Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cleveland Browns at Green Bay Packers GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 43, 44, 45  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MUOH


Joined: 31 Jul 2008
Posts: 3941
Location: Tallahassee
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WIsportsfan wrote:
MUOH wrote:
Uneven effort by the Pack on both sides of the ball today and they still put up 31 and held them to 13. Team will need to play better against higher caliber opponents but given the number of injuries thing worked out very well sans the Finley injury.


The defense played very well again. Been doing that since week two.


Agreed, but they looked a little gassed in the 3rd quarter. Lack of depth and the fact that the offense did not give them a ton of help during that stretch may have magnified the issue.

Run defense missed Perry and while there was pressure it failed to get home. Secondary has been playing light outs since Burnett got back.

Rodgers looks very uncomfortable in the pocket this year and protection was again just OK. Run game was good again and it looks like Lacy was a huge steal.

Special teams not so special.

If this team can stay and get healthy potential for more upside is there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ramonesfan


Joined: 03 Nov 2005
Posts: 1720
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5thStringQB wrote:
PuntMyLumps wrote:
5thStringQB wrote:
"When you draft 'em the size of Boykin..."

What prior experience do you need to become a commentator, exactly?


I've only been watching for like 30 minutes but hes already said at least 4 different things that are painfully stupid. Its sorta disheartening realy


Quite the contrary. As a broadcast journalism major I've never been happier. A basic understanding of football and the english language was all that was separating me from realizing my dream as a color commentator. Imagine my joy when I learned that I didnt even need that!
This was great. You've earned your spot as my new sig. Be proud of that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky mark


Joined: 08 Aug 2013
Posts: 1086
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
jasonjwilde: #Packers WR Randall Cobb just sped out of the locker room on a Segway.


Cool
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PossibleCabbage


Joined: 25 Apr 2011
Posts: 3306
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5thStringQB wrote:
PuntMyLumps wrote:
5thStringQB wrote:
"When you draft 'em the size of Boykin..."

What prior experience do you need to become a commentator, exactly?


I've only been watching for like 30 minutes but hes already said at least 4 different things that are painfully stupid. Its sorta disheartening realy


Quite the contrary. As a broadcast journalism major I've never been happier. A basic understanding of football and the english language was all that was separating me from realizing my dream as a color commentator. Imagine my joy when I learned that I didnt even need that!



Do you remember, like back in the late 80s/early 90s (before Fox had football), when the football announcers just didn't talk very much? I miss that.

You can see it sometimes on the replays of classic games on NFLN if you don't know what I'm talking about.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Arodsmightybelt


Joined: 20 Dec 2010
Posts: 2166
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky mark wrote:
Quote:
jasonjwilde: #Packers WR Randall Cobb just sped out of the locker room on a Segway.


Cool




Shocked ....yes....yes.....i like where this is going

we could plug him back into the lineup. it will be revolutionary
_________________
Cutler Cutlering. Its so beautiful - Bears Are Legit
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kgthekid


Joined: 05 Jun 2009
Posts: 1663
Location: On the Maryland side of DC
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
Congrats on the win. I have to imagine the game would have at least been a lot closer if Hoyer was still playing.

Anyway, what players on the Browns stood out to you as being good? IMO, not many of Cleveland's players played well today. I'm not as big of a Weeden hater as most Browns fans, but his play hurts the entire team. He can't sustain drives which hurts the defense. I mean, look at how much better the team was as a whole when Hoyer was playing. They played well with just solid QB play. I'd love to see how good the Browns could be if they are able to acquire a legitimate franchise QB.


Cameron to start. Was the only one who could catch in that weather.

That defense, collectively, as well. Seemed like the secondary kept them from getting gashed deep and forced Rodgers into several checkdowns. Front seven didn't give up many big gains on the ground. Sheard got pressure on the quarterback. Didn't see them go to Haden's side very often.
_________________

Fuzzy Slippers tells no lies.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgX


Joined: 08 Aug 2006
Posts: 10990
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgthekid wrote:
DawgX wrote:
Congrats on the win. I have to imagine the game would have at least been a lot closer if Hoyer was still playing.

Anyway, what players on the Browns stood out to you as being good? IMO, not many of Cleveland's players played well today. I'm not as big of a Weeden hater as most Browns fans, but his play hurts the entire team. He can't sustain drives which hurts the defense. I mean, look at how much better the team was as a whole when Hoyer was playing. They played well with just solid QB play. I'd love to see how good the Browns could be if they are able to acquire a legitimate franchise QB.


Cameron to start. Was the only one who could catch in that weather.

That defense, collectively, as well. Seemed like the secondary kept them from getting gashed deep and forced Rodgers into several checkdowns. Front seven didn't give up many big gains on the ground. Sheard got pressure on the quarterback. Didn't see them go to Haden's side very often.


Either today's game or last week's game was the worse the defense has looked all season. Before that they were completely dominant. Part of it is that they're facing better offenses but part of it also has to due with Weeden. Like I said, he can't sustain drives so the defense is on the field a lot and thus aren't as fresh.
_________________
Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee



Smack on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BartStarving


Joined: 22 Jan 2008
Posts: 1095
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
Congrats on the win. I have to imagine the game would have at least been a lot closer if Hoyer was still playing.

Anyway, what players on the Browns stood out to you as being good? IMO, not many of Cleveland's players played well today. I'm not as big of a Weeden hater as most Browns fans, but his play hurts the entire team. He can't sustain drives which hurts the defense. I mean, look at how much better the team was as a whole when Hoyer was playing. They played well with just solid QB play. I'd love to see how good the Browns could be if they are able to acquire a legitimate franchise QB.


Cameron will go to a lot of Pro Bowls if he stays healthy. Haden's one of the few guys in this league that can play on an island. The DLine is usually better than they played today. It's tough to play from behind against Aaron and Co.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chucknorris101


Joined: 20 Sep 2010
Posts: 3044
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finley having emergency neck surgery
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky mark


Joined: 08 Aug 2013
Posts: 1086
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
WISportsBlog: BREAKING: According to Fox 6, #Packers TE Jermichael Finley is having emergency neck surgery.


Quote:
WISportsBlog: Fox 6 reporter said on air Finley was having surgery. Several are saying what Fox said is false. I guess we wait for confirmation either way


lfjwaerghjalgrh;geefeg this better be false
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chucknorris101


Joined: 20 Sep 2010
Posts: 3044
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently fox 6 disowning the report now
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mxr124


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 927
Location: Dubuque, Ia.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow, NO. Praying for #88 and his family Pray
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CentralFC


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 4767
Location: Evanston, IL
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus. Better be false.
_________________
Simian07:
Quote:
I'd argue Jordy is probably around the 30th-40th best receiver in the NFL, maybe 50th.
Shish wrote:
Hyde just lost his cutlerginity.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 13423
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chucknorris101 wrote:
Apparently fox 6 disowning the report now
They said they never said it, FWIW. Those rumors about him aren't true. Stay praying for him, though.
_________________
Webmaster wrote:
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
packattack86


Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 2908
Location: Springfield, IL
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope Finley is ok, it's a shame to see anybody taken off on a stretcher. Get well J-Mike.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 44 of 45

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group