Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 7 GDT: Rams @ Panthers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grizzly224

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost everyone is picking us to win and we are a 6 point home favorite. I am wondering if this makes everyone else as scared as it does me.
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grizzly224 wrote:
Almost everyone is picking us to win and we are a 6 point home favorite. I am wondering if this makes everyone else as scared as it does me.

Panthers? Favorites? Has that happened since 2008?

^^Peppers90^^
ericr0319

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems every week the key to the game is if we can protect Cam. If we can run with Dwill early and productive, it should give Cam all the time he needs

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grizzly224 wrote:

I'm not scared. In order to be scared you have to have some hope. I know what's coming. You know what's coming. The stitches are only a week old and theyre about to get ripped out. Again.

Fatalistic? Cant help it. This team has done it too many times. They play Lucy to our Charlie Brown every time.

CK on the sig
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
This game is a real head scratcher for me. Can we beat this team? Yes. Will we beat this team? Who knows. Their offense doesn't scare me at all, their running game is sub par at best(28th) and Bradford has extremely impressed me this year. Their pass D has been average with terrible run D. Two things we need to do.

1.Pressure Bradford all game (because we don't have to worry about the run).
2. RUN THE BALL. I want Dwill to have at least 22 carries this game because I don't see Stewart making his presence felt on the field till the earliest next Thursday.

Carolina over St. Louis 27-17

No offense but I wouldn't make assumptions off of stats.

Our running game was one of the worst I've ever seen from Weeks 1 to 4. Daryl Richardson is dealing with turf toe and blindness. When I say blindness, I mean he has no freaking vision this year. Just gets the ball and runs where the play tells him to. That typically is straight into the back of his blockers.

So the first four weeks, we had a HB with mediocre explosiveness(due to the injury) and no vision trying to run out of 3 WR sets. That led to something like a putrid 2.6 yards per carry average.

And that's not mentioning Richardson's complete inability to break tackles or a make a tackler miss in the hole.

Basically, our run game was worse than anemic...it was deader than the ducks Jimmy Clausen threw when under pressure.

After the 49er blowout, the Rams finally dumped Richardson as a starter and went to a more traditional power-I offense led by Zac Stacy.

Stacy isn't Adrian Peterson but he's been extremely effective. He's averaging right around 5 yards per carry as our starter and has been among the best in the league in terms of yards after contact.

Stacy lacks a second gear but he makes up for that with great vision, the patience of a seasoned veteran and amazing leg drive. We're talking about a 5'8" HB built like a tank that runs behind his pads. He's averaging 3.0 yards after contact thus far because it's so difficult to bring him down with how small he makes himself, his power in his lower body and his ability to drive those legs and keep his balance through contact. He's the little engine that could. Laughing

I wouldn't just assume you'll shut our run game down. You guys have an excellent run defense but Zac Stacy is playing like a mad man right now. If he gets hurt, though, we're in deep doo-doo.

Stacy plays the game a lot like Emmitt Smith used to.(I'm not saying he's of Emmitt's talent level) He gets downhill, he grinds out yardage and he rarely gets caught in the back-field for a loss. He's just excellent at allowing a seam to develop, squeezing through a small seam and then pushing forward for some extra yards.

You guys are really going to have gang tackle the heck out of him because he's done a great job of bouncing off and driving back attempts at solo tackles.

I'm excited to see what he can do against an elite rush defense.

I'm also scared of what our OL will do against another great pass rush. Laughing

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Grizzly224 wrote:

I'm not scared. In order to be scared you have to have some hope. I know what's coming. You know what's coming. The stitches are only a week old and theyre about to get ripped out. Again.

Fatalistic? Cant help it. This team has done it too many times. They play Lucy to our Charlie Brown every time.

I don't think you understand. The Rams are on a 2 game win streak. If there's a team better than the Panthers are ripping your heart out after looking good, it's the Rams.

I truly have no idea what to expect this week. I fear that this team will implode again so I can't allow myself to be optimistic. Wink

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
rjkilla

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Grizzly224 wrote:

yeah, i'm excited for this one...which basically means they'll let me down

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As good as good as Stacy looked last week there has not been a single team that has been able to rush against our base front 7 this year. We held AP and Lynch in check and the only RB that had a ok game was the Bills Spiller who is more of a scat back type player.

The thing that worries me about the Rams O is completing the short passes quickly and taking our pass rush out of play. We need the Panthers secondary to continue to tackle well and hold those short passes to minimal gains.

The keys to a Panthers win will be tackle well on D. Run the ball well on O and win the turnover battle.
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no reason why we shouldn't win this game.

24-17, Rams.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
There is no reason why we shouldn't win this game.

24-17, Rams.

I love you guys. Laughing

I felt like such a defeatist writing what I did. So glad to see I am not alone. You know what they say about misery.

CK on the sig
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
I don't think you understand. The Rams are on a 2 game win streak. If there's a team better than the Panthers are ripping your heart out after looking good, it's the Rams.

I truly have no idea what to expect this week. I fear that this team will implode again so I can't allow myself to be optimistic. Wink

Oh it's on! We'll see who's hopes and dreams are crushed today, buddy.

We are going DOWN!

CK on the sig
rjkilla

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stacy is built like a tree trunk...any word on who's starting at SS? do the rams still got witherspoon?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@PanthersPR wrote:
#Panthers inactives: 15 McNutt, 20 Moore, 24 Norman, 36 A. Smith, 38 Lester, 92 Edwards, 94 Fua

Only carrying 3 DTs (Cole, Lotulelei, and Short), so expect Alexander, Johnson, and Hardy to play inside more than usual this game.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found out I have to miss most of this game. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
We need this win boys.
Let's go.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
rjkilla

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if lesters out it has to be mikell...we need the run support

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we lose this game we deserve no room to be in any talk of a playoff team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 2 of 21

Jump to: