Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Darrell Bevell Head Coach material?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Wolf6151


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 2854
Location: Pearland, Texas
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:28 am    Post subject: Is Darrell Bevell Head Coach material? Reply with quote

As a Houston Texans fan I think there's a better than average chance that Gary Kubiak is gone at the end of the season. Would your Off. Coordinator Darrell Bevell be a good Head Coach candidate? Honest opinions please. Thanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SwiftTexan


Joined: 15 Feb 2011
Posts: 3928
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Popular opinion is that he's not a great Oc but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be a great HC. He could get some looks but I've been frustrated by his play calling on several occasions. He does seem like a good fit for Houston with their commitment to the run. Kubiak is on the hot seat for sure. I think bevell is a possibility but somebody else would get the job and we'll be stuck with bevell for another year.
_________________
The Ultimate Fantasy Football Challenge
FootballsFuture Fantasy Scrubs League
Discussion Thread Link
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031


Last edited by SwiftTexan on Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brown_Mamba


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 1802
Location: Seattle
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's better options out there. DB is a good coordinator, not great. His play calling is suspect at times. Nonetheless, we won't know what kind of HC he'd be because that's a whole different monster than being an OC.

But I bet he'd be more successful than Gus Bradley Laughing
_________________

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tooki


Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Posts: 10744
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown_Mamba wrote:
There's better options out there. DB is a good coordinator, not great. His play calling is suspect at times. Nonetheless, we won't know what kind of HC he'd be because that's a whole different monster than being an OC.

But I bet he'd be more successful than Gus Bradley Laughing


I doubt it Laughing. Gus has way more HC qualities than Bevell.

Also, the Jags team had arguably less talent than Pete inherited with the Seahawks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wolf6151


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 2854
Location: Pearland, Texas
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown_Mamba wrote:
There's better options out there. DB is a good coordinator, not great. His play calling is suspect at times. Nonetheless, we won't know what kind of HC he'd be because that's a whole different monster than being an OC.

But I bet he'd be more successful than Gus Bradley Laughing



Who do you suggest?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
canucks9314


Joined: 31 Dec 2009
Posts: 1114
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, No he's not. Probably better than Gus Bradley though.

Wolf6151 wrote:
Brown_Mamba wrote:
There's better options out there. DB is a good coordinator, not great. His play calling is suspect at times. Nonetheless, we won't know what kind of HC he'd be because that's a whole different monster than being an OC.

But I bet he'd be more successful than Gus Bradley Laughing



Who do you suggest?


John Gruden?
_________________


domepatrol91 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Did 84 point the direction they were gonna run the ball? Laughing

Reverse psychology.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoS


Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 3759
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly don't think he's a better candidate than Gus, though I didn't like Gus' chances either.
_________________
DudeWhat?? wrote:
If I am a starting QB and my back up is Kellen Clemens..i would only have one question...."Turn up for what?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ring Worm Sherm


Joined: 27 Apr 2013
Posts: 970
Location: PNW
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really tough to tell. It seems like he's a good players coach, but who knows how he is evaluating talent and dealing with players when the spotlight is on him. I think he would have to have to bring in a really good staff to be a successful coach.
_________________


“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bobob123


Joined: 15 Oct 2012
Posts: 162
Location: somewhere in outer space!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO!

Bevell really gets under my skin sometimes with his playcalling... and it seems like he is lost at times in games.
_________________
....


"Guess what! I got a fever, and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!" - Christopher Walken
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NFL_Announcer


Joined: 31 Mar 2010
Posts: 694
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No... neither coordinator will amount to anything in the NFL.

Bevell and Bradley profited off a bunch of ridiculous freak athletes that Carroll/Schneider genius'd on and a player core that is extremely self reliant on leadership presence.

Bradley left... defense is better... Bradley is putting together quite possibly the worst NFL team in the last 50 years. Bevell has done more harm than good. "We have the ball at the 1 yard line and the NFLs most physical back! Let's run Wilson who is 5'11" against a bunch of 300 lb guys!" He's like the dumbest smart coordinator in the NFL.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ring Worm Sherm


Joined: 27 Apr 2013
Posts: 970
Location: PNW
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^To Bradleys credit though, he has thin talent on defense to work with and no QB. The O line isn't special either. I wouldn't judge him til at least year 2 or 3. But yeah Bevell not running Lynch from the 1 on 1st or 2nd down blew my mind. Its like he has Russ on his fantasy team and needed 6 pts
_________________


“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Seachickens


Joined: 14 Oct 2009
Posts: 349
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, he's not even a good OC. Monday showed that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sacks98


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 4017
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea i agree although Pete says he gets involved with the play calling today so some of the blame has to fall on him for Lynch getting only 9 carries.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SHONUFF


Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 3296
Location: fairfield, Ca
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Bevell Reply with quote

I disagree with everyone here. I think bevell is a pretty good ocand he's a huge reason for Russ's success. Is he a perfect oc? no but perfect humans don't exist.

I like how he isn't afraid to think outside the box, the way he stated using the read option last yeAr right when he saw its success with other teams.. It shows he will not let his pride get in the way of making smart decisions.

Most seahawk fans don't like him because he'll call action passes on 3rd and short but those are damned if you do damned if you don't type calls..
_________________
I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21839
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Bevell Reply with quote

SHONUFF wrote:
I disagree with everyone here. I think bevell is a pretty good ocand he's a huge reason for Russ's success. Is he a perfect oc? no but perfect humans don't exist.

I like how he isn't afraid to think outside the box, the way he stated using the read option last yeAr right when he saw its success with other teams.. It shows he will not let his pride get in the way of making smart decisions.

Most seahawk fans don't like him because he'll call action passes on 3rd and short but those are damned if you do damned if you don't type calls..
No, I hate him because his idea of a great 3rd and 1 play call is to motion Lynch to WR and run an empty set.
_________________
<Ram
BlaqOptic wrote:
...13 Seahawks one spot over the 08 Steelers

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group