Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 7 NE v. NY 'Didn't they just play eachother?' GD Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mission27

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
mission27 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
mission27 wrote:
Broncos have great weapons but Gronk, Amendola, Edelman, Dobson, KT, and Vereen is really not bad.

What are the chances of these guys actually ever being healthy and productive at the same time?

What are the chances NBT is posting sober?

About the same as the chances Peytons forehead is shrinking.

At least you didn't say Rihanna.

NextBigThing wrote:
I am supremely confident Taylor Swift would date me if we ever met.

#JDI
Pats#1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mission27 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
mission27 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
mission27 wrote:
Broncos have great weapons but Gronk, Amendola, Edelman, Dobson, KT, and Vereen is really not bad.

What are the chances of these guys actually ever being healthy and productive at the same time?

About the same as the chances Peytons forehead is shrinking.

At least you didn't say Rihanna.

Yuck.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mission27 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
mission27 wrote:

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyy. Sad
3. Cordarelle Patterson
Past Successes: Dez Bryant, Alshon Jeffrey, Torrey Smith
Future Successes: Sammy Watkins, Rueban Randle
mission27

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
mission27 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
mission27 wrote:

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyy. Sad

I meant no offense. Just can't imagine NBT not having a little fun at 12:30 on a Monday.

NextBigThing wrote:
I am supremely confident Taylor Swift would date me if we ever met.

#JDI
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pats83

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:

Interesting.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pats83 wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:

Interesting.

At least the refs are consistent Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:

Even if that's no pushing, it's roughing the snapper. It would be interesting to review all kicks this weekend to see how many times this went on.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was infuriating, to say the least. So many things went wrong that we could control, and we get shafted by the refs towards the end too.

Steve Gregory's DPI when Dobson's back shoulder throw DPI wasn't called...

Chandler Jones moving/pushing Ivory out the way so he wouldn't step on his head when picking himself up off the ground - 15 yards...

Chris Jones picking up a penalty no one has ever heard of when this happens on nigh on every single FG attempt (including our own FG which made it 27-27)

Those calls were inconsistent, or flat out wrong.

Now, Patriots issues:

Hightower is looking like a bust - he can't cover, he doesn't offer any decent pass rush and his 'attempt' to tackle Geno Smith was laughable. He needs to lose at least 20lbs by next season so he's playing at a normal LB weight. No point being a 270lb LB if it's stopping you executing plays that you should be making at that position.

Rob Ninkovich has been abysmal since his contract extension. Austin Howard sucks and he totally neutralized him.

Jamie Collins is being totally misused and his explosion isn't being utilized to generate pass rush.

Our DT's can't run protect worth a damn. Pushed back every single run play (though we already knew that)

Logan Ryan is a master at tackling after giving up a catch. Our DB's looked strangely like the 2011 Patriots, in that no matter what 3rd Down distance it was, they'd always find a way to concede a new set of downs.

Devin McCourty and Chandler Jones are the only guys I feel can come out of this game with any credit. Though Chandler needs to be more consistent.

Nate Solder has looked like hot garbage the last few weeks. He needs to get his act together.

Wendell is playing himself out of a contract and Dan Connolly is earning about $3m too much this season.

Gronk is rusty, and may need a couple of weeks before we see the real Gronk, but his consistent hands (on easier catches - that 1 hander was tough) was an unusual sight this season.

Brandon Bolden is so, so average. Why isn't Ridley getting the vast majority of carries/snaps?

Aaron Dobson comes up small again in the clutch. Had the ball in 2 hands and seemingly threw it over his head on that back shoulder throw. Fine in normal parts of the game (though still body caught everything) but doesn't have the mental make up for the big play. Again, we need to see much less of Dobson until he can be trusted to not trip over his feet or make a difficult catch every now and again.

Not enough Collie for my liking, made some good plays in the 1st, then disappeared for the 2nd.

Need Amendola back quickly, out short passing game needs more utilization and Dola's return will force that I think. Way too much emphasis on the deep/intermediate game. Short passes to Gronk, KT, Edelman and Dola who should get YAC needs to be our MO.

KT looked like an UDFA yesterday, couldn't create separation and couldn't catch consistently. Maybe he needs to be in the clutch at all times to produce.

Brady is making a hell of a lot of short throws that are going behind the receiver this season - which is what happened on the Pick 6. It looks like his accuracy is worsening, or he's really not comfortable. I think that could have been the hand injury though (did that occur before the INT??)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Brady hurt his hand. There was a play in the second quarter where it hit a Jets lineman in his follow through and after that he was always flexing/testing his fingers on the sideline.
Sciz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on my phone at work. Can somebody confirm that the NFL.com highlights no longer include Gostkowski's kick that tied the game at 27?
rabbisson

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
I'm on my phone at work. Can somebody confirm that the NFL.com highlights no longer include Gostkowski's kick that tied the game at 27?

Not there.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Sciz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
Sciz wrote:

Not there.

Wow. I get that this was technically the right call, but everything that has happened since feels so shady.
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mission27 wrote:
Broncos have great weapons but Gronk, Amendola, Edelman, Dobson, KT, and Vereen is really not bad. No reason Brady can't work with that group. He just has to realize he's not working with Manning's weapons and they aren't going to bail him out as often.

Those aren't bad options but we aren't playing on paper and the only two guys on that list that have been active all year have been Edelman and KT. Not fair to compare.

ELRammy
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:

Even if that's no pushing, it's roughing the snapper. It would be interesting to review all kicks this weekend to see how many times this went on.

I was listening to ESPN NY earlier and apparently someone is reporting that Rex Ryan tipped off the officials before the kick about watching for that penalty. Rex hasn't come out and said this is true or not yet but that would explain why this is the first time we've seen this penalty. Now that is unfair because the officials should have been watching for this on every kick across the board, but man if this is true that might be Rex's best in game move.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 55 of 56

Jump to: