Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Darrell Bevell Head Coach material?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:28 am    Post subject: Is Darrell Bevell Head Coach material? Reply with quote

As a Houston Texans fan I think there's a better than average chance that Gary Kubiak is gone at the end of the season. Would your Off. Coordinator Darrell Bevell be a good Head Coach candidate? Honest opinions please. Thanks.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Popular opinion is that he's not a great Oc but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be a great HC. He could get some looks but I've been frustrated by his play calling on several occasions. He does seem like a good fit for Houston with their commitment to the run. Kubiak is on the hot seat for sure. I think bevell is a possibility but somebody else would get the job and we'll be stuck with bevell for another year.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031

Last edited by SwiftTexan on Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's better options out there. DB is a good coordinator, not great. His play calling is suspect at times. Nonetheless, we won't know what kind of HC he'd be because that's a whole different monster than being an OC.

But I bet he'd be more successful than Gus Bradley Laughing

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
Tooki

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown_Mamba wrote:
There's better options out there. DB is a good coordinator, not great. His play calling is suspect at times. Nonetheless, we won't know what kind of HC he'd be because that's a whole different monster than being an OC.

I doubt it Laughing. Gus has way more HC qualities than Bevell.

Also, the Jags team had arguably less talent than Pete inherited with the Seahawks.
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown_Mamba wrote:

Who do you suggest?
canucks9314

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, No he's not. Probably better than Gus Bradley though.

Wolf6151 wrote:
Brown_Mamba wrote:

Who do you suggest?

John Gruden?

domepatrol91 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Did 84 point the direction they were gonna run the ball? Laughing

Reverse psychology.
SoS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly don't think he's a better candidate than Gus, though I didn't like Gus' chances either.
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really tough to tell. It seems like he's a good players coach, but who knows how he is evaluating talent and dealing with players when the spotlight is on him. I think he would have to have to bring in a really good staff to be a successful coach.

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
bobob123

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO!

Bevell really gets under my skin sometimes with his playcalling... and it seems like he is lost at times in games.

"Guess what! I got a fever, and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!" - Christopher Walken
NFL_Announcer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No... neither coordinator will amount to anything in the NFL.

Bevell and Bradley profited off a bunch of ridiculous freak athletes that Carroll/Schneider genius'd on and a player core that is extremely self reliant on leadership presence.

Bradley left... defense is better... Bradley is putting together quite possibly the worst NFL team in the last 50 years. Bevell has done more harm than good. "We have the ball at the 1 yard line and the NFLs most physical back! Let's run Wilson who is 5'11" against a bunch of 300 lb guys!" He's like the dumbest smart coordinator in the NFL.
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^To Bradleys credit though, he has thin talent on defense to work with and no QB. The O line isn't special either. I wouldn't judge him til at least year 2 or 3. But yeah Bevell not running Lynch from the 1 on 1st or 2nd down blew my mind. Its like he has Russ on his fantasy team and needed 6 pts

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
Seachickens

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, he's not even a good OC. Monday showed that.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea i agree although Pete says he gets involved with the play calling today so some of the blame has to fall on him for Lynch getting only 9 carries.
SHONUFF

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Bevell Reply with quote

I disagree with everyone here. I think bevell is a pretty good ocand he's a huge reason for Russ's success. Is he a perfect oc? no but perfect humans don't exist.

I like how he isn't afraid to think outside the box, the way he stated using the read option last yeAr right when he saw its success with other teams.. It shows he will not let his pride get in the way of making smart decisions.

Most seahawk fans don't like him because he'll call action passes on 3rd and short but those are damned if you do damned if you don't type calls..
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Bevell Reply with quote

SHONUFF wrote:
I disagree with everyone here. I think bevell is a pretty good ocand he's a huge reason for Russ's success. Is he a perfect oc? no but perfect humans don't exist.

I like how he isn't afraid to think outside the box, the way he stated using the read option last yeAr right when he saw its success with other teams.. It shows he will not let his pride get in the way of making smart decisions.

Most seahawk fans don't like him because he'll call action passes on 3rd and short but those are damned if you do damned if you don't type calls..
No, I hate him because his idea of a great 3rd and 1 play call is to motion Lynch to WR and run an empty set.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: