Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 7: San Francisco 49ers @ Tennessee Titans
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Wins?
49ers
85%
 85%  [ 18 ]
Titans
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 21

SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: GDT Week 7: San Francisco 49ers @ Tennessee Titans Reply with quote

Tennessee Titans (3-3) vs San Francisco 49ers (4-2)

Rankings:

Titans
Passing Yards: 29th
Rushing Yards: 18th
Passing Defense: 10th
Rushing Defense: 19th

49ers
Passing Yards: 31st
Rushing Yards: 4th
Passing Defense: 6th
Rushing Defense: 20th

The 49ers face another good defensive secondary with the Titans. As long as Kaep can have a game like last week, while minimizing his mistakes, then we have a good shot at winning this. With Chris Johnson being a shell of his former self, and Locker out, we should be able to keep their offense in check. Who's ready for match up with Delanie?

Last edited by SoCalNiner on Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think that by the time we approach the bye the team will be 6-2.

Tennessee has a tough secondary but as you can see with Vernon Davis back to or about at 100 percent that helps the passing game immensely. I just think the WRs may look pedestrian for the most part this game but the core 3(Gore, Kaep, VD) will have decent to good games.

The defense is playing so much better now that Fangio has to actually get creative and not rely on the lineman and Aldon only to get a pass rush. Hopefully he keeps that up even when Aldon comes back....possibly in 2014.

I think a week ago this would have been a tougher match up but I am going to call this a part of the "Week after visiting Seattle" effect.

A week after we went there we lost badly to the Colts. A week after playing in Seattle(and somehow scoring 17) the Jags got annhiliated by the Colts. If you want to throw in Seattle road opponents the Colts lost this week pretty soundly a week after beating Seattle, and I think we all know what happened last week to Houston a week after hosting them.

Seattle is having a similar effect to teams the following week that we have when we play with our tried and true identity of physical football. And the opponent the next week usually benefits.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake Locker was just cleared so he may return this week. Changes some things but this is going to be a tough game either way. That defense will make our offense work for everything. Kaepernick has to protect the ball and continue to play with confidence.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Jake Locker was just cleared so he may return this week. Changes some things but this is going to be a tough game either way. That defense will make our offense work for everything. Kaepernick has to protect the ball and continue to play with confidence.

Roto says they might wait until after the bye

Quote:
The "best-case scenario" for Jake Locker's (hip, knee) return remains after the Titans' Week 8 bye.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barrows twitter

Quote:
Mike Munchak on Kaepernick: "I hope he continues not to run against us.. I don't think he should run. You don't want a QB running too much."

Don't worry Munchak, Harbaugh agrees with you. Kaep will maybe run once, but that's about it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Barrows twitter

Quote:
Mike Munchak on Kaepernick: "I hope he continues not to run against us.. I don't think he should run. You don't want a QB running too much."

Don't worry Munchak, Harbaugh agrees with you. Kaep will maybe run once, but that's about it.

I don't think it's Kaepernick he should be worried about running on his defense this Sunday. There is a guy in the backfield, #21, who has been on a bit of a roll lately.

Hopefully we feed him early. It seems like we've gone pass heavy to start most of the games this year.
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMG1713 wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Barrows twitter

Quote:

I don't think it's Kaepernick he should be worried about running on his defense this Sunday. There is a guy in the backfield, #21, who has been on a bit of a roll lately.

Hopefully we feed him early. It seems like we've gone pass heavy to start most of the games this year.

The less they focus on Gore and keep expecting Kaep to run the more Gore will make them pay.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got no problem with the Titans fans being confident about this game, but I just feel like we are the better team. It won't be easy winning on the road against a stout defense, but we are playing some good ball. This week will show just how much we could depend on Kaepernick. We can't beat the Titans by just depending on the run game. He will have to take care of the ball and can't come away with FGs every time we get to the red zone.

Last edited by J-ALL-DAY on Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
therealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
I got no problem with the Titans fans being confident about this game, but I just feel like we are the better team. It won't be tough winning on the road against a stout defense, but we are playing some good ball. This week will show just how much we could depend on Kaepernick. We can't beat the Titans by just depending on the run game. He will have to take care of the ball and can't come away with FGs every time we get to the red zone.

No argument there

You are the better team when we have Fitzpatrick under center Smile
iwentundrafted

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
I got no problem with the Titans fans being confident about this game, but I just feel like we are the better team. It won't be tough winning on the road against a stout defense, but we are playing some good ball. This week will show just how much we could depend on Kaepernick. We can't beat the Titans by just depending on the run game. He will have to take care of the ball and can't come away with FGs every time we get to the red zone.

No argument there

You are the better team when we have anybody on our team under center Smile

FIFY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know why but this game definitely has trap game feel to it

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami49er wrote:
I think you said the same thing last year for the Vikings game... Shhh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami49er wrote:

I feel that way every game, even the Jags next week. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a tough scrappy team. If Fitzpatrick starts niners should win easy. The hawks played like crap, and still pull it out.
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
I got no problem with the Titans fans being confident about this game, but I just feel like we are the better team. It won't be easy winning on the road against a stout defense, but we are playing some good ball. This week will show just how much we could depend on Kaepernick. We can't beat the Titans by just depending on the run game. He will have to take care of the ball and can't come away with FGs every time we get to the red zone.

I don't think many Titans fans are CONFIDENT about winning the game. I think most of us know we have a good chance of taking it, and probably wont because Fitzpatrick will somehow give the game the the Niners. Just like he did the Chiefs and the Seahawks.

The Niners will have to use Vernon Davis to beat us through the air, targeting the WR's will get Kaepernick into trouble. Fokou is out so I wouldn't be surprised if you have some success running the ball if you go at McCarthy, he's worthless.

The Titans are, IMHO, a better team than the Niners with Locker, though.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 1 of 41

Jump to: