But this year, I think it's actually the other way around. I know stats are always a matter of interpretation, but I did read somewhere that he hadn't allowed a single TD, not too long ago. Even if that's not true, and he did allow some (depending on another observer's interpretation), he's still vastly improved in that regard. I can't help giving Reid some credit in Whitner's turnaround. I've said it plenty of times, but Whitner has often been stuck covering for Goldson in the past. He was stretched thin to the point of breaking and allowing the big plays. Reid seems to be a much better center fielder, just not as prone to cheat in order to get the big hit, which in turn doesn't add strain to Whitner's coverage responsibilities. If Reid is not as good a player as Goldson (which I don't even believe to be true), he is definitely a better fit for us on the back end.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TDs that Whitner allowed had very little to do with covering for Goldson. He struggled in the red zone when he was matched up one on one. And obviously he struggled in space, but this year he has been MUCH better.

However, our red zone defense is terrible. We are allowing TDs at an 70% rate.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41
Page 41 of 41

Jump to: