Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 7: San Francisco 49ers @ Tennessee Titans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Wins?
49ers
85%
 85%  [ 18 ]
Titans
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 21

DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
no need to get pissed off that you didnt pick up the ball when it was right under your dumbasss (literally), next time maybe you will fall on it instead of letting the other teams qb run in from 10 yards away and steal it out from under you. shut your mouth and just play the game dude.

The play you're speaking about was ruled incomplete. If it was correctly ruled a fumble, it would have been Titans' ball. The Titans were out of challenges at that point, and he had every reason to be unhappy.

I think he was referring to Pollard with that.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
Forge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I'm thankful that we made it through this week relatively unscathed. Absolutely brutal week for significant, impactful injuries. Bradford, Wayne, Martin, Cushing, Hall all done for the year, Finley, Cutler, Foster all out for significant chunks of time...

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Wow, I'm thankful that we made it through this week relatively unscathed. Absolutely brutal week for significant, impactful injuries. Bradford, Wayne, Martin, Cushing, Hall all done for the year, Finley, Cutler, Foster all out for significant chunks of time...

Yea, and considering we play Jacksonville this week if we get a big lead we should pull all key starters at the start of the 4th to not take chances.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
AndyLeesAunt wrote:
thee HeAdBuTt

Kaep's face when Boone leans in Laughing

Kaep in that gif...

1) Haha, Yeah!
2) Whoa man you aren't wearing a helmet, did that hurt?
3) HOLY CRAP! This guy might actually eat me.

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park - you will always be in my heart
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
no need to get pissed off that you didnt pick up the ball when it was right under your dumbasss (literally), next time maybe you will fall on it instead of letting the other teams qb run in from 10 yards away and steal it out from under you. shut your mouth and just play the game dude.

The play you're speaking about was ruled incomplete. If it was correctly ruled a fumble, it would have been Titans' ball. The Titans were out of challenges at that point, and he had every reason to be unhappy.

why would it have been titans ball? kaep clearly recovered the would be fumble. pollard tried to pick the ball up but was unsuccessful. kaep dove in and stole it right from under him. love it.

I get that he was unhappy, but the play was over and he took a couple swings at our quarterback, which makes me very unhappy

^a seahawks fan in reference to 2013

FOREVER FAITHFUL
the niners lost the superbowl
FOREVER HATEFUL

SaveourSonics wrote:
Some Seattle fans are really getting out of hand.
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
Forge wrote:

Yea, and considering we play Jacksonville this week if we get a big lead we should pull all key starters at the start of the 4th to not take chances.
We're lucky especially after the Titans players were dishing out shots when it was all but over. I was saying to get Gore out of there near the end. I don't like risking players with the game in hand.

Now here's to next weeks game to show thise Brits a jolly good molly whomping! Laughing

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyLeesAunt wrote:
thee HeAdBuTt

this deserves to be in every gdt for the rest of the season. and if we win it all... carry over the tradition! Laughing

new sig... sorry alex
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1819555-best-gifs-from-sunday-nfl-week-7

alex doing work.

holliday getting popped

another angle of kaps fear

and andy reid being kool aid man.... lmao

what was jim freaking out about, i missed it?

new sig... sorry alex
AndyLeesAunt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1819555-best-gifs-from-sunday-nfl-week-7

alex doing work.

holliday getting popped

another angle of kaps fear

and andy reid being kool aid man.... lmao

what was jim freaking out about, i missed it?

On that 3rd down play in the 4th when VD was coming across the middle and was held but there was no call
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:

why would it have been titans ball? kaep clearly recovered the would be fumble. pollard tried to pick the ball up but was unsuccessful. kaep dove in and stole it right from under him. love it.

I get that he was unhappy, but the play was over and he took a couple swings at our quarterback, which makes me very unhappy

Glad you brought this up, not sure why everyone assumed it would have been the Titans' ball. Sure Pollard jumped to the ball first, but Kaepernick came away with it. If he would have had a challenge left, we would have gotten the first down as you can't challenge who recovered the ball, but rather if it was a completion or not.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:

Glad you brought this up, not sure why everyone assumed it would have been the Titans' ball. Sure Pollard jumped to the ball first, but Kaepernick came away with it. If he would have had a challenge left, we would have gotten the first down as you can't challenge who recovered the ball, but rather if it was a completion or not.

Exactly - but Pollard already had clear possession of it before Kaep wrestled it back away. At the point Pollard established complete possession of the ball, it became his, and because he didn't get up, he would have been ruled down by contact (or having given himself up). The fact that Kaep wrestled it away afterward, would have been beside the point.

Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be alone, and maybe it's because I didn't see it in HD, but I didn't think Kyle fumbled it... he never truly held onto it in the first place. It looked like a classic VD drop from the 2006-2012 era. Hands? No. Body? No. Crotch? No. Knees? No. No part of his body wanted that ball. And isn't the definition of a catch to have possession of the ball and make a football move? I'm not sure what exactly was considered a football move in his awkward contortion. Or I'm not sure exactly what move Kyle has made on offense this year that could even be considered football, outside of lining up in the right place before the snap.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park - you will always be in my heart
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:

Exactly - but Pollard already had clear possession of it before Kaep wrestled it back away. At the point Pollard established complete possession of the ball, it became his, and because he didn't get up, he would have been ruled down by contact (or having given himself up). The fact that Kaep wrestled it away afterward, would have been beside the point.

Did he have clear possession tho? I don't think he truly ever had control of the ball. I would love to see it again, I didn't record this game for whatever reason and they barely showed the replay. can someone post screenshots? I'm fairly confident that pollard never had the ball

And Rudy, it was definitely a catch-fumble. He tucked the ball away and had two feet Down etc

^a seahawks fan in reference to 2013

FOREVER FAITHFUL
the niners lost the superbowl
FOREVER HATEFUL

SaveourSonics wrote:
Some Seattle fans are really getting out of hand.
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
Did he have clear possession tho? I don't think he truly ever had control of the ball.

Went back and watched it and you may be right (hard to see if he officially had it or not), but in the end it shouldn't have mattered as the ball was out of bounds before anyone gained possession, so either way it would have been our ball.

Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
Did he have clear possession tho? I don't think he truly ever had control of the ball.

Went back and watched it and you may be right (hard to see if he officially had it or not), but in the end it shouldn't have mattered as the ball was out of bounds before anyone gained possession, so either way it would have been our ball.

See, I wasn't sure Pollard had control either, and your second point was something I was going to also bring up. Oh well, but does anyone know why Gore's catch was overturned? I was watching the KC game during the challenge.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 40 of 41

Jump to: